LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

on 5/10/2012 12:47:00 PM

I LOVE this palette. Works very well for me and I love the eyeshadow
primer that comes with. I am redheaded, light to medium skin with pink undertones, and green/blue eyes. I love that the palette is rose-toned. It is different from the usual neutrals. Using the primer, these shadows last me about 14 hours without touching it AT ALL. Great mixture of matte and sparkle to pick from.

on 11/23/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I noticed that there were no reviews from dark women on this gem of a palette- let me be the first brownie to say that this is an AWESOME palette! The colors are very pigmented and look really beautiful against brown skin. Because you have matte colors within the palette, you can get a complete look out of this palette- all you need to add is liner and mascara. : ) I used UDPP and the colors stayed on all day until I washed it off that night.

The packaging is sleek and would be perfect to throw in a bag while you're on the go.

I haven't tried the primer, so no comment on that.

on 1/30/2013 10:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Obviously not among the majority here - I much prefer the LORAC PRO Palette to this one. Actually purchased this by accident at ULTA thinking that this was the PRO palette and was irritated at myself when I got home to realize I had picked up the wrong item. However, not one to EVER turn down an eyeshadow palette, I decided to keep this and use it - which I have. at least half a dozen times now.

I have brown eyes and frankly don't find that these colors do anything much for them. In the pan the colors look pretty and I love rose tone anything but I have yet to come up with a look from it that impresses me. Tried a variety of combinations but find them too shimmery and off color for my particular eyes. I am sure these colors are great on others - just not me.

I actually went back and purchased the Pro Palette and find it much more suitable to my needs - a nice combo of matte & shimmer shades and will probably(?) give this one to a friend. Could it be I am reaching palette overdose? Even the new UD OZ teasers aren't pulling me in...

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great buy for us NEUTRAL lovers!

Pigmented creamy and staying power is excellent!

on 8/6/2013 8:01:00 PM

I love love love this palette!! All of the colors are so nicely pigmented and very easy to blend. Definitely worth the money!

I love this palette. It is my only palette but I am eyeing others now! I love the warm tones of the shadows on my fair olive skin and blue eyes. Would totally recommend! Ok the other hand I didn't like the primer at all. Shadows creased really bad. I prefer UDPP.

on 2/20/2014 4:16:00 PM

Forewarning: My review is also a comparison to Urban Decay's Naked 3, which I explain below why I did this. If you are thinking about getting one over the other, this might be useful.

So I am a total eyeshadow junkie but originally thought that this palette was unnecessary because I have Naked 3 and pretty much all the neutral palettes (Naked 1, Basics, Lorac Pro, etc.) When I saw this, it was pretty but nothing outstanding, so I walked on by it in Ulta. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later I was on YouTube and people kept talking about it and saying it was a warmer version of Naked 3 that I started to relook at it. 2 or 3 of my favorite gurus said that they loved Naked 3, but it was too many cool tones to do a variety of different looks and that they had to pull from other palettes to make a complete look and to warm up the eye. I don't remember who said that this palette was perfect for that, but that's what sold me. This was going to be my companion palette to Naked 3.

I went to Ulta that night and did some swatching. I love the warmer more neutral tones of this rosey brown palette and the pigmentation is on point!!!!! It only has 8 colors compared to Naked 3's 12, but the pans are considerably larger so I feel the amount of actual product your getting more than makes up for that. They are buttery smooth, very blendable and glide onto the eye. The colors as I have stated are warmer and more neutral (less pink) than my Naked 3 and the variety of matte and shimmer colors is better than N3, IMHO. I feel like this palette has more/better transition colors and the highlight isn't super shimmer and warmer than the one N3. The eyeshadow in general is less dry/chalky and I feel like it blends better and there is less fallout than with the N3. There are also a couple of the pinkier shades in N3 that are glittery and chunkier. This has it's place, but does not really lend itself to everyday use, whereas, the Unzipped has shimmer shades, they are smooth and can easily lend themselves to daytime looks. Nobody wants to look like Barbie at the office, which N3 can border on if your not careful.

The packaging is not as fancy as N3, definitely more simplistic. Its just a book style with a magnetic lid to keep it closed. It is very slim, probably my skinniest palette, which I really like because this palette is even small enough to carry in a purse and great for travel. The mirror in it is large, which I also like for the previously stated reason of travel. The N3 case is sturdier, tin? I got mine at Ulta for $40, which is $12 less than N3 and I got a generous sample of the Lorac eye primer which I really like. It's comparable to my staple Milani, with it's squeeze tube packaging and the consistency of the product. This is where Lorac beats N3. Previously, when UD releases a palette they gave generous sample sizes of their primer potion. This was not the case with N3. They gave 1 use samples of their 4 different primers, which I did not like as much. UD N3 does come with a really nice double ended brush, one side good for blending the other for packing on color. This brush is nice and I do like using it.

I bought the Unzipped palette to compliment my N3 and found that I do just the opposite. I am fair with blonde hair and blue eyes so I do need to keep the tones a little warmer than the N3 allows. If I don't the pink looks make me look tired or a little sickly. I don't have this problem with the Unzipped.

Overall: This is my new go to. I'm picking it up over all my other palettes and have been for several weeks. The texture and quality of the shadows, the user friendly hues and blendability and universality of this palette far exceeded all initial expectations and I'm so glad I picked this up. If your thinking about it, just do it. Especially because this palette is a little more wallet friendly then some of the other palettes out right now.

I just bought this palette a few days ago, and I'm very pleased. It contains some matte and some shimmer shades, which is nice. The reason I purchased it in the first place was because the matte shades included were so rich and colorful. I'm so bored with all the matte shadows being pastels or neutrals, but this one rocks.

The shadows are very pigmented and all the shades inside are versatile and absolutely lovely. It seems to me that every palette out there has that one shade that's kind of lame and a bit of a throw-away color. Not this palette. Every color is fabulous.

As I said, they're very pigmented. They also blend quite smoothly. I'm very glad I bought this one.

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far my favorite Lorac palette. The colors are beautiful and so creamy and pigmented. A while back I purchaed the Urban Decay naked 3 palette and hated it so much I gave it away. For me the colors in this palette were much kinder to mature fair skin tones. I found the colors to be very blendable and easier to work with while being very comparable to naked 3.