LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This makeup palette has some very beautiful shades in it. They really pigmented and sit on the skin very nicely. They really would work well on any skin tone and eye color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love the the super pigmented shades, how easily they blend, and how long they last. The price isn't bad, and the eyeshadow pans are big and have a lot of product. This is one of my all time favorite palettes, because of how super ultra pigmented the shimmers are. They are by far the best shimmers i have ever used.

on 1/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this palette, especially in comparison to the Lorac Pro 3. I absolutely loathed that palette, not for the colors, but the formula was hard to work with. This palette, however, works really great for me and has some really romantic shades. They are very pink-toned, so if you aren't a pink girl, stay far away. Even the gold shows up a bit pink (at least on my skin with soft ochre pain pot underneath).

on 12/5/2016 4:58:00 PM

I love this palette. I like the mix of mattes and shimmers. The shadows themselves are soft, like Lorac shadows tend to be. They are buttery-smooth and uber-pigmented. These blend well and I don't get as much kick-up and fall-out with the mattes as I do with my Lorac Pro palette, which isn't my favorite. I love the color scheme of roses, pinks, gold, and burgundy. You basically can't go wrong with this little palette. These are simply gorgeous shadows.

on 1/20/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS PALETTE.
So much.

Yes - 2 of the matte shades are a bit powdery but the shimmery shades (not too sparkly/glittery) are blendable and lovely. Unbelievable and Untamed are terrific and I use them alot.

I hope this ($42 retail) palette will last me along time. I am a big Carol Shaw/Lorac follower and fan since 1999.

I approve!

on 1/6/2016 1:08:00 AM

I really like my Unzipped palette. LORAC isn't available in stores in my area so I had to buy this sight-unseen online. This was my first LORAC product and I'm very impressed with the quality. The shadows are soft and buttery, and blend extremely well. They do kick up a bit more product than other similar brands, but a gentle tap in the shadow with a quality brush is all that you need. Tap your brush off before applying to your eyes to avoid any fallout.

This palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. The mattes aren't chalky and don't "skip" when applied. The shimmer shades are always harder to describe.... no glitter, just a nice shimmer, almost metallic, but not cheap-looking, like so many metallics can end up looking.

I found these shadows to wear well with and without a primer. I didn't get any creasing or fading. The packaging is sturdy hard cardboard in a slim design that I like. I've owned this palette for about a year and a half and I'm still enjoying it. I am a bit of a palette junkie so I don't reach for this as often as I should, since I'm always buying new things, but I'd definitely buy this palette again if I ever lost it. I'd say this palette is similar to the UD Naked 3 (which I also own) and if I had to choose LORAC Unzipped or the UD Naked 3, I'd choose the Unzipped. Hope this review helps you decide if you should add it to your collection or not. XO

on 10/13/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought this palette with high hopes because i thought all the colors were really 'me' because i love pinks, mauves, purples and reds as i think it really brings out my hazel eyes. i find that the shadows are extremely easy to blend and very pigmented. however i also found there to be an extreme amount of fall out (even when i only tap my brush in once) on my face and in the pan. this is quite annoying if you do all your makeup before you do your eyes, so id make sure to be careful with that. another con that i found is when i blend the matte shadows together it kind of just looks really muddy. i never blend completely overtop of another shadow and always try to go below but it still comes out muddy looking. so for that reason i don't really like the shadows. also, they are all very pigmented apart from the far left bottom two which don't even come up even when you use fix + or your finger. however i love the sparkly shades in it and the white. i want to give it away but i don't want to part with those shadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my first High End palette. After lots of research and swatching I chose Lorac unzipped because the colors are suitable for everyday without being chalky or glitterbombs like urban decay. The colors in this are great but I do have a few issues. The icy pink and gold shades aren't the greatest without a glitter primer while the white one is amazing. The deep wine colors are a little disappointing. I would also like to address that if you aren't planning on wearing rose gold makeup looks all the time, there aren't many other looks to do with this palette so you may be spending too much. Regardless, I love it since it's warm and rosy. I still prefer this to any other rose gold eyeshadow palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palette is seriously beautiful for warm toned skin and every shade is wearable. I am a long time fan of LORAC, IMO their shadows can't be beat. I've had trouble with one of their LE CD colors being powdery, but when they do it right (which is 99% of the time) their shadows are extraordinarily good. I mean really pigmented, super buttery, long lasting, and absolutely no fall out. If you use them wet, they go on so opaque it's like you copy-pasted the pot color on to your face -- no joke.

LORAC discontinued one of my favorite eyeshadows that I have used since high school called Serenity. There is a dupe for it in this palette called Unbelievable. It is only slightly more saturated than Serenity, just a tiny bit of a darker pink. Unreal is a less pink and more gold version of Serenity, so you've got choices if you're jonesing.

If I had one criticism of this palette it would be that some of the colors are too similar. You can create some very multidimensional looks by layering all these colors together, but if you're a simple 3 shadow combo kind of girl you might not be impressed with the variety of looks you can make here. Unattainable and Uncensored, and Unreal and Unbelievable are the two pairs that are pretty similar. That said, I think there are some standouts too. One thing that makes LORAC colors unique, in my opinion, is their use of red in their undertone colors. Unbridled, for example, is an intense red-brown. UD Nooner is a similar brown but orange based. It's hard to capture on camera so definitely check them out in person if you get the chance.

Overall I think this palette is well worth it. I use it everyday despite an arsenal of shadows to choose from. It's just the most wearable and I know that I'll get my money's worth.

Edit: A lot of the popular palettes (LORAC Unzipped, UD Naked, Thebalm Nude'tude, etc.) are being faked and sold en mass on Amazon, Ebay, and possibly Overstock. I would not order any of these things online. Get them straight from Sephora or a department store.

on 5/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy this palette? It is just perfect for my coloring- really makes my eyes look so blue. I've bought several other palettes in the meantime that I don't love nearly as much, like Chocolate Bar and TF Boudoir Eyes. My only quibble would be a wish for a couple more matte shades. Just buy it, already!