LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been in love with this palette since I bought it about 6 months ago, and am still in love every time I use it. It is my favorite makeup purchase I've made in years and other manufacturers should take note when devising their eye palettes.

It is mostly shimmers with a few mattes, in shades of gold, peach, bronze, mocha, mauve, plum, and a gorgeous purple-tinged dark brown shimmer (a color I've been seeking out for years.)

All of the colors work beautifully together for a variety of looks, and the palette was very well-conceived in that it is complete - one never needs to go outside of the palette to pull a look together.

You can do a matte or shimmery nude, a bronzy glow, a smoky bronze, a plummy smoke, etc. All of the colors are very wearable (not a loser in the bunch) and flattering, and look particularly beautiful on my green-leaning grey eyes. (Often shades in these categories are overly red and make me look sickly or bruised.)

I have a million shades of gold, copper, bronze and brown, but the colors in this palette are notably unique and complex versions of these hues. What's more is that it lends itself to all seasons. I bought it to wear in the summer, but it's equally perfect for fall, winter and spring. I could not recommend this palette more highly. It makes me hesitant to buy others, and regret past purchases, as few eye palettes are this thoughtfully put together.

I should note that it came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer, which I've really come to like. It's creamy rather than drying (ala UDPP, TFSI, Stila) and my makeup stays put all day long.

on 12/27/2013 4:44:00 PM

At 1st I was undecided on whether to get this palette or the urban decay naked 3 palette. After swatching them both in the store I came to the conclusion that, the naked 3 palette was a little too frosty for my tastes and honestly I think the unzipped palette shades are kind of a more"grown up" way to do a nude eye without having to worry about all the glitter. when I 1st applied some of the shades to my eyes, I was a little nervous about the shades being a little too warm for my cool undertone but wow these colors make my green eyes pop! this was my 1st lorac purchase and I'm curious to try some of their other products.

on 4/25/2013 5:52:00 PM

This palette is great, I love the colours. I've created a lot of simple and beautiful looks, and I get compliments all the time about the colour of my shadow especially when using the rosy ones. The pigment is great, I love that there isn't any chunky glitter in the shimmer which is my complaint with the naked palette. Really a great palette, lorac is becoming one of my favourite shadow brands.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

I am done buying eyeshadow for awhile!!! This palette is amazing and I don't know why it took me so long to purchase. I love the PRO palette and this one is even better! The colors are like butter and blend easily. I've used it four times and there is no fallout- still looks brand new. The colors all work together and look great on me (NC15-20). I use a bit of the matte vanilla to blend everything, and my eyeshadow has never looked better!! I've always used the LORAC primer, but with this shadow, my eyes look EXACTLY the same at 7am and 7pm. Obviously, I'm in love!

on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a warm, slightly lighter than medium skin tone with yellow undertone, like most asians, and for the longest time I've been looking for a palette exactly like this one. I like to keep my style as natural as possible but flirty or romantic at the same time, and other make up palettes such as the Naked series from UD (including the 3rd one) never seemed to be "the" palette for me because they were too shimmery, frosty, or geared towards fitting other skin tones (cool, fair, etc.) Also, in the Naked palettes, there were too many colors that I wouldn't end up using.

But that is not the case for the Lorac Unzipped palette. Once I had found out and read more about the Lorac unzipped, I knew I had found the palette I've been looking for and had to have it immediately. I canceled my order of Naked 3 from UD, tried to wait another 3 days for shipping for my Lorac to come in, caved, and just drove 14 miles to a store to buy it. This palette is THAT beautiful. The colors are definitely warmer than the ones from Naked 3, the consistency is buttery and the colors are pigmented, and the combination of these colors can not be seen in any other palette. You have rose golds, warm bronze, light gold, brownish purple mauve, dark brown, basically, any color you would want to create a more natural, yet flattering look that accentuates your eyes. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to girls with similar skin tone and undertone.

The only con I can think of about this palette, is that a couple of the colors may look too similar to be distinguished from each other, but I still think they look different enough to go with their own specific looks.

on 5/16/2012 6:49:00 PM

I love this palette! It suits me much better than the Naked I palette which I also own. I like that there are an equal amount of matte and shimmer shades. My biggest complaint with Naked palettes is the lack of matte shades so I was glad that this palette has more. The colors lean more toward the pink/burgundy side than Naked and I love how well they blend. I always get compliments on my eyeshadow when I'm wearing this palette. I use the white shade almost every day on my brow bone no matter what kind of shadow I've got on. Pinky brown shades like these make my green eyes pop. I also like the eye shadow primer that came along with this palette much better than my old standby Urban Decay. It's creamier and seems to blend better. I'm going to buy in full size when I've used up all my other eye primers.

on 10/26/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product if you like a natural look and you're not very experienced with makeup. No matter what combo I've done they always look good (so it's pretty fool proof). It's very good quality (finely milled and very pigmented). I usually wear 1 or 2 colors at a time. The colors are more rose tinted (so great for if you want a warm eye look). Very happy with my purchase. This pallet is all I need in terms of eye makeup and will last me for a very long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

With a heavy heart, I must say that this palette was not worth the money. The warm, bronzy shades are gorgeous. I know people compare it to the UD Naked 3 but to be honest, the shades aren't "pinky" at all. I wouldn't go for this palette if you like an everyday smoky eye. My biggest complaint with these shadows are the shimmery ones which seem to be baked and hard to work with. Once on the lids, it's difficult to blend out which is why I can see people say some of the shades looks similar when applied. I find Lorac palettes to be overall inconsistent - just feel the shadows in the Pro palette and then compare it to the shadows in the Unzipped. Unfortunately, the beautiful colors in this palette did not translate on my eyes.

This palette is gorgeous. The shades inside are rosey/warm bronzey tones that just work together beautifully. There are so many neutral palettes out there but I feel like this one is just so unique. The shades have fantastic color payoff and I feel like you are getting a great deal! (10 large high end shadows for $4 each and that doesn't even include the primer that comes with it!) I have fallen in love with this palette and would definitely recommend you try it out!