LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

on 5/16/2012 6:49:00 PM

I love this palette! It suits me much better than the Naked I palette which I also own. I like that there are an equal amount of matte and shimmer shades. My biggest complaint with Naked palettes is the lack of matte shades so I was glad that this palette has more. The colors lean more toward the pink/burgundy side than Naked and I love how well they blend. I always get compliments on my eyeshadow when I'm wearing this palette. I use the white shade almost every day on my brow bone no matter what kind of shadow I've got on. Pinky brown shades like these make my green eyes pop. I also like the eye shadow primer that came along with this palette much better than my old standby Urban Decay. It's creamier and seems to blend better. I'm going to buy in full size when I've used up all my other eye primers.

on 7/1/2012 2:03:00 AM

MY FAV Palette!
These are very high quality shadows, very pigmented. The only two shades that I feel are similar (and ONLY in the sense that they are dark) are the right two top and bottom. I do feel like they are very different shades, just dark. I dont quite understand how anyone would say they all look similar. I would say it depends on the color of your skin. The lightest shade is a like a nude shimmer, usually colors like these are used as highlights, so I dont understand why someone would say you "cant see the color". I can see the color, my skintone is like a "nude, beige." Overall I absolutely love this palette. It could be that these are my fav shades to wear, plums and browns. I love that its not a super shimmery shimmer and the fact that they includes mattes. I usually choose this palette over my Naked2, but thats just personal preference.

I love this palette. I lusted after it for a month before finally buying it and I am glad I did, Sometimes when I am applying the shadows from this palette I am thinking to myself that these are not going to work( kinda redish on me) but when I am finished and have my eyeliner and mascara on and look in the mirror I have to admit that they are very beautiful and always end up looking amazing. They are soft and buttery and blend like a dream.
EDIT_ I also think a brush should have been included for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been in love with this palette since I bought it about 6 months ago, and am still in love every time I use it. It is my favorite makeup purchase I've made in years and other manufacturers should take note when devising their eye palettes.

It is mostly shimmers with a few mattes, in shades of gold, peach, bronze, mocha, mauve, plum, and a gorgeous purple-tinged dark brown shimmer (a color I've been seeking out for years.)

All of the colors work beautifully together for a variety of looks, and the palette was very well-conceived in that it is complete - one never needs to go outside of the palette to pull a look together.

You can do a matte or shimmery nude, a bronzy glow, a smoky bronze, a plummy smoke, etc. All of the colors are very wearable (not a loser in the bunch) and flattering, and look particularly beautiful on my green-leaning grey eyes. (Often shades in these categories are overly red and make me look sickly or bruised.)

I have a million shades of gold, copper, bronze and brown, but the colors in this palette are notably unique and complex versions of these hues. What's more is that it lends itself to all seasons. I bought it to wear in the summer, but it's equally perfect for fall, winter and spring. I could not recommend this palette more highly. It makes me hesitant to buy others, and regret past purchases, as few eye palettes are this thoughtfully put together.

I should note that it came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer, which I've really come to like. It's creamy rather than drying (ala UDPP, TFSI, Stila) and my makeup stays put all day long.

on 4/25/2013 5:52:00 PM

This palette is great, I love the colours. I've created a lot of simple and beautiful looks, and I get compliments all the time about the colour of my shadow especially when using the rosy ones. The pigment is great, I love that there isn't any chunky glitter in the shimmer which is my complaint with the naked palette. Really a great palette, lorac is becoming one of my favourite shadow brands.

I love this product! I have warm toned skin..reddish brown hair and green eyes...I can't pull off heavy eyeliner, or any eyeshadow other than neutral tones...this palette is perfect for me! I use it everyday and I think it's perfect for girls like me who like to go with the natural look...the colors blend easy and all the colors go well together.

on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a warm, slightly lighter than medium skin tone with yellow undertone, like most asians, and for the longest time I've been looking for a palette exactly like this one. I like to keep my style as natural as possible but flirty or romantic at the same time, and other make up palettes such as the Naked series from UD (including the 3rd one) never seemed to be "the" palette for me because they were too shimmery, frosty, or geared towards fitting other skin tones (cool, fair, etc.) Also, in the Naked palettes, there were too many colors that I wouldn't end up using.

But that is not the case for the Lorac Unzipped palette. Once I had found out and read more about the Lorac unzipped, I knew I had found the palette I've been looking for and had to have it immediately. I canceled my order of Naked 3 from UD, tried to wait another 3 days for shipping for my Lorac to come in, caved, and just drove 14 miles to a store to buy it. This palette is THAT beautiful. The colors are definitely warmer than the ones from Naked 3, the consistency is buttery and the colors are pigmented, and the combination of these colors can not be seen in any other palette. You have rose golds, warm bronze, light gold, brownish purple mauve, dark brown, basically, any color you would want to create a more natural, yet flattering look that accentuates your eyes. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to girls with similar skin tone and undertone.

The only con I can think of about this palette, is that a couple of the colors may look too similar to be distinguished from each other, but I still think they look different enough to go with their own specific looks.

on 12/19/2013 12:46:00 AM

There are practically no bad reviews anywhere on this palette, and that's because it's friggin awesome. The colors are beautiful pinkish/purpleish/neutral natural looking colors. There is a good mix of matte and shimmer shades. They go on smoothly and stay on forever with the Urban Decay primer I use. I tossed the idea of buying the Naked or Naked 2 palette for a while and hesitated because of the price, but when I saw this one I bought it without a second thought. Lorac eye shadows can't be beat as it is, and these colors are just beautiful.

on 12/27/2013 4:44:00 PM

At 1st I was undecided on whether to get this palette or the urban decay naked 3 palette. After swatching them both in the store I came to the conclusion that, the naked 3 palette was a little too frosty for my tastes and honestly I think the unzipped palette shades are kind of a more"grown up" way to do a nude eye without having to worry about all the glitter. when I 1st applied some of the shades to my eyes, I was a little nervous about the shades being a little too warm for my cool undertone but wow these colors make my green eyes pop! this was my 1st lorac purchase and I'm curious to try some of their other products.