LORAC Unzipped

on 1/20/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS PALETTE.
So much.

Yes - 2 of the matte shades are a bit powdery but the shimmery shades (not too sparkly/glittery) are blendable and lovely. Unbelievable and Untamed are terrific and I use them alot.

I hope this ($42 retail) palette will last me along time. I am a big Carol Shaw/Lorac follower and fan since 1999.

I approve!

on 10/8/2015 10:04:00 AM

This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette! The colors are beautiful. There is no color fall-out and the texture is buttery smooth. I love this palette so much better than Urban Decay Naked3. Too much sparkle/frost in Naked3. The shimmery shadows in this palette are gorgeous and I love the matte shades. Beautiful rose-gold shades that are perfect for Fall. You will not be disappointed in this palette.

on 7/30/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just for reference I am a NW20 with blue eyes. This palette is beautiful but does nothing for me. The colours just look muddy on me despite trying numerous different mixes. The only way I can use this palette is with other eyeshadows and only one from this. I so wanted to love this & when I open it I still go wow, but on the eyes it's a no.

Update: thanks to Nisha (SugarPuffandFluff) I have finally found a way to make this palette work for me and it is indeed a repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not know what in blue blazes held me back from trying this!! Oh wait, yes I do..I had tried the original Lorac Pro palette that came out sooo many years ago now and did not have luck with it, so I just never tried any more of their shadows. Insert sad face!!

But, on a whim recently I swatched their Altar Ego gloss (wonderful product!) and also their Porefection foundation (also another love!), and I had luck with and am enjoying those 2 products..so, I figured I would give this a whirl. Did I need another palette..? Probably not.

However..I fell in love with this..! The shades, the application the wear time, all just wonderful!! I do not even use a primer with these, and they apply like butter and last pretty much a full 12 hours. I get no creasing or shifting or wearing off unevenly, they just behave nicely and wear nicely!

Lorac it seems can be hit and miss for me, but this one is definitely a hit!!
Would re-purchase and would recommend.

Last note, I am sure many women can and do take this on vacations and getaways. The colors are so versatile and many go with pretty much anything, and can easily go from daytime looks to nighttime looks with this palette. I am pretty certain almost all skin tones can wear these shades. For reference, I am NC20 in Mac, but again, I think these shades would work for many skin tones.

on 5/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy this palette? It is just perfect for my coloring- really makes my eyes look so blue. I've bought several other palettes in the meantime that I don't love nearly as much, like Chocolate Bar and TF Boudoir Eyes. My only quibble would be a wish for a couple more matte shades. Just buy it, already!

on 1/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

on 12/24/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Me:NW45ish.
Just. freakin'. gorgeous. As usual LORAC quality and blendibility is on point. I actually plan my OOTD around this palette. What is there to say that hasn't already been said. OH! I did buy the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette and while I do enjoy it, LORAC knocked it outta the park. Are there Revealed 2 shade dupes, yep, but IMHO Lorac has that something extra that took it to the next level. Even though I got this with 20% off, I would not hesitate to re-purchase at full price.

on 11/4/2014 10:18:00 AM

Best palette ever, IME. I've had 2 of the Naked palettes, Lorac Pro, multiple MAC shadows (which I like), but this is perfection. All the colors work well on my coloring and make me green eyes stand out. The shimmer is sophisticated. These wear all day on me with primers, whereas the pro palette and UD palettes have not. The primer is nice. I marked that I would buy again but have never used up a palette.

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far my favorite Lorac palette. The colors are beautiful and so creamy and pigmented. A while back I purchaed the Urban Decay naked 3 palette and hated it so much I gave it away. For me the colors in this palette were much kinder to mature fair skin tones. I found the colors to be very blendable and easier to work with while being very comparable to naked 3.

on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever high end make up purchase. I am soooo in love with these eyeshadows! They are neutral but lean more toward a bronze/burgundy neutral than a brown neutral. These are warm neutrals- not cool neutrals, and all the shadows range from matte to very subtle shimmer to not so subtle shimmer. Mostly they are matte and very subtle shimmer, which was my main concern as I've found other palettes with gorgeous colors that were mostly too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Not only are the colors beautiful, the consistency of the shadows is heavenly. Very creamy and soft! I tried them out both with and without primer. They last much better with primer, but even without primer they still looked great through a 12 hour workshift! Without primer they did crease a tiny bit, but the color overall didn't fade at all! The only downside is the packaging. The palette container is made out of thick cardboard. Although the design on it is cute, the package itself seems cheap and flimsy. I don't really care about that but if you are someone who puts a lot of importance on packaging aesthetics then you may be dissappointed. After wearing these I don't beleive I'll ever be truly happy with drugstore eyeshadow again....will have to save up to feed my high end eyeshadow addiction lol.