LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.7

on 3/3/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow palette. The colors are so beautiful on any skin tone. Great pigment and blend ability. Slight fall out but as long as you tap your eyeshadow brush before you apply to your eyelid to get the fallout off your brush first then you won't get any fallout on your skin after. It will wear all day long. I love Lorac.

on 1/6/2016 1:08:00 AM

I really like my Unzipped palette. LORAC isn't available in stores in my area so I had to buy this sight-unseen online. This was my first LORAC product and I'm very impressed with the quality. The shadows are soft and buttery, and blend extremely well. They do kick up a bit more product than other similar brands, but a gentle tap in the shadow with a quality brush is all that you need. Tap your brush off before applying to your eyes to avoid any fallout.

This palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. The mattes aren't chalky and don't "skip" when applied. The shimmer shades are always harder to describe.... no glitter, just a nice shimmer, almost metallic, but not cheap-looking, like so many metallics can end up looking.

I found these shadows to wear well with and without a primer. I didn't get any creasing or fading. The packaging is sturdy hard cardboard in a slim design that I like. I've owned this palette for about a year and a half and I'm still enjoying it. I am a bit of a palette junkie so I don't reach for this as often as I should, since I'm always buying new things, but I'd definitely buy this palette again if I ever lost it. I'd say this palette is similar to the UD Naked 3 (which I also own) and if I had to choose LORAC Unzipped or the UD Naked 3, I'd choose the Unzipped. Hope this review helps you decide if you should add it to your collection or not. XO

on 12/22/2015 12:03:00 PM

This pallet is the most used pallet in my extensive collection. I rarely reach for my UD Naked pallets (1,2,3 and basic)since purchasing this pallet. I will continue to repurchase when needed.

Gorgeous colors, especially for blue eyes, and great quality shadows. They are super pigmented and blend well. My only problem with this palette is the metallic colors tend to make my aging lids look crepey. Despite that, I have hit pan on about 5 colors. There is a good ratio of shimmer and matte shadows and the packaging is slim and compact.

on 1/22/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

If you love neutrals, you can't go wrong with this palette. I really didn't "need" this palette since I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, but I can't help it, I have an addiction! :)

Colors are very saturated, so less is definately more. They're blendable and flattering on most complexions. If you're the type that doesn't really go for major color on the eyes, then this is for you. The only con is that I wish they had more mattes and less shimmer. Other than that I love it.

on 2/5/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I rarely gush about eye shadows but I adore this palette! I'm pretty flaky about shadows and bounce back and forth between lemmings but this is the one I reach for the most, with UD Naked 2 and Naked 3 right behind it.

Pros:
Simple, light weight packaging. I don't mind the cardboard or that it doesn't come with its own brush.
Undiscovered, Unattainable and Uncensored are all PANNED! My go-to look!

Cons:
At $40, it's a bit pricey for 10 shadows in a cardboard box, but considering the results and the frequency of use I feel that I've gotten my money's worth. I would buy again.

I am done buying eyeshadow for awhile!!! This palette is amazing and I don't know why it took me so long to purchase. I love the PRO palette and this one is even better! The colors are like butter and blend easily. I've used it four times and there is no fallout- still looks brand new. The colors all work together and look great on me (NC15-20). I use a bit of the matte vanilla to blend everything, and my eyeshadow has never looked better!! I've always used the LORAC primer, but with this shadow, my eyes look EXACTLY the same at 7am and 7pm. Obviously, I'm in love!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought 2 of these palettes just in case it ever got discontinued. Yup, I'm that crazy. It's out of stock everywhere and you can imagine why. This palette is truly remarkable. It's easy to blend and to create a natural look or if you're looking for something with a bit more edge, you can definitely create a night out on town look as well. This palette pulls more warm than cool. So if you're looking for a neutral/gold/warm eyeshadows than this palette is for you. I know that when I buy palettes, there are ALWAYS 2 or 3 shades that I never wear and use...BUT NOT THIS PALETTE. You will use every single shade in this palette, I guarantee it!!! This is my go to palette and I really don't think that'll ever change. DEFINITELY my HOLY GRAIL palette.

on 11/24/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very pleased with this palette. I love the colors of the UD Naked
Palettes, but they are way too shimmery for this 40 year old! Unzipped is a much better fit for me. All of the shades are flattering with my light skin and blue eyes. They are long lasting, blend well and IMO well pigmented - not so much that you need to use a light hand, instead you can build it to the perfect level for you. I think this palette would be flattering for most skin tones except for very dark skin.

My only complaint is the price tag - $40 seems a bit steep, but buying each color individually would cost much, much more. However , if I lose this palette or when I hit pan, I will definitely replace it! Good luck!

Update 12/13/13 - I am loving this palette! I constantly try new color combinations and love them. This is my favorite make up purchase in the last few months.

on 1/20/2013 10:06:00 PM

This was my first Lorca purchase and I have been so so pleased. The colors work perfectly for daily wear.