LORAC Unzipped

4.6

on 11/23/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I noticed that there were no reviews from dark women on this gem of a palette- let me be the first brownie to say that this is an AWESOME palette! The colors are very pigmented and look really beautiful against brown skin. Because you have matte colors within the palette, you can get a complete look out of this palette- all you need to add is liner and mascara. : ) I used UDPP and the colors stayed on all day until I washed it off that night.

The packaging is sleek and would be perfect to throw in a bag while you're on the go.

I haven't tried the primer, so no comment on that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this palette. I am a golden deep/dark complexion (NW 47). I was looking for a neutral palette with good pigmentation. I was going to get the UD-Naked 2 palette but I didn't want all shimmer colors. This palette has a combination of matte and shimmer colors. There are 10 colors all together; 4 are matte, 6 are shimmers, all are beautifully pigmented colors. The palette has pink, mauve, beige, gold, tan and browns. Plus, the colors are larger pots of color then the Naked 2 so I'm thinking its going to last a while. I researched so many different neutral palettes i.e. Bobbi Brown- rich chocolate, Urban Decay- Naked 2, NYX- neutral platte, physicians palette and more. They were either too much shimmer or not pigmented enough. If you are looking for a pigmented, neutral palate, with a mixture of mattes AND shimmers; THIS IS IT!

Another win from LORAC if you ask me. I love this and the Pro Palette and enjoy using them as much as possible. I have to give my opinion on this verse Naked3 since I own both. In my opinion they are 2 completely different palettes. Naked 3 most definitely pulls more cool. Whereas, Unzipped pulls warmer or much warmer than N3 that's for sure, so to me I can't compare them. I use them both and love them both and will not choose sides as I luv all makeup! :P
Now onto this lovely palette.:) You get 10 shades which are much bigger than Pro though it's around the same price. So, product wise with Unzipped you get more product than the Pro. It has 4 matte shades and 6 satins or semi shimmery I would say.

I am very cool toned and have no problem working with these neutrals. Dupe alert Unconditional is almost the exact same as Nooner. It's interesting Mauve from the pro and this one all are very similar to Nooner or vise versa. So for me it's great because Unconditional is my favorite crease colour. Unbelievable and Unreal are both very similar as well, with Unbelievable having a more pinkish copper undertone. While Unreal has a more light pink with a touch of gold undertone. Both are gorgeous and 2 of my favorite shades in the palette.

I love Unspoken when I am doing a cut crease it is so buttery and mixes so well with Unconditional and Unspoken. All the shadows are very soft, buttery, pigmented, and are super easy to blend. I really love this palette and love how I can do almost any look with it. From daytime to night this palette is so versatile. I find the primer that comes with it also works very well and I like it. I just wish the packaging was sturdier but I love the slimness and ease of travel with this. To me if you love neutrals it's a must have. If you collect palettes then this is for you. Also if you want a bunch of shadows that work super well together this bad boy does that too. Love! Totally Recommended!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love. This. Palette. I love rose gold so this neutral palette really caught my eye because most of the shades have a rosy hue to them. I originally purchased UD Naked 2 because I wanted a different neutral look but I realized quickly that the shades in Naked 2 were making me look washed out and tired. The cool taupes and browns in Naked 2 didn't work well with my medium olive skin and dark circles. So, I exchanged Naked 2 for Lorac Unzipped and I'm much happier. In this palette, you get mostly shimmery shades but also 4 matte shades. I have to say, I love all of the shades in the palette. I even love the matte shades which normally I don't typically care for. The quality of this palette is A+. All shades in this palette are smooth, soft to the touch and pigmented. Along with this palette, you get a mini behind the scenes primer which is also a great quality primer. To compare to my UD Naked 1, there are some similar shades but the overall tones in the two palettes are very different. Naked 1 has a yellow gold theme that runs in all of the shades and the Unzipped palette all have a rose gold tone in all the shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palette is seriously beautiful for warm toned skin and every shade is wearable. I am a long time fan of LORAC, IMO their shadows can't be beat. I've had trouble with one of their LE CD colors being powdery, but when they do it right (which is 99% of the time) their shadows are extraordinarily good. I mean really pigmented, super buttery, long lasting, and absolutely no fall out. If you use them wet, they go on so opaque it's like you copy-pasted the pot color on to your face -- no joke.

LORAC discontinued one of my favorite eyeshadows that I have used since high school called Serenity. There is a dupe for it in this palette called Unbelievable. It is only slightly more saturated than Serenity, just a tiny bit of a darker pink. Unreal is a less pink and more gold version of Serenity, so you've got choices if you're jonesing.

If I had one criticism of this palette it would be that some of the colors are too similar. You can create some very multidimensional looks by layering all these colors together, but if you're a simple 3 shadow combo kind of girl you might not be impressed with the variety of looks you can make here. Unattainable and Uncensored, and Unreal and Unbelievable are the two pairs that are pretty similar. That said, I think there are some standouts too. One thing that makes LORAC colors unique, in my opinion, is their use of red in their undertone colors. Unbridled, for example, is an intense red-brown. UD Nooner is a similar brown but orange based. It's hard to capture on camera so definitely check them out in person if you get the chance.

Overall I think this palette is well worth it. I use it everyday despite an arsenal of shadows to choose from. It's just the most wearable and I know that I'll get my money's worth.

Edit: A lot of the popular palettes (LORAC Unzipped, UD Naked, Thebalm Nude'tude, etc.) are being faked and sold en mass on Amazon, Ebay, and possibly Overstock. I would not order any of these things online. Get them straight from Sephora or a department store.

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great buy for us NEUTRAL lovers!

Pigmented creamy and staying power is excellent!

Hands down the absolute best palette I own and I own A LOT. I find myself reaching for it every day even when I decide I'm going to try a new palette. I just end up using it after all. The colors are absolutely beautiful as you can see if you look at swatches. But Im telling you the swatches are NOT as beautiful as the shades are in person. The pigmentation is amazing, buttery, soft. They blend like a dream. The shades will kick up some powder but that's because they are so incredibly soft. I would also recommend patting the color on instead of sweeping across the lid. The only con I can think of is they will kick up so just press really soft or pat. Lorac is on top of their game with this palette :)

on 2/1/2014 8:30:00 PM

I love this eye palette! All the colors work great with my very fair neutral skin tone. Even though is has less color choices, I prefer this to the pro palette. There is no comparing this to the naked 3 palette, they r just not the same. I own both the N3 and Unzipped and I would grab this over the N3 every time! The colors just suit me better. Get this palette!

Popular Palettes