LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I had heard that Lorac had great eyeshadows, but having Aaready bought my beloved Tartelette in Bloom I decided that I had enough pinks. Later I decided that I did indeed want more pink. I am a huge fan of the Naked palettes and I bought Naked3. Big mistake. I have 1 and 2 and don't think there are any complete duds like there are in 3.

This led me to revisiting the Lorac Unzipped. I LOVE IT! The mattes at amazing and I think the shimmers are better than Urban Decay's. Beautiful pigment and color scheme. This palette made it a lot easier to work with my medium tan skin and actually have the colors show up well without a lot of work. I am very impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. I would love to have more Lorac eyeshadows, but frankly, this is the only palette with a color scheme that I found attractive. The Unzipped Gold is gorgeous, but I already have way too many gold shadows.

I am so glad I didn't settle for the Naked3 for my pink fix!

Hands down the absolute best palette I own and I own A LOT. I find myself reaching for it every day even when I decide I'm going to try a new palette. I just end up using it after all. The colors are absolutely beautiful as you can see if you look at swatches. But Im telling you the swatches are NOT as beautiful as the shades are in person. The pigmentation is amazing, buttery, soft. They blend like a dream. The shades will kick up some powder but that's because they are so incredibly soft. I would also recommend patting the color on instead of sweeping across the lid. The only con I can think of is they will kick up so just press really soft or pat. Lorac is on top of their game with this palette :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this! My fiancé got this for my birthday just recently and I love how pigmented and beautiful the colors are! BUT beware, there's a lot of fall outs. All in all, I may invest in the gold unzipped too!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a gift and I'm really disappointed. Bad pigmentation, goes on blotchy, and wears really poorly. Feels like a drug store product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palette is seriously beautiful for warm toned skin and every shade is wearable. I am a long time fan of LORAC, IMO their shadows can't be beat. I've had trouble with one of their LE CD colors being powdery, but when they do it right (which is 99% of the time) their shadows are extraordinarily good. I mean really pigmented, super buttery, long lasting, and absolutely no fall out. If you use them wet, they go on so opaque it's like you copy-pasted the pot color on to your face -- no joke.

LORAC discontinued one of my favorite eyeshadows that I have used since high school called Serenity. There is a dupe for it in this palette called Unbelievable. It is only slightly more saturated than Serenity, just a tiny bit of a darker pink. Unreal is a less pink and more gold version of Serenity, so you've got choices if you're jonesing.

If I had one criticism of this palette it would be that some of the colors are too similar. You can create some very multidimensional looks by layering all these colors together, but if you're a simple 3 shadow combo kind of girl you might not be impressed with the variety of looks you can make here. Unattainable and Uncensored, and Unreal and Unbelievable are the two pairs that are pretty similar. That said, I think there are some standouts too. One thing that makes LORAC colors unique, in my opinion, is their use of red in their undertone colors. Unbridled, for example, is an intense red-brown. UD Nooner is a similar brown but orange based. It's hard to capture on camera so definitely check them out in person if you get the chance.

Overall I think this palette is well worth it. I use it everyday despite an arsenal of shadows to choose from. It's just the most wearable and I know that I'll get my money's worth.

Edit: A lot of the popular palettes (LORAC Unzipped, UD Naked, Thebalm Nude'tude, etc.) are being faked and sold en mass on Amazon, Ebay, and possibly Overstock. I would not order any of these things online. Get them straight from Sephora or a department store.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. It is more rose colored than it appears in pictures. My only complaint is there aren't enough mattes. The colors are smooth, no fall out, blend very well. Highly pigmented, a little gets the look you're going for.
I always get compliments on my eye makeup when I use this palette.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is what I bought instead of the Naked 3 palette and I really love all the shades in this palette....espescially the gorgeous mattes. The champagne gold is soooo beautiful. Its like a lighter version of UD half baked. All of the shades here blend really well but the reason it doesn't get five is because it can sometimes take a few swipes to pick up some of the shimmery colors. They're kinda packed into the pan. But overall, wonderful palette.

I was taught long ago that with my brown eyes and hair, and blindingly white skin, warm purples are actually a really good idea. (I got a 5 minute makeover from her that taught me more than I'd picked up in the next 10 years.)

This is no exception. Highly pigmented, rich, smooth colors, even the glitter shades.

It's gorgeous and I adore it.

(It also comes with a sample of LORAC's eyeshadow primer, which seems to work incredibly well.)

on 7/30/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this palette and everything about it. The colors are so versatile for my ski tone. Perfect for day time and evening looks. At first when I received it (gift) I kind of had no idea how to blend these colors together, so I watched a few YouTube tutorials which were so helpful! When I went to work the next day one of the girls really like how pretty it was. This has to be one of my all time favorites and will continue to purchase over and over.

on 7/15/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best palette I've ever owned. If I don't know what look I'm going for, I grab this and it works for both daytime and nighttime, as well as simple to dramatic. This is way better than the highly raved about Naked palette from UB in my opinion. The unzipped palette also photographs very well in comparison to the Naked palette. Lorac is slowly starting become one of my favorite high-end brands.