LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 4/20/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Neautiful color. I find myself reaching for this almost everyday. Go on nice stays on with no creasing.

on 12/5/2016 4:58:00 PM

I love this palette. I like the mix of mattes and shimmers. The shadows themselves are soft, like Lorac shadows tend to be. They are buttery-smooth and uber-pigmented. These blend well and I don't get as much kick-up and fall-out with the mattes as I do with my Lorac Pro palette, which isn't my favorite. I love the color scheme of roses, pinks, gold, and burgundy. You basically can't go wrong with this little palette. These are simply gorgeous shadows.

on 11/16/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the quality and ease of Lorac shadows and the Unzipped Gold convinced me to buy this. I will say the shades in this palette suit my light, olive skin better than Unzipped Gold. On the other hand, I wish the shades were more varied in this palette. On the eye, some of the lighter shades look the same for me. The pigmentation and blending is great with this palette. With primer, the shadows last all day and I like to combine them with cream shadows to get even longer payoff. Overall, these are great everyday shades that I think would look fabulous on warm skin tones.

on 9/18/2016 3:00:00 AM

I love this palette! This is my 4th palette from Lorac and I should say this is my new favourite.

Pros:
1. The quality of the shadows is consistent with Lorac shadows. This comes on top of the list for my Lorac palettes. Close second is my Lorac Pro (first palette), then my Lorac Pro To Go and lastly my Lorac Pro Metals.
2. The shadows are buttery and soft.
3. They are all very pigmented. I have always considered Lorac shimmer shadows as pressed pigments because they are as pigmented and concentrated as shadow pigments.
4. The packaging is sleek. It comes in a thin cardboard with a sizeable mirror on the underside. It is great for travel as it does not take up too much space.
5. The pans in this palette are slightly bigger than those in Lorac Pro palettes.
6. I love the colours on this palette more than the Unzipped Gold. Dare I say, the rosy gold tones in this palette is even better than the Urban Decay Naked 3.
7. This is not limited edition so don't worry about running out of stocks.
8. This is definitely a must have and a worthy palette in every makeup lover's collection!

Cons:
1. Some shadows tend to kick up upon dipping the brush but that's only because of how soft the shadows are.
2. These are priced almost the same as the Pro palettes for lesser number of shades. Original Pro palettes come in 16 shades while this palette only has 10. But since the pans are bigger, the actual amount you're getting is actually almost the same. Still, this is a bit pricey.
3. Like any Lorac shadows, an base or primer for your lids is ideal to keep the shadows in place especially when you have oily lids. Pat on the shadows instead of brushing them on your lids for minimal fall out.
4. Tap off your brush after dipping in the shadows if you don't want to risk getting fall outs especially when you have done your face makeup prior to putting on your eyeshadow.

I want to love this palette, but I can't make this formula work for me yet. The shadows are very soft and powdery, so I tend to over apply them trying to build up the intensity of the colors, and when I blend them it's a huge muddy mess. I probably just need to use little product and be careful not to over blend.
Overall, I love every single shade, but I would recommend the Naked 3 palette over this one. These colors are beautiful, but there's not a ton of variety. The Naked 3 palette has some very interesting plummy neutrals, so I think it's more versatile. Besides, if you're a heavy handed beast like me, you'll have a hard time working with this formula.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear eye shadow often, but when I do, I always use this palette. It has so many wearable colors, and the quality is excellent. The lightest color in the palette also makes a great highlighter on the brow bone.

on 9/8/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An amazing palette full of buttery, creamy rosey tones. Every single shade is so pigmented! Definitely in my top favorite palettes now (the others being Unzipped Gold, Chocolate Bar, and Kat Von D Shade & Light)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- color selection
- pigmentation
- easy to blend
- no fallout

CONS

- not enough mattes

COMMENTS: I chose this over the Naked 3 palette and I'm so glad I did. It's such a lovely neutral palette. I find the colors pigmented and easy to blend. I wish there were more mattes, but overall it's still a very nice palette as I know I'll get use out of every color.

Will repurchase.

Wonderful palette. Especially for brown eyes. The wine colors compliment and bring out the bit of green in my eyes. Lorac is known for their creamy, smooth, and very pigmented colors. I also love how big the pans are large. This will be lasting a while and I am enjoying it. a wonderful addition to my growing palette collection. :)

on 6/9/2014 10:17:00 PM

This is hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette. The colours are just gorgeous with just the right mix of mattes and shimmers. It has a nice range of rose golds, browns mixed with burgundy and purple. The quality is fantastic and is less powdery than the lorac pro palette. I also like the fact that these pans are much larger than my pro palette and so I won't be running out soon.

The palette is nice and slim, and doesn't waste much space. It has a magnetic snap to close which feels very secure. It is so nice and compact, and fits nicely into my handbag for travel. This is the first palette that i've wanted to buy backups for because it is just so beautiful.