LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 11/25/2013 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This one to me is just overall much better than the Naked 3.
Don't shoot me.

There is much less shimmer, a never variety of burgundy and rosey shades and it is sleek.
The shades are SUPER useful in the winter time! I just love these shades and the creaminess and blendability!! I can'tsay it enough. The nakes are cute too!! Begin with "un" on every one of them

This has been my recent obsession lately.
The shadows are buttery and pigmented. Very blend able and I think they would work on just about every skin tone. Maybe not deep tones but I'm unsure.

Overall a great buy!!

on 12/27/2013 4:44:00 PM

At 1st I was undecided on whether to get this palette or the urban decay naked 3 palette. After swatching them both in the store I came to the conclusion that, the naked 3 palette was a little too frosty for my tastes and honestly I think the unzipped palette shades are kind of a more"grown up" way to do a nude eye without having to worry about all the glitter. when I 1st applied some of the shades to my eyes, I was a little nervous about the shades being a little too warm for my cool undertone but wow these colors make my green eyes pop! this was my 1st lorac purchase and I'm curious to try some of their other products.

on 4/25/2013 5:52:00 PM

This palette is great, I love the colours. I've created a lot of simple and beautiful looks, and I get compliments all the time about the colour of my shadow especially when using the rosy ones. The pigment is great, I love that there isn't any chunky glitter in the shimmer which is my complaint with the naked palette. Really a great palette, lorac is becoming one of my favourite shadow brands.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is easily my favorite/most used palette that I own! And I own a drawer full of palettes from Sephora/Ulta lol. I love love love the light golden color in the bottom left row - it is the most gorgeous shade for highlighting your inner tear duct. I use it no matter what eyeshadow look I'm doing whether it be a natural eye or a smokey eye. It reminds me of a frostier more pigmented shade of MAC's "Nylon" which still remains my favorite but I've been using the color in this palette much more lately. All of these colors are very VERY pigmented and very buttery. When I swatched them in Ulta I was amazed at the quality and how much color you get with only one swipe. I find the trick with some of these colors is to actually pack the initial layer on with your finger because it's much more dense and way better color payoff. These are all very beautiful colors and very unique in terms of nudes in my opinion. I really love the matte pinky beige color - I use it all over my lid on days I don't want to do my eyeshadow and I'm just doing a cat eye. It really helps even out my eye lid and prevents the transfer of the eyeliner onto my lid. Overall FIVE LIPPIES cuz it's the bomb.

Worth. Every. Penny.
I use this palette more than any of my other eyeshadows now. It is so easy to create looks with Unzipped, and they always come out gorgeous. And every shade is wearable! The shadows go on buttery smooth and last all day.

I am very pale, blonde, blue eyes and my mom is olive-toned, brown eyes, with chestnut hair. I used this palette on both of us for her wedding day and the pictures came out great. She looked so freaking gorgeous in these colours it wasn't even funny, I was even a bit jealous. So keep in mind, if you're going to be a bride, this palette is an excellent choice! :)

Unreal is my most favourite colour in the palette and I think one of the best eyeshadow colours I've ever seen. It's a truly unique metallic pinky-peach that just totally wakes up your eyes, and it works both as a highlighter and a lid colour. If I had to pick a least favourite shade it would be the white one, Undercover, because it is quite "stark" on its own and when I wear it as a browbone highlight I always need another highlighter to amp it up a little bit. However, its starkness is a blessing in another way- this matte white is the perfect inner corner highlighter that you can barely see but just brightens up your eyes without any glitter. I find when I use a glittery shadow in the inner corner, it always wanders underneath my eye a bit and the sparkles end up emphasizing the little lines we all have under our eyes. Not so with Undercover. Use this shade in your inner corner and nowhere else and it makes a HUGE difference.

There's lots of videos on Youtube showing you how to use Unzipped, so I recommend checking them out to get started, but I will leave you with one look that is quick and easy that I use a lot. Unreal all over the lid, lashes to brow, Unbridled on the outer half of the lid, blend well. Brown, black, or plum eyeliner as you see fit. It's that easy. If you want to deepen it a bit more throw a little Unconditional in the crease and Untamed on the outer V. Simple and gorgeous.

Definite buy again. This set is great value (and I scored mine for cheap in an Ebay auction, which is even better!). I'll write a separate review about the primer, but it is a GREAT bonus. I am glad that it came with the palette so that I was able to discover this primer; it's a true under-rated gem. Of course the shades in Unzipped work great with this colourless primer, but UDPP in Sin is another good choice with these shadows as the colours complement each other well.

I'll stop raving now. Stop balking at the price and go buy it! :)

on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a warm, slightly lighter than medium skin tone with yellow undertone, like most asians, and for the longest time I've been looking for a palette exactly like this one. I like to keep my style as natural as possible but flirty or romantic at the same time, and other make up palettes such as the Naked series from UD (including the 3rd one) never seemed to be "the" palette for me because they were too shimmery, frosty, or geared towards fitting other skin tones (cool, fair, etc.) Also, in the Naked palettes, there were too many colors that I wouldn't end up using.

But that is not the case for the Lorac Unzipped palette. Once I had found out and read more about the Lorac unzipped, I knew I had found the palette I've been looking for and had to have it immediately. I canceled my order of Naked 3 from UD, tried to wait another 3 days for shipping for my Lorac to come in, caved, and just drove 14 miles to a store to buy it. This palette is THAT beautiful. The colors are definitely warmer than the ones from Naked 3, the consistency is buttery and the colors are pigmented, and the combination of these colors can not be seen in any other palette. You have rose golds, warm bronze, light gold, brownish purple mauve, dark brown, basically, any color you would want to create a more natural, yet flattering look that accentuates your eyes. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to girls with similar skin tone and undertone.

The only con I can think of about this palette, is that a couple of the colors may look too similar to be distinguished from each other, but I still think they look different enough to go with their own specific looks.

on 1/11/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the colors in this palette, but as far as the quality of the shadows, they're just okay. Personally, I love the buttery smooth shadows in the Pro palettes, and these just aren't the same. You have to work a little more to build up the shadow intensity. The shadows feel much harder in the pans. I just don't find myself reaching for this palette because I don't enjoy using the eyeshadows as much as I wish I did. They're not awful, just not what I expected from Lorac.

on 10/26/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product if you like a natural look and you're not very experienced with makeup. No matter what combo I've done they always look good (so it's pretty fool proof). It's very good quality (finely milled and very pigmented). I usually wear 1 or 2 colors at a time. The colors are more rose tinted (so great for if you want a warm eye look). Very happy with my purchase. This pallet is all I need in terms of eye makeup and will last me for a very long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

With a heavy heart, I must say that this palette was not worth the money. The warm, bronzy shades are gorgeous. I know people compare it to the UD Naked 3 but to be honest, the shades aren't "pinky" at all. I wouldn't go for this palette if you like an everyday smoky eye. My biggest complaint with these shadows are the shimmery ones which seem to be baked and hard to work with. Once on the lids, it's difficult to blend out which is why I can see people say some of the shades looks similar when applied. I find Lorac palettes to be overall inconsistent - just feel the shadows in the Pro palette and then compare it to the shadows in the Unzipped. Unfortunately, the beautiful colors in this palette did not translate on my eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is super difficult because i absolutely LOVE these colors in the pan!! I am super crazy about taupes and pinky browns, and this palette has those colors down perfect.

HOWEVER, the cons are:
- that the colors do not look the same on the lid as they do in the pan.
-The dark colors which you would expect to go in the crease are not dark at all on the lid, and can't really be used in the crease since they just blend into the lid color. So deceiving!!
-The colors all look the same when they're on your lid.
-SUPER SUPER disappointingly unpigmented.

Pros:
The colors in the pan are gorgeous and perfect looking. It is such a shame that it isnt pigmented.

Popular Palettes