Tom Ford African Violet

2.3

on 12/28/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really have a thing for pink-purple cremes, which is why I splurged on this polish. The color in the bottle is gorgeous and vibrant, but unfortunately it looks a bit dull and less purple on my nails- kind of like any other magenta pink creme out there. The formula was quite thin, almost watery; it definitely needs two (possibly three?) coats for richer color. African Violet left me underwhelmed, especially when Zoya Audrina is a similar (but much more vibrant) color at a fraction of the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the other commentator - love the lipsticks and makeup, but the polishes really disappoint. They dry dull, they all do it seems - all the colors anyway. Perhaps the nudes are better. Even the new coppers dry a different color than in the bottle. BIG disappointment. He needs to find a better formula.

I had high hopes for Tom Fords new beauty line since I have been in love with one of his lipsticks (pure pink) forever. I wore it for my wedding.

This nail polish was a huge disappointment. I was expecting a stunning color and what I got was a boring pale purple that looks like Revlon. Not worth $30. I wonder if the other colors were better. I was supper bummed about this.

Popular Polishes