Nature Republic Ice Jelly Primer SPF28

Nature Republic Ice Jelly Primer SPF28
Ice Jelly Primer SPF28Ice Jelly Primer SPF28Ice Jelly Primer SPF28Ice Jelly Primer SPF28Ice Jelly Primer SPF28

1 review

This is a great product it comes in four colors/scents/types
These moisturize and brighten the skin and come in a unique new jelly formula that I've never seen before
The variants are Purple (blueberry, colour correcting)
Yellow (lemon, sebum-control) Green (melon, hydrating) Pink (cherry, moisturizing)

Looks like pudding and isn't like any other primer you've ever seen right? It seems to have a shiny surface while most primers are just cream or gel and never form any shape on their own.

The strange thing is, when you create an indentation in the surface of the product, it eventually 'mends' itself back! I was quite intrigued by this effect and used a spatula to mush it to pieces, but the next morning it went back to being a perfectly flat surface. Very peculiar! I suppose the jelly texture lends itself to this, and according to my friend in Japan, such formula are being used in an increasing number of products there.

The consistency is not as smooth as I'd want my primers to be, I believe it is creamier to the touch and almost jelly like. While not as velvety as smashbox photofinish and the L'oreal base but it does provide a good base for makeup.

PROS:
- Makes makeup last.
- Has high SPF and PA++. Perfect for summer!
- This can be worn alone as a sunscreen if you're lazy like I am. :P
- The cherry scent is so yummy!
- A little product goes a long way.
- Affordable. I believe I got mine for only around $7 .
- Gives a brightening effect.
- Did not break me out.

CONS:
- Not locally available - can be only bought online in most countries.
- Not for germ-phobic persons as the primer is in a jar/tub.
- May accentuate fine lines and dry patches.

NEUTRAL:
- Somewhat helps conceal pores but I think the effect is only minimal as I've seen other primers do a better job.
- According to the test I conducted - this is waterproof. :P This means I have put tons of product on my arm and put it under running water and the product stayed on. It may be a bit hard to remove so use a good makeup remover.

The texture is like butter. smooth and creamy. It's like a suncreen but it smells better. This also has an spf of 28 so thats a plus :) it's also meant to make your face fairer before BB cream. I think it makes your skin more radiant and it looks great under foundation and BB cream. So don't worry it won't make you super white. it's also hydrating and is not oily. it's also not sticky at all !