3.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

10 months ago

This is a review for the new tube style packing. Its very runny and the nozzle is wide so it gushes out. This is a good cleanser for sensitive types that want no foam. Its very slimy feeling and very gentle. I read on a blog once that it is easily dupable as a mix of cetaphil and white clay, I would have to say its spot on. There is no fragrance and it feels no thrills. I would not repurchase since its grossly over priced and easily recreated with same ingredients for much cheaper. I would recommend you try before purchasing.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

a year ago

Basic question for any cleanser-does it leave my face clean? Absolutely, it does. Would I use it this type of cleanser to remove make-up? No. Therein lies the perplexity of a very expensive cleaning product for my face. This is a specialty cleanser to use either in the morning alone in the shower or after I've already used another product to initially remove the day's make-up. Oh the steps we go through to maintain our skin! I used it almost daily in the morning having a 1 ounce tube that lasted at least a good month, so if you're looking at a 5 ounce tube costing $35 at the infamous cosmetics store that should last you about 1/2 a year, not bad on the wallet if it fares well for your skin. However, I do think there are lesser priced products that can do the same job. As to living up to its claims of perfecting your pores, removing oil and impurities and minimizing pore size, does it do the job? I don't have a problem with pore size, so I can't comment on that issue, nor do I have oily skin any longer. This cleanser does remove what I have on my skin overnight to a squeaky-clean finish without drying it. What I did find interesting is that it seemed to smooth my skin and create an even palette for my morning routine. Not that it erased any wrinkles or fine lines, it just seemed to slightly minimize or plump them, if that's possible. I used it during both warm and cold temperatures and found it works well for my dry skin, leaving it feeling moisturized and not dry regardless of the humidity. That's a plus not having to switch a product because of the outdoor weather. Two cons to this cleanser for me. The smell is atrocious. I literally had to hold my breath while using it, it's that bad. I'm not asking for a perfumed product, but I'm also not asking for a product that smells so horrible I gag. I would also prefer a pump style rather than a tube because of the product's texture. It's easy to lose excess while pouring it out because it's runny. At the cost of it, I'd rather not pour extra out and be able to monitor my usage. Would I purchase it again? No, simply because of the smell.

About reviewer (369 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

a year ago

Use this as a second cleanser after oil cleanser. Feels like it cleans deeply without stripping my kskin or making it feel tight. Use in the shower to remove oil cleanser. Love it.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBrown

EyesBrown

a year ago

Good cleanser but not suited for daily use. I think the inclusion of clays with a harsh surfactant and essential oils eventually does more harm than good. As a second cleanse, it was very good. I used 2 pumps and it removed everything and then some, leading to surface whiteheads. However, when it reaches peak performance, around 1 week of use in my case, my skin was definitely clearer and soft. The scent is okay and the bottle is nice. Overall, I could not warrant a repeat purchase.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

I purchased the kit that includes a trial size of this cleanser and Good Genes. I haven't used Good Genes yet but I have used all of this cleanser and I rather like it. It's creamy, doesn't irritate my skin and delivers on its promise because my skin feels firmer, smoother and brighter with zero breakouts. I'll probably buy another trial size option before shelling out the 50 bucks for the full size. This mini version lasted several weeks so it was worth the price.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

why do people pay so much for this horribly stinky cleanser that didn't impress me by actually sucking the dirt from my pores completely...and for the price that's what it should have done. I mean I pay a hundred dollars for certain serum and I'm not afraid to pay if I see it's worth it. I'm not sure what the cult following is about. the consistency was runny and felt it was wsteful and at that price, it should be thcker gel like so you don't lose any product. the smell is gross. I wouldn't subject myself to it at that price to "wash my face" unless it performed tricks too. my face disappointing enough didn't feel any more clean, look any more clean or seem in any way better for washing with this. I feel like sometimes things become a fad because of "you have to try this it's amazing" and the person that trys doesn't want to seem not current skincare trends so pretends to think it's more than it is and then tells the next person amd so on. I don't like this, i think it's a waste of money and I would love to see their profit margin on this cleaner

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

My skin does not particularly care for this, for some reason.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I used this religiously for quite a while and loved it. It evened out my skin tone and my skin was less oily, it definitely made my skin look more porcelain. I got used to the cleanser and started taking it for granted because it wasn't until I ran out and decided to try something new that I have started to see how much this cleanser benefited my skin. It is also gentle which is nice because my skin is not only oily but sensitive too. Used alongside a Once a Week exfoliating mask it is good at combating blocked pores. Would definitely recommend !

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I love this cleanser. It is one of the best deep cleansing treatments I have found. It thoroughly cleans the skin and exfoliates without causing irritation. I notice while using ever few days it helps to maintain a clearer and more even skin tone. I did noticed when I tried to use every day, my skin became slightly irritated. I also only using a small amount each time, because a little goes a long way with this one.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I found this cleanser to be pretty much perfect, which is annoying because it's SO expensive (the reason I docked a lippy). It left my skin feeling really clean and even-toned, and never tight or dry. No other cleanser that I've used since has been as effective, but I'm going to keep looking for an alternative because I just can't justify paying that much for something I put on and immediately rinse off.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35