Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

No Image

3.7

on 5/12/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I add my voice to that of ladyc74. I purchased Intense Chocolate and initially loved the way it looked on my blue-green eyes and the fact that one could effect a quasi-flick without resorting to gel liner. I have no gifts there; my nine-year-old tells me I end up looking "like a drunk swan". Anyhow, I began noticing that my eyes (I also wear contacts) were foggy and itchy and watery. When I stopped wearing this eyeliner, badaboom! The eye troubles stopped. This is curious and a bit annoying, as I look to Clinique for eye makeup products that are gentle and safe. The Naturally Glossy Mascara in Jet Brown is one of my Desert Island products, for example. But this? Lens-wearers, take heed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank you MUA member beautyfix for recommending this product. Clinique was my brand in college and I left it behind because I found it too wimpy. Based on my eye colour I too got the peridot and was enticed by the peacock. First - this product performs: it glides on smoothly over not-so-smooth eyelids and stays put (no transfer either). The peridot is more of a bronze with a green/brown undertone and is very flattering on blue eyes (mine have green undertones - somewhat mermaid). The peacock is a grey with a teal undertone and looks really smashing. The peridot is perfect when you want definition but don't want to look made up like a hot humid day. It also works double time as an eye shadow. The peacock is a beautiful and very wearable colour that reminds me of Chanel's ardroise but more sophisticated - who knew?! The product twists up but not down so beware not to squish it. It comes with a smudging sponge on the end.

on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been using Clinique products on and off for years. However, I have come to the conclusion that Clinique quickliners don't work that great for me. I get sucked into purchasing them because I love the colors. And they do have some wonderful colors. My issues with these liners comes from their inability to last long and they smudge something fierce! They are easy to apply. However, I find they fade after a few hours and tend to migrate under my eyes, especially if I have tightlined with them. I also hate how the liner twists up. I own 2 liners that have just stuck and won't twist up. Waste of money and product!

PROS: Beautiful color selection, soft and creamy to apply

CONS: On my oily lids, the color fades (I do use good primers) and can smudge all over the place. I don't care for the twist up packaging-it can get stuck and will not twist up making the liner useless.

on 3/25/2014 3:27:00 PM

This is pretty much the only eyeliner that I use up all the way (consistently) Usually I end up half way through one before I get tired of it and try something else..not with this though! I have normal shaped blue eyes and blonde hair with combo-dry skin and this looks amazing on my eyes with mascara. It also stays on really well in my waterline except the very outer edges where it will rub off, but every eyeliner does that on me anyways so its nbd. What I do like is that it does NOT get all gunky in my inner tear duct because I HATE that.

Really great eyeliner! :)

I am over the whole gel eyeliner trend. Most days, I do my makeup while trying to beat the clock and get out the door for work on time. Applying gel eyeliner requires more time and effort than I care to deal with at 7am. I also don't like how gel eyeliner looks on me. I always feel like a 1980s throwback, Joan Jett about to take the stage. I've tried eye pencils at all price points. My new favorite is the Intense collection from Clinique. These apply effortlessly. They're creamy but don't smear like some gel eyeliner pencils do. Once applied, these do not smudge, though after several hours some fading does appear to occur. The assortment of colors in this line is wonderful - everything from basic black, brown, and neutrals to plum, aubergine, and a deep blue. Another bonus: no sharpening required. I prefer these pencils to those from Urban Decay (too much glitter) and Bobbi Brown (messy). Clinique may not have that edgy appeal that some other lines do, but these eye pencils are definitely worth checking out.

*i work in a beauty hall in a department store, but I always give completely unbiased reviews*

A few years ago (2 to 3 years perhaps) I owned three different colours of these Intense Liners, Intense Coffee was my go to liner and I finished it up- something which was totally a new experience for me as I rarely finish something without moving on before I finish it!

I loved that the Quickliner Intense formula was the right type of creamy- not so creamy that it smudged everywhere, but it smoothed perfectly onto the eye. I was also able to create pretty, soft, kitten flicks without too much trouble, something I find almost impossible to do with other propelling liners.

It wore all day on my top lid, as long as I applied eyeshadow primer (UDPP) beforehand. On my waterline and lower lash line it tended to wear for maybe 4 hours, so reapplication was needed.

As I am a complete makeup junkie once I had finished up the coffee colour I moved on to a different brand and never picked up a Quickliner intense again, until last week.
A Clinique SA gave me a travel size Intense Charcoal and I was so excited to try these liners again. Yesterday I had a rare day off and decided I wanted a softer liner look, so applied this liner and a little BB cream, and off I went for a walk with my BF. I found the liner applied like a dream and was everything I remembered from before.

About 10minutes into the walk, so maybe 20mins after I applied the liner, my eyes started to itch and water, and when we arrived home I had to immediately remove it as my eyes felt like they were on fire! This morning I have woken up with two very sore, puffy and red eyes. Needless to say the liner is being tossed.

I am not sure if the liners have been reformulated or if maybe I am just allergic to this colour! I'm am really unsure if I will repurchase any of these liners, I am so afraid of hurting my eyes again. I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, the only other product my eyes reacted to was a YSL mascara and I attributed this to the heavy fragrance. I would recommended letting an SA try it on before you buy if your eyes are a little sensitive.

That said, it still wore quite well and was easy to apply, the packaging is perfect and the price point is treat. I will take just one lippie off for the reaction as it was maybe just my sensitive eyes, and another lippie for the wear time, which I think could be better on the lower lash line and waterline.

on 4/9/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Stays on your eyes all day! It doesn't smudge or run or give you black streaks. I love Clinique liners and this intense formula is great. Very pigmented and soft going on. I bought midnight and will get the brown one next.