Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.9

I have this in Peacock (a gorgeous deep green, almost teal; tiny amount of shimmer but still dark enough).

Smooth application. Great staying power. Has a smudge tip. Hypoallergenic.

I definitely recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank you MUA member beautyfix for recommending this product. Clinique was my brand in college and I left it behind because I found it too wimpy. Based on my eye colour I too got the peridot and was enticed by the peacock. First - this product performs: it glides on smoothly over not-so-smooth eyelids and stays put (no transfer either). The peridot is more of a bronze with a green/brown undertone and is very flattering on blue eyes (mine have green undertones - somewhat mermaid). The peacock is a grey with a teal undertone and looks really smashing. The peridot is perfect when you want definition but don't want to look made up like a hot humid day. It also works double time as an eye shadow. The peacock is a beautiful and very wearable colour that reminds me of Chanel's ardroise but more sophisticated - who knew?! The product twists up but not down so beware not to squish it. It comes with a smudging sponge on the end.

on 2/1/2015 4:16:00 AM

From a swap a while back, I received a Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in the color Intense Peacock which is a gorgeous, deep metallic teal. The liner is a twist-up pencil with a spongey smudger on the other end. There's no need for a sharpener, and the pencil is firm enough to be easy to draw with but creamy enough to blend and shape, and takes a little under a minute to fully set. It's not waterproof, but it is smudge-proof and has lasted at least 6 hours on my primer-less, oily lids before starting to fade. With primer and shadow, this stays on fully all day.

My biggest problem with this product is that the pencil does not retract, so I always have to be careful to twist up product a little at a time as I'm using it, otherwise the product could break and it would be wasteful, especially if I actually paid the $16.50 it costs for only 2 inches of product! I love that the pencil's pigmentation is strong, it comes with a smudger for easy shaping and that I don't need to have a sharpener to use this. But until pencils like this come with more product, can retract, and have 8hrs+ of staying power, it just seems like a standard eyeliner for twice the price of a good drugstore eyeliner.

on 12/27/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have become lazy in my old age and don't want to deal with gel eyeliner brushes or even sharpening a wooden eyeliner pencil. So I have turned to self-sharpening liners. I like the Clinique Intense because they go on smoothly. There is a nice smudging sponge at one end--I don't use this often, as I typically don't do a smudgy eye being over 50.

I particularly like the color Intense Clove. It's a hard-to-describe, browny-grayish tone with very subtle shimmer. It looks good with my green eyes and is not so dark that I can't use it below the eye as well.

I also have Intense Chocolate--this is a pretty basic dark-brown liner, but everyone needs one of those in their stable!

on 12/13/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with Catnip777. Clinique puts out the most beautiful colors for eyeliner pencils, but the formula stinks! These are called "Quickliners" for a reason: they are quick to smudge on you. Worst pencils I own right now, sorry to say. Besides the colors (I have 2- Intense Clove & Black Honey), the only other good thing about these is they don't tug on the eyelids. Probably why they smudge and fade so quickly, though. I am disappointed in myself for wasting money on these. Historically, Clinique make-up has NEVER worked for me. Their eyeliners are the one Clinique product that I have always had the worst experiences with. (That, and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion."). Clinique pencils and gel liners have been among the worst out there for me. Always too soft or mushy to do the trick. Oh, sure, they look lovely when you first apply them... But give 'em about 15 minutes and you will surely change your mind about 'em. That is, unless of course you "like" smudgy, traveling, disappearing eyeliner...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfection!! Got this in a set that was $40 bucks & this eyeliner alone is practically worth that (to me!) coz this is the eyeliner I've been searching for forever (no joke!). I got Intense Sable which is close to black but throw in a bit of deep brown flecks & dark grey (no glitter). This is ahhhh-mazing! I have oily skin & this does not give me the panda look (panda look is NOT CUTE! & I get it from practically every liner eventually!!), except this 1 & it doesn't irritate my chronic dry eye (+ I had glaucoma so I got to be careful what I put around my eyes). I wear glasses; I don't own contacts so I cannot comment on that aspect. This is easily removed w Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. The color isn't too garish or harsh on me--I have to be careful w eyeliner not to go overboard & get a goth look accidentally but this is just perfection! I am going to definitely buy another & 1 in black! I've also been using clinique products on & off for awhile & I have a stash of their products & I only use their skincare (3 step, all about eyes, cleansing balm....). I really love clinique!! I've tried other QuickLiners but I wasn't as impressed as I am w this 1. HG all the way...!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Huge no no if you wear contact lens!

PROS:
- Easy to apply.
- Perfect packaging.
- Doesn't disappear throughout the day.

CONS:
- Expensive.
- Horrible for my contact lens (I can NOT use this product on my eyes' water line if I want to be able to see. Seriously, it will make me see everything so blurry to the point I can't drive safely, for example).
- It tends to go to places of my eyes/face I don't want it to instead of just staying where I applied it.

Overall, I do not recommend this to people who wear contact lens like me, but if you don't use it, you can give it a try. This product is not amazing, but it's good. However, it is expensive so I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives. I will not buy it again for obvious reasons.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

These liners are addictive! I get smooth, almost fluid intense color that sets quickly and doesn't smudge or budge. All the shades I have last all day and still remove easily with eye makeup remover.
The color payoff and durability is much closer to a gel liner than the usual automatic pencil. Its texture is softer than a pencil, too. These have the glide and softness similar to a creamy stick eyeshadow, like LM's Caviar Sticks. I like their fluid softness and intense color for my upper lash line but I do find it's too harsh for my lower lashes, mainly because these pencils tend to apply strong, thick lines and my lower lash line is where I prefer soft, subtle definition.
Each pencil comes with a smudge tip on the opposite end which helps to smoke out the line but you'll have to be quick as these pencils really do set fast. If you do one eye then the other, and then decide to go back and smoke out your first eye, it'll be too late. The line is set. Oops! :)
These pencils require a lot of initial twisting to advance the liner. I think it took me about 20+ twists for the liner to finally move up. That's just an FYI so don't worry that yours might be a dud. And these tend to snap because of their softness so don't extend them too much.
If you're interested in subtle deep shades, try out my pics: Aubergine (muted deep plum), Ivy (muted deep pine green), Charcoal (shimmery blackened grey), and Chocolate (your basic deep brown). Peridot and Truffle are also subtle but not very deep. Peridot is a medium green/brown with gold flash and Truffle is a medium frosty taupe.
continued >>

Wonderful eyeliner - great delivery system, just the right thickness, easy to use, very intense colour and doesn't smudge or wear off. I got this as a GWP and I can see it is going to be a repeat purchase. UPDATE: I have these in Ivy, Plum (more purple than plum) and Black (black with a hint of navy). I see there are new colours available but my favourite is Ivy, a very wearable green.

I bought this in intense charcoal as a replacement for my beloved and sadly discontinued bareminerals Big and Bright charcoal liner. Overall, I really like it. It's the same price as the bareminerals and it's a good shade of charcoal. Most liners I saw were still too dark or too silvery. I have pretty oily lids, and this liner stays put much better than most liners on me. The only thing I don't love is the amount of glitter. I can't speak for all shades, but the charcoal is a bit too shimmery. I can live with it though.