Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

No Image

4.7

on 12/27/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have become lazy in my old age and don't want to deal with gel eyeliner brushes or even sharpening a wooden eyeliner pencil. So I have turned to self-sharpening liners. I like the Clinique Intense because they go on smoothly. There is a nice smudging sponge at one end--I don't use this often, as I typically don't do a smudgy eye being over 50.

I particularly like the color Intense Clove. It's a hard-to-describe, browny-grayish tone with very subtle shimmer. It looks good with my green eyes and is not so dark that I can't use it below the eye as well.

I also have Intense Chocolate--this is a pretty basic dark-brown liner, but everyone needs one of those in their stable!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

These liners are addictive! I get smooth, almost fluid intense color that sets quickly and doesn't smudge or budge. All the shades I have last all day and still remove easily with eye makeup remover.
The color payoff and durability is much closer to a gel liner than the usual automatic pencil. Its texture is softer than a pencil, too. These have the glide and softness similar to a creamy stick eyeshadow, like LM's Caviar Sticks. I like their fluid softness and intense color for my upper lash line but I do find it's too harsh for my lower lashes, mainly because these pencils tend to apply strong, thick lines and my lower lash line is where I prefer soft, subtle definition.
Each pencil comes with a smudge tip on the opposite end which helps to smoke out the line but you'll have to be quick as these pencils really do set fast. If you do one eye then the other, and then decide to go back and smoke out your first eye, it'll be too late. The line is set. Oops! :)
These pencils require a lot of initial twisting to advance the liner. I think it took me about 20+ twists for the liner to finally move up. That's just an FYI so don't worry that yours might be a dud. And these tend to snap because of their softness so don't extend them too much.
If you're interested in subtle deep shades, try out my pics: Aubergine (muted deep plum), Ivy (muted deep pine green), Charcoal (shimmery blackened grey), and Chocolate (your basic deep brown). Peridot and Truffle are also subtle but not very deep. Peridot is a medium green/brown with gold flash and Truffle is a medium frosty taupe.
continued >>

on 12/17/2013 3:05:00 PM

These are amazing, in a different league to other eye liners by miles. They are soft, so easy to apply, and so very beautiful. I had used other brands eyeliners for a smokey eye look, but never as true liners as to fussy to apply, and all the dryness pulling and tugging which can't be good for your eyes. With these, I feel like a make up artist, I can create any look I like. Suffice to say that I am on my third black pen ( and also have the peacock and the clove), whereas all my other liners were never repurchased.