Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

No Image

3.8

on 12/13/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with Catnip777. Clinique puts out the most beautiful colors for eyeliner pencils, but the formula stinks! These are called "Quickliners" for a reason: they are quick to smudge on you. Worst pencils I own right now, sorry to say. Besides the colors (I have 2- Intense Clove & Black Honey), the only other good thing about these is they don't tug on the eyelids. Probably why they smudge and fade so quickly, though. I am disappointed in myself for wasting money on these. Historically, Clinique make-up has NEVER worked for me. Their eyeliners are the one Clinique product that I have always had the worst experiences with. (That, and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion."). Clinique pencils and gel liners have been among the worst out there for me. Always too soft or mushy to do the trick. Oh, sure, they look lovely when you first apply them... But give 'em about 15 minutes and you will surely change your mind about 'em. That is, unless of course you "like" smudgy, traveling, disappearing eyeliner...

on 3/29/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Contact lens wearers beware!! I bought this in Intense Aubergine, which is a great shade - was looking for a black plum that leaned warm and brownish rather than cool purple. This fit the bill perfectly. I applied it the following morning. Within half an hour my lenses had misted up completely - I had to take them out. I could see cloudy patches all over them. I tried to rinse them but every time I put them back in my eyes, the same thing happened. In the end I had to throw them away (I wear daily disposables) and get through my day at work squinting at the computer. This has happened once before - with Urban Decay waterproof liners - so I was sure the liner was to blame. Obviously, anyone can have a reaction to something that's fine for others. But when I googled reviews of the Intense Quickliners, it became clear this is a common problem - there are even reviews from lens wearers with the same issue on Clinique's own website, which really annoyed me as it means the company must be aware of it. In my opinion, Clinique counter staff should warn lens wearers not to purchase this product. The effect was so severe that when I put lenses in again the next day, I still experienced some clouding from whatever eyeliner residue must have been left on my eyes.

on 4/8/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had hoped this ebony (dark black) liner would do what it promised to do... stay on my lid and not smear. Well, it stayed on for a couple hours and then started smearing all over my undereye. Another one going back. The color's fine. The smudge tip did smudge the color but it was pretty messy. Better to use a cotton swab. I like the auto sharpen/swivel up feature, so no sharpener needed.

I bought this eyeliner with high hopes. It looked great when I first put in on my waterline. Within 20 minutes my eyes started to get red and watery. By afternoon, I had smudge marks at the edges of my eyes. The next day I thought I might try it on my lashline instead. Within 3 hours it had smudged on my upper eyelid. Would not repurchase and I might throw this one out.

on 11/19/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The one thing my eyeliner has to do is not smudge. Unfortunately this product misses the mark. Raccoon eyes smudgy mess in a few hours. I got the intense charcoal, (dark gray) and intense ivy (dark ivy) and while they go on smoothly, the smudge. Love the twist up automatic pencil with smudged on end but product lacks longevity. Skip this one.

on 5/12/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I add my voice to that of ladyc74. I purchased Intense Chocolate and initially loved the way it looked on my blue-green eyes and the fact that one could effect a quasi-flick without resorting to gel liner. I have no gifts there; my nine-year-old tells me I end up looking "like a drunk swan". Anyhow, I began noticing that my eyes (I also wear contacts) were foggy and itchy and watery. When I stopped wearing this eyeliner, badaboom! The eye troubles stopped. This is curious and a bit annoying, as I look to Clinique for eye makeup products that are gentle and safe. The Naturally Glossy Mascara in Jet Brown is one of my Desert Island products, for example. But this? Lens-wearers, take heed.

on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been using Clinique products on and off for years. However, I have come to the conclusion that Clinique quickliners don't work that great for me. I get sucked into purchasing them because I love the colors. And they do have some wonderful colors. My issues with these liners comes from their inability to last long and they smudge something fierce! They are easy to apply. However, I find they fade after a few hours and tend to migrate under my eyes, especially if I have tightlined with them. I also hate how the liner twists up. I own 2 liners that have just stuck and won't twist up. Waste of money and product!

PROS: Beautiful color selection, soft and creamy to apply

CONS: On my oily lids, the color fades (I do use good primers) and can smudge all over the place. I don't care for the twist up packaging-it can get stuck and will not twist up making the liner useless.

on 4/4/2013 2:48:00 AM

(Note: this is the same review as the one I wrote for Quickliner Intense in Intense Midnight.) After reading so many rave reviews, I decided to try Clinique's Quickliner Intense in Intense Midnight. The color is a gorgeous deep navy blue, perfect for complementing my brown eyes. Sadly, the reason why the rating is so low is that this product will not work for people who wear contact lenses. I wear RGPs (hard lenses), and within five minutes, they'd smeared and left a film on my contact lenses. I took them out and rinsed them and put them back in, hoping that maybe it would be a one time thing, but no -- the smearing and subsequent film occurs again and again throughout the day. Although I dropped it to one star for that reason, I love the color so added another star. For people who don't wear contact lenses, I think this would be a great eyeliner alternative to your basic black. Alas, it's not for me and will be returned to Sephora.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Huge no no if you wear contact lens!

PROS:
- Easy to apply.
- Perfect packaging.
- Doesn't disappear throughout the day.

CONS:
- Expensive.
- Horrible for my contact lens (I can NOT use this product on my eyes' water line if I want to be able to see. Seriously, it will make me see everything so blurry to the point I can't drive safely, for example).
- It tends to go to places of my eyes/face I don't want it to instead of just staying where I applied it.

Overall, I do not recommend this to people who wear contact lens like me, but if you don't use it, you can give it a try. This product is not amazing, but it's good. However, it is expensive so I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives. I will not buy it again for obvious reasons.

*i work in a beauty hall in a department store, but I always give completely unbiased reviews*

A few years ago (2 to 3 years perhaps) I owned three different colours of these Intense Liners, Intense Coffee was my go to liner and I finished it up- something which was totally a new experience for me as I rarely finish something without moving on before I finish it!

I loved that the Quickliner Intense formula was the right type of creamy- not so creamy that it smudged everywhere, but it smoothed perfectly onto the eye. I was also able to create pretty, soft, kitten flicks without too much trouble, something I find almost impossible to do with other propelling liners.

It wore all day on my top lid, as long as I applied eyeshadow primer (UDPP) beforehand. On my waterline and lower lash line it tended to wear for maybe 4 hours, so reapplication was needed.

As I am a complete makeup junkie once I had finished up the coffee colour I moved on to a different brand and never picked up a Quickliner intense again, until last week.
A Clinique SA gave me a travel size Intense Charcoal and I was so excited to try these liners again. Yesterday I had a rare day off and decided I wanted a softer liner look, so applied this liner and a little BB cream, and off I went for a walk with my BF. I found the liner applied like a dream and was everything I remembered from before.

About 10minutes into the walk, so maybe 20mins after I applied the liner, my eyes started to itch and water, and when we arrived home I had to immediately remove it as my eyes felt like they were on fire! This morning I have woken up with two very sore, puffy and red eyes. Needless to say the liner is being tossed.

I am not sure if the liners have been reformulated or if maybe I am just allergic to this colour! I'm am really unsure if I will repurchase any of these liners, I am so afraid of hurting my eyes again. I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, the only other product my eyes reacted to was a YSL mascara and I attributed this to the heavy fragrance. I would recommended letting an SA try it on before you buy if your eyes are a little sensitive.

That said, it still wore quite well and was easy to apply, the packaging is perfect and the price point is treat. I will take just one lippie off for the reaction as it was maybe just my sensitive eyes, and another lippie for the wear time, which I think could be better on the lower lash line and waterline.