Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

No Image

3.8

love this product! it is smooth without being too smooth to control easily. it almost gives the appearance of a liquid liner because the color is so intense. love that it comes with a smudger also. the plum and ivy is really pretty also

on 4/9/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Stays on your eyes all day! It doesn't smudge or run or give you black streaks. I love Clinique liners and this intense formula is great. Very pigmented and soft going on. I bought midnight and will get the brown one next.

on 6/30/2012 1:29:00 PM

This is perfect! It goes on smooth with no tugging but it stays on all day. There is no smudging or fading even on oily eyelids. It is hot and humid here right now but this eyeliner stays on through it. I really love this! I have the color chocolate but I plan on buying other colors.

I bought this in intense charcoal as a replacement for my beloved and sadly discontinued bareminerals Big and Bright charcoal liner. Overall, I really like it. It's the same price as the bareminerals and it's a good shade of charcoal. Most liners I saw were still too dark or too silvery. I have pretty oily lids, and this liner stays put much better than most liners on me. The only thing I don't love is the amount of glitter. I can't speak for all shades, but the charcoal is a bit too shimmery. I can live with it though.

on 4/4/2013 2:48:00 AM

(Note: this is the same review as the one I wrote for Quickliner Intense in Intense Midnight.) After reading so many rave reviews, I decided to try Clinique's Quickliner Intense in Intense Midnight. The color is a gorgeous deep navy blue, perfect for complementing my brown eyes. Sadly, the reason why the rating is so low is that this product will not work for people who wear contact lenses. I wear RGPs (hard lenses), and within five minutes, they'd smeared and left a film on my contact lenses. I took them out and rinsed them and put them back in, hoping that maybe it would be a one time thing, but no -- the smearing and subsequent film occurs again and again throughout the day. Although I dropped it to one star for that reason, I love the color so added another star. For people who don't wear contact lenses, I think this would be a great eyeliner alternative to your basic black. Alas, it's not for me and will be returned to Sephora.

Wonderful eyeliner - great delivery system, just the right thickness, easy to use, very intense colour and doesn't smudge or wear off. I got this as a GWP and I can see it is going to be a repeat purchase. UPDATE: I have these in Ivy, Plum (more purple than plum) and Black (black with a hint of navy). I see there are new colours available but my favourite is Ivy, a very wearable green.

*i work in a beauty hall in a department store, but I always give completely unbiased reviews*

A few years ago (2 to 3 years perhaps) I owned three different colours of these Intense Liners, Intense Coffee was my go to liner and I finished it up- something which was totally a new experience for me as I rarely finish something without moving on before I finish it!

I loved that the Quickliner Intense formula was the right type of creamy- not so creamy that it smudged everywhere, but it smoothed perfectly onto the eye. I was also able to create pretty, soft, kitten flicks without too much trouble, something I find almost impossible to do with other propelling liners.

It wore all day on my top lid, as long as I applied eyeshadow primer (UDPP) beforehand. On my waterline and lower lash line it tended to wear for maybe 4 hours, so reapplication was needed.

As I am a complete makeup junkie once I had finished up the coffee colour I moved on to a different brand and never picked up a Quickliner intense again, until last week.
A Clinique SA gave me a travel size Intense Charcoal and I was so excited to try these liners again. Yesterday I had a rare day off and decided I wanted a softer liner look, so applied this liner and a little BB cream, and off I went for a walk with my BF. I found the liner applied like a dream and was everything I remembered from before.

About 10minutes into the walk, so maybe 20mins after I applied the liner, my eyes started to itch and water, and when we arrived home I had to immediately remove it as my eyes felt like they were on fire! This morning I have woken up with two very sore, puffy and red eyes. Needless to say the liner is being tossed.

I am not sure if the liners have been reformulated or if maybe I am just allergic to this colour! I'm am really unsure if I will repurchase any of these liners, I am so afraid of hurting my eyes again. I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, the only other product my eyes reacted to was a YSL mascara and I attributed this to the heavy fragrance. I would recommended letting an SA try it on before you buy if your eyes are a little sensitive.

That said, it still wore quite well and was easy to apply, the packaging is perfect and the price point is treat. I will take just one lippie off for the reaction as it was maybe just my sensitive eyes, and another lippie for the wear time, which I think could be better on the lower lash line and waterline.

on 10/17/2013 3:32:00 PM

I have oily, moderately hooded lids and I am always searching for eyeliner that will last the day without transferring.

I received this liner in Intense Chocolate in a GWP and I nearly threw it out because I thought it was melted or broken -- what a huge mistake that would have been because this is HG worthy.

I finally got it to twist up and it glided on effortlessly. Surely this soft, smooth liner would be all over my lids in a matter of minutes, right? It did not budge all day, the color stayed dark and true, and it removed easily. Hot damn! I went out and bought another in Intense Plum.

The non-GWP liner twisted up easily, no quality problems here and both colors continue to perform well.

I will keep purchasing these and I'm looking forward to trying some other shades.

on 12/17/2013 3:05:00 PM

These are amazing, in a different league to other eye liners by miles. They are soft, so easy to apply, and so very beautiful. I had used other brands eyeliners for a smokey eye look, but never as true liners as to fussy to apply, and all the dryness pulling and tugging which can't be good for your eyes. With these, I feel like a make up artist, I can create any look I like. Suffice to say that I am on my third black pen ( and also have the peacock and the clove), whereas all my other liners were never repurchased.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

These liners are addictive! I get smooth, almost fluid intense color that sets quickly and doesn't smudge or budge. All the shades I have last all day and still remove easily with eye makeup remover.
The color payoff and durability is much closer to a gel liner than the usual automatic pencil. Its texture is softer than a pencil, too. These have the glide and softness similar to a creamy stick eyeshadow, like LM's Caviar Sticks. I like their fluid softness and intense color for my upper lash line but I do find it's too harsh for my lower lashes, mainly because these pencils tend to apply strong, thick lines and my lower lash line is where I prefer soft, subtle definition.
Each pencil comes with a smudge tip on the opposite end which helps to smoke out the line but you'll have to be quick as these pencils really do set fast. If you do one eye then the other, and then decide to go back and smoke out your first eye, it'll be too late. The line is set. Oops! :)
These pencils require a lot of initial twisting to advance the liner. I think it took me about 20+ twists for the liner to finally move up. That's just an FYI so don't worry that yours might be a dud. And these tend to snap because of their softness so don't extend them too much.
If you're interested in subtle deep shades, try out my pics: Aubergine (muted deep plum), Ivy (muted deep pine green), Charcoal (shimmery blackened grey), and Chocolate (your basic deep brown). Peridot and Truffle are also subtle but not very deep. Peridot is a medium green/brown with gold flash and Truffle is a medium frosty taupe.
continued >>