Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

No Image

3.8

on 4/8/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had hoped this ebony (dark black) liner would do what it promised to do... stay on my lid and not smear. Well, it stayed on for a couple hours and then started smearing all over my undereye. Another one going back. The color's fine. The smudge tip did smudge the color but it was pretty messy. Better to use a cotton swab. I like the auto sharpen/swivel up feature, so no sharpener needed.

I bought this eyeliner with high hopes. It looked great when I first put in on my waterline. Within 20 minutes my eyes started to get red and watery. By afternoon, I had smudge marks at the edges of my eyes. The next day I thought I might try it on my lashline instead. Within 3 hours it had smudged on my upper eyelid. Would not repurchase and I might throw this one out.

on 11/19/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The one thing my eyeliner has to do is not smudge. Unfortunately this product misses the mark. Raccoon eyes smudgy mess in a few hours. I got the intense charcoal, (dark gray) and intense ivy (dark ivy) and while they go on smoothly, the smudge. Love the twist up automatic pencil with smudged on end but product lacks longevity. Skip this one.

on 3/27/2016 2:31:00 PM

This is my favorite liner ever. I love intense clove but it always seems to be out of stock. I chose intense aubergine last time and actually like it a bit more than clove. The formula is smooth and easy, no tugging and this does not smear on my oily lids. I can actually bottom line too with minimal smearing. It being an automatic pencil is a plus, I hate toying with a sharpener. The only color I also tried and did not like at all was intense black, the formula was dry and it smeared on me. Another complaint is the product is a little more expensive given it runs out pretty quickly and is a really soft pencil. Clinique makes the pencil too long and it gives the illusion there's a lot of product. BUT those are not major complaints, as I will keep buying this pencil forever probably.

I have this in Peacock (a gorgeous deep green, almost teal; tiny amount of shimmer but still dark enough).

Smooth application. Great staying power. Has a smudge tip. Hypoallergenic.

I definitely recommend this product.

on 5/12/2015 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I like these even better than UD's 24/7 pencils. I have these in 3 colors - Intense Black Honey, Intense Aubergine and Intense Clove. The staying power is excellent, the formula is creamy and doesn't tug of skip along the lash line. The color payoff is great. I love the built in smudger for a smokier look. What's not to love?

on 5/12/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I add my voice to that of ladyc74. I purchased Intense Chocolate and initially loved the way it looked on my blue-green eyes and the fact that one could effect a quasi-flick without resorting to gel liner. I have no gifts there; my nine-year-old tells me I end up looking "like a drunk swan". Anyhow, I began noticing that my eyes (I also wear contacts) were foggy and itchy and watery. When I stopped wearing this eyeliner, badaboom! The eye troubles stopped. This is curious and a bit annoying, as I look to Clinique for eye makeup products that are gentle and safe. The Naturally Glossy Mascara in Jet Brown is one of my Desert Island products, for example. But this? Lens-wearers, take heed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank you MUA member beautyfix for recommending this product. Clinique was my brand in college and I left it behind because I found it too wimpy. Based on my eye colour I too got the peridot and was enticed by the peacock. First - this product performs: it glides on smoothly over not-so-smooth eyelids and stays put (no transfer either). The peridot is more of a bronze with a green/brown undertone and is very flattering on blue eyes (mine have green undertones - somewhat mermaid). The peacock is a grey with a teal undertone and looks really smashing. The peridot is perfect when you want definition but don't want to look made up like a hot humid day. It also works double time as an eye shadow. The peacock is a beautiful and very wearable colour that reminds me of Chanel's ardroise but more sophisticated - who knew?! The product twists up but not down so beware not to squish it. It comes with a smudging sponge on the end.

on 2/16/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My eyes: blue/green
Quickliner intense colour: Peridot

Summary: I would repurchase because:

The texture of this is so beautiful, it melts like butter on application to the skin, but then affixes itself and doesn't smudge nor smear. It applies so beautifully and lightly that one can trace a wide depth of colour lightly even under the eyes and then apply a darker line around the eyes which will seem to blend itself into the lighter wash.

The colour is subtle and a beautiful soft, mossy green, flecked with delicate, subtle, golden shimmer. It doesn't look like an wearing some tawdry bright shade round my eyes, it is subtle colour, just visible according to the light. I've found I can build and build the depth around my eyes with this and it looks sexy, subtle and very pretty.

It doesn't budge, even after taking a nap this has stayed perfectly in place.

Cons: only one, I can't wear it in my waterline, it feels like my eyes become sensitive.

Verdict: the most beautiful eyeliner I've ever tried with the most beautifying effects. I would recommend it to all women, specially those who need a little TLC. I think it's beautiful and I think it can help us all be more beautiful too. I wish Clinique would bring out a golden brown too, I cannot resist trying the other colours, hoping they will be as lovely as this Peridot.

on 2/1/2015 4:16:00 AM

From a swap a while back, I received a Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in the color Intense Peacock which is a gorgeous, deep metallic teal. The liner is a twist-up pencil with a spongey smudger on the other end. There's no need for a sharpener, and the pencil is firm enough to be easy to draw with but creamy enough to blend and shape, and takes a little under a minute to fully set. It's not waterproof, but it is smudge-proof and has lasted at least 6 hours on my primer-less, oily lids before starting to fade. With primer and shadow, this stays on fully all day.

My biggest problem with this product is that the pencil does not retract, so I always have to be careful to twist up product a little at a time as I'm using it, otherwise the product could break and it would be wasteful, especially if I actually paid the $16.50 it costs for only 2 inches of product! I love that the pencil's pigmentation is strong, it comes with a smudger for easy shaping and that I don't need to have a sharpener to use this. But until pencils like this come with more product, can retract, and have 8hrs+ of staying power, it just seems like a standard eyeliner for twice the price of a good drugstore eyeliner.