CLINIQUE Quickliner for Eyes - All Colors

Filtered by age: 44-55
CLINIQUE Quickliner for Eyes - All Colors

3.7

I have this in several shades.
Chocolate and Intense black.

My new fave eyeliner is Intense Aubergine. ITs like a dark purple,brownish almost blackish. I really like it.

I find them all to be smooth and nice to apply. I have not seen smudging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The one thing my eyeliner has to do is not smudge. Unfortunately this product misses the mark. Raccoon eyes smudgy mess in a few hours. I got the intense charcoal, (dark gray) and intense ivy (dark ivy) and while they go on smoothly, the smudge. Love the twist up automatic pencil with smudged on end but product lacks longevity. Skip this one.

on 5/12/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I add my voice to that of ladyc74. I purchased Intense Chocolate and initially loved the way it looked on my blue-green eyes and the fact that one could effect a quasi-flick without resorting to gel liner. I have no gifts there; my nine-year-old tells me I end up looking "like a drunk swan". Anyhow, I began noticing that my eyes (I also wear contacts) were foggy and itchy and watery. When I stopped wearing this eyeliner, badaboom! The eye troubles stopped. This is curious and a bit annoying, as I look to Clinique for eye makeup products that are gentle and safe. The Naturally Glossy Mascara in Jet Brown is one of my Desert Island products, for example. But this? Lens-wearers, take heed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank you MUA member beautyfix for recommending this product. Clinique was my brand in college and I left it behind because I found it too wimpy. Based on my eye colour I too got the peridot and was enticed by the peacock. First - this product performs: it glides on smoothly over not-so-smooth eyelids and stays put (no transfer either). The peridot is more of a bronze with a green/brown undertone and is very flattering on blue eyes (mine have green undertones - somewhat mermaid). The peacock is a grey with a teal undertone and looks really smashing. The peridot is perfect when you want definition but don't want to look made up like a hot humid day. It also works double time as an eye shadow. The peacock is a beautiful and very wearable colour that reminds me of Chanel's ardroise but more sophisticated - who knew?! The product twists up but not down so beware not to squish it. It comes with a smudging sponge on the end.

on 12/27/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have become lazy in my old age and don't want to deal with gel eyeliner brushes or even sharpening a wooden eyeliner pencil. So I have turned to self-sharpening liners. I like the Clinique Intense because they go on smoothly. There is a nice smudging sponge at one end--I don't use this often, as I typically don't do a smudgy eye being over 50.

I particularly like the color Intense Clove. It's a hard-to-describe, browny-grayish tone with very subtle shimmer. It looks good with my green eyes and is not so dark that I can't use it below the eye as well.

I also have Intense Chocolate--this is a pretty basic dark-brown liner, but everyone needs one of those in their stable!

on 12/13/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with Catnip777. Clinique puts out the most beautiful colors for eyeliner pencils, but the formula stinks! These are called "Quickliners" for a reason: they are quick to smudge on you. Worst pencils I own right now, sorry to say. Besides the colors (I have 2- Intense Clove & Black Honey), the only other good thing about these is they don't tug on the eyelids. Probably why they smudge and fade so quickly, though. I am disappointed in myself for wasting money on these. Historically, Clinique make-up has NEVER worked for me. Their eyeliners are the one Clinique product that I have always had the worst experiences with. (That, and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion."). Clinique pencils and gel liners have been among the worst out there for me. Always too soft or mushy to do the trick. Oh, sure, they look lovely when you first apply them... But give 'em about 15 minutes and you will surely change your mind about 'em. That is, unless of course you "like" smudgy, traveling, disappearing eyeliner...

I am over the whole gel eyeliner trend. Most days, I do my makeup while trying to beat the clock and get out the door for work on time. Applying gel eyeliner requires more time and effort than I care to deal with at 7am. I also don't like how gel eyeliner looks on me. I always feel like a 1980s throwback, Joan Jett about to take the stage. I've tried eye pencils at all price points. My new favorite is the Intense collection from Clinique. These apply effortlessly. They're creamy but don't smear like some gel eyeliner pencils do. Once applied, these do not smudge, though after several hours some fading does appear to occur. The assortment of colors in this line is wonderful - everything from basic black, brown, and neutrals to plum, aubergine, and a deep blue. Another bonus: no sharpening required. I prefer these pencils to those from Urban Decay (too much glitter) and Bobbi Brown (messy). Clinique may not have that edgy appeal that some other lines do, but these eye pencils are definitely worth checking out.

on 10/17/2013 3:32:00 PM

I have oily, moderately hooded lids and I am always searching for eyeliner that will last the day without transferring.

I received this liner in Intense Chocolate in a GWP and I nearly threw it out because I thought it was melted or broken -- what a huge mistake that would have been because this is HG worthy.

I finally got it to twist up and it glided on effortlessly. Surely this soft, smooth liner would be all over my lids in a matter of minutes, right? It did not budge all day, the color stayed dark and true, and it removed easily. Hot damn! I went out and bought another in Intense Plum.

The non-GWP liner twisted up easily, no quality problems here and both colors continue to perform well.

I will keep purchasing these and I'm looking forward to trying some other shades.

on 6/30/2012 1:29:00 PM

This is perfect! It goes on smooth with no tugging but it stays on all day. There is no smudging or fading even on oily eyelids. It is hot and humid here right now but this eyeliner stays on through it. I really love this! I have the color chocolate but I plan on buying other colors.

on 4/9/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Stays on your eyes all day! It doesn't smudge or run or give you black streaks. I love Clinique liners and this intense formula is great. Very pigmented and soft going on. I bought midnight and will get the brown one next.