Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

on 3/25/2014 3:27:00 PM

This is pretty much the only eyeliner that I use up all the way (consistently) Usually I end up half way through one before I get tired of it and try something else..not with this though! I have normal shaped blue eyes and blonde hair with combo-dry skin and this looks amazing on my eyes with mascara. It also stays on really well in my waterline except the very outer edges where it will rub off, but every eyeliner does that on me anyways so its nbd. What I do like is that it does NOT get all gunky in my inner tear duct because I HATE that.

Really great eyeliner! :)

*i work in a beauty hall in a department store, but I always give completely unbiased reviews*

A few years ago (2 to 3 years perhaps) I owned three different colours of these Intense Liners, Intense Coffee was my go to liner and I finished it up- something which was totally a new experience for me as I rarely finish something without moving on before I finish it!

I loved that the Quickliner Intense formula was the right type of creamy- not so creamy that it smudged everywhere, but it smoothed perfectly onto the eye. I was also able to create pretty, soft, kitten flicks without too much trouble, something I find almost impossible to do with other propelling liners.

It wore all day on my top lid, as long as I applied eyeshadow primer (UDPP) beforehand. On my waterline and lower lash line it tended to wear for maybe 4 hours, so reapplication was needed.

As I am a complete makeup junkie once I had finished up the coffee colour I moved on to a different brand and never picked up a Quickliner intense again, until last week.
A Clinique SA gave me a travel size Intense Charcoal and I was so excited to try these liners again. Yesterday I had a rare day off and decided I wanted a softer liner look, so applied this liner and a little BB cream, and off I went for a walk with my BF. I found the liner applied like a dream and was everything I remembered from before.

About 10minutes into the walk, so maybe 20mins after I applied the liner, my eyes started to itch and water, and when we arrived home I had to immediately remove it as my eyes felt like they were on fire! This morning I have woken up with two very sore, puffy and red eyes. Needless to say the liner is being tossed.

I am not sure if the liners have been reformulated or if maybe I am just allergic to this colour! I'm am really unsure if I will repurchase any of these liners, I am so afraid of hurting my eyes again. I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, the only other product my eyes reacted to was a YSL mascara and I attributed this to the heavy fragrance. I would recommended letting an SA try it on before you buy if your eyes are a little sensitive.

That said, it still wore quite well and was easy to apply, the packaging is perfect and the price point is treat. I will take just one lippie off for the reaction as it was maybe just my sensitive eyes, and another lippie for the wear time, which I think could be better on the lower lash line and waterline.

I bought this in intense charcoal as a replacement for my beloved and sadly discontinued bareminerals Big and Bright charcoal liner. Overall, I really like it. It's the same price as the bareminerals and it's a good shade of charcoal. Most liners I saw were still too dark or too silvery. I have pretty oily lids, and this liner stays put much better than most liners on me. The only thing I don't love is the amount of glitter. I can't speak for all shades, but the charcoal is a bit too shimmery. I can live with it though.