bareMinerals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

bareMinerals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light
Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

on 4/14/2018 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to die by Bare Minerals loose foundation in Fairly light. It gave me good enough coverage and looked very natural and made my skin look healthy and did not break me out if I slept in it, which happens more than I would like to say. But the problem is with the packaging. They have compacts of pressed powder now but those break me out and the one here that I am reviewing in the Loose Powder was always good to my skin but was such a mess that I gave up on it. I would not buy it again. I have found through a lot of research other non-acnegenic pressed powder medium to full coverage foundations.

on 12/30/2017 11:59:00 AM

I have used so many make ups. I am acne prone and oily… This is the best ever hands-down. Don’t listen to anyone who tells you mineral make up just makes acne worse, it’s individual to each person. You have to know how to properly apply this make up. Get on YouTube and watch some tutorials… Buffing is everything with mineral make up. You can achieve beautiful glowing skin with the powder best mineral make up.
The original formula is the best one in my opinion. I have re-purchased again and again for the past 15 years!

on 11/28/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I've been buying it 2 years and the only complaint I have is that my skin ends to get shiny/oily by the end of the day. Maybe I'll switch to the matte foundation and see if that helps. Still, would definitely recommend to any of my friends!

on 6/5/2017 12:09:00 PM

I started using bare minerals in 1999 when I ordered it off QVC. I loved it for years then took a break to try other things. When I went back to it I was disappointed. Coverage doesn't seem to be what it once was and the sheen is more prominent. I feel like a glow stick when wearing it now. Not sure if the formula changed? Also, the jar size is a lot smaller but price is higher. (My hoarder self still has original 1999 containers that I store things in, and the container is twice the size of the current base.) The color fairly light does match me well but I need to mix it with my Jane Iredale minerals base to tone down the shine. This combo works very well for me but it's not cost effective.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I tried this out because I've been dealing with acne lately. This made my skin look horrible. It made it look cakey dry, and flat. The color was off on my nc15 skin as well. It made me look 10 years older. Threw it in the trash. Might work for someone young and oily.

It went on very orange, not fairly light but also applied thick!

on 11/27/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've bought three shades, light and fairly light. I use light and fairly light in the following way: I make a solution of the mineral foundation with rose water and glycerin apply it with a brush and either buff it out with a kabuki or a beauty blender. Flawless. The rose water and glycerin idea I got from finding a recipe of something called "Magnolia Balm" which originally used zinc oxide and French chalk! It was sold about a hundred years ago!

This recipe needs a quick shake before applying but stays on all day and evens out my complexion perfectly. One can alter the ratio of mineral make-up to solution for depth of coverage. Four ounces of rose water to a teaspoon of glycerin seems to be good. I use more mineral make-up in a separate bottle (light shade) for concealer.

Note: I no longer need moisturizer. I wash my face with brown sugar, honey and lemon juice then put on the makeup solution and have found that I do not need anything else!! My skin stays hydrated and good all through the day and through the night.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

So... I'm underwhelmed. After watching Bare Minerals infomercials throughout childhood and seeing the starter kits at Sephora for so many years, I finally was intrigued enough to try this "miracle" powder foundation. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. I was using the Youngblood loose mineral foundtion in Ivory and found it too light. Fairly Light is a perfect match for my colouring.

I really like the packaging and the twist shaker. I feel like it's less messy than the Youngblood. I used the same brush and technique (swirl, tap, buff) and brushed in a circular motion starting with the outside my face working inward. The texture is nice and there is no smell. It also has pretty full coverage and masks any redness from blemishes.

The powder looks nice at first, but throughout the day my face gets shiny and slick with oil. I've taken to using a powder puff (one of those cheap ones you buy as a replacement for your powder compact) to blot halfway through the day and I find a lot of the product transfers to the puff.

If I touch my face, the product comes off on my fingers. I tried using a mattifying primer underneath, but it didn't make a huge difference.

Sadface. For $35 CAD at Sephora this definitely wasn't worth it.

Overall, I would not purchase this product again and will go back to the Youngblood in a slightly warmer tone.

on 1/19/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I keeps' it brief when it comes to this pseudo-unique powder 'foundation' (can you tell where I'm going?)

It's not buildable. People with flawless skin always buff it on cheerfully, insisting that you can get medium to full coverage. Medium is a stretch, full is a damn lie.

It's true, to build, you do need to work in many (20+ is fine girl, keep goin') light applications versus, if you're like me, kind of 'anchoring' spots around your face right after dipping into a lot of powder, then buffing each spot, effectively dusting most of the excess off. (Sometimes I get too lazy with this technique and I have to go in with a sponge and 'pull up' my anchors...)

Very few shades, a dubious main ingredient, a finish that only a minority will appreciate (glow=shine) , an inflated price and messy, ttteedious application. You're lucky you got these two lippies. Now get outta' here!

I have been using this product for years and continue to repurchase it for two reasons: great coverage and does not irritate my skin. I have used numerous over the counter foundations, liquid and powder alike and haven’t found anything close to Bare Minerals consistency and coverage. Although I have heard mixed reviews that it’s not great if you have sensitive skin prone to acne, I still continue to use it in my beauty routine. I prefer the "Matte" product over the original for added coverage.