OPI Wooden Shoe Like To Know?

4.5

on 3/9/2016 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Perfect all-season color! Medium mushroom taupe brown, sometimes looks warmer (like chocolate milk) with a sweet hidden micro-shimmer that adds a ladylike feminine touch to an otherwise modern hue...such an interesting color. To me, the micro shimmer appears to be pink. It's not visible in all lighting, and outdoors it comes alive, of course. I am very warm, and sometimes it really pulls cool taupe, but still looks nice. It's not grey, so don't think E.T., like the alien.

If you find colors like You Don't Know Jacques to be too severe, then try this. The lovely micro shimmer softens the overall look, but does not take away from the edginess of a modern shade. Very work appropriate, too. I had bought Chocolate Moose, and it appeared sallow yellowish brown on my warm skin in warm lighting.... Ugh! But Wooden Shoe is the neutral brown I was searching for. Not too light or dark, perfect for interviews, too. I am almost done with the first bottle and luckily I was able to find a backup online.

on 11/18/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I adore this color. Even in the bottle it caught my eye, I love anything nude on my nails so this was right up my alley. I will say this, if you are a brown girl like me DONT GET IT IN YOUR TOES!!! I made that mistake and it looked not so great. Actually nobody should get this on their toes lol

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/22/2014 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the lift that the slight red tinge gave this but it really just a dark taupe. Good for work but actually a bit dull. I will wear again but I will not repurchase. Took three thin coats to get complete coverage which is not my usual OPI experience. Good quality, great chunky bottle with good brush.

on 7/17/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Idk if a bottle i got is the bad one or what but the formula is suck. It dries very slow and lack of shine.In low light it looks like a flat brown polish. I wish the shimmer is more obvious. The color is pretty tho.

on 4/19/2014 10:23:00 AM

Gorgeous color. I've been wanting to try out a dark nail colour for ages but have never been brave enough until I saw this one. I normally prefer feminine/girly colours. As soon as I put this on I loved it. Its darker than my usual tones of pinks but it is still very feminine. I think its a real chic colour and I'll be wearing it a lot during autumn and winter. I've looked at other dark colours sine buying this and none seem to have the same appeal.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely stunning shade, a universal taupe-brown flattering all skintones.
Great formula, strak free.
Long lasting.
Absolutely a must-have!!!

on 9/23/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A beautiful brown, with a subtle shimmer. It may look kinda gross in the bottle, but once it's on your nails - its super pretty :)

on 3/3/2013 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After much deliberation over which colour would be my next OPI purchase, Wooden Shoe Like to Know was one of them. I was actually delighted when the bottle arrived, it looked like a mushroomy milk chocolate colour with tiny bronze shimmering particle in it. Once it was on my nails it didn't disappoint.

The application was smooth, and after two coats it looked perfect. It also weared really well, i had it one for 4 or 5 days with it still looking relatively good.

I have been really pleased with this purchase, and would highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This nail polish is very ugly and muddy in the bottle. Like a medium chocolate brown, leaning kinda pink, with a fugly shimmer in it. On the nails, however, it's very pretty; a darker chocolate brown which sometimes has a wooden look to it. The shimmer becomes very subtle and the color looks rather good against my fair, cool toned skin.
Application is easy and it's perfect in two coats. Actually, you could get away with one thick coat only. Drying time is decent.
I'm not exactly a brown nail polish fan, so I just wanted to have one in my stash, just in case I feel like wearing it, and I'm glad I picked "Wooden Shoe Like To Know?". I hope OPI doesn't discontinue it, as it's the best brown shade I've seen so far.

Sadly, I had to edit this review... I don't really like wearing top coat, so I usually choose nail polishes that are quite glossy on their on. Well, this one isn't. Without the top coat, it looks very flat and weird, and the shimmer makes this impression even worse. Besides, on the very first day I already got lots of tipwear and no matter how much I fixed them, they always came back.
It's still a lovely polish I'd recommend to anyone, though, as its problems can be easily fixed by applying a topcoat.

I have never been drawn to the brown nail polishes - until now. I first saw this on one of the nail blogs as a swatch and knew I had to have it. Bought it today (along with a number of other OPI polishes - my latest obsession - lol!). I have it on now and absolutely love it! It's the perfect shade of brown - not too dark. In certain light it looks like a cream, in other light, you can see the little gold micro shimmer in it which is very pretty. And in other light, it looks like there's chocolate on my fingertips. lol! I can see myself wearing this throughout the fall and winter months ahead...

Popular Polishes