3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

This is my second time purchasing this because I needed something with SPF for when I'm in a real rush with no time for layering products. For me this would get much better reviews if it was marked as a tinted moisturiser. I think people looking to try a new foundation, who are used to things like double wear, mac products or any other high end brands for that matter will be disappointed. This is great for those who don't want to look like they are wearing foundation but want some evenness. This would be great for school or work. I wouldn't wear this to any fancy event. The lightest shade of the two ivories ‘im pure for sure’ is a mac nc 15 i would say. I have oily skin but as im wearing it to look like skin i dont mind the oiliness. For flawless skin go elsewhere. I just add a bit of hoola light to warm up edges of my face and as that is matte it works great.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

a year ago

Definitely not wowed. It doesn't look that great on the skin from the beginning. I did not find that it looked natural on the skin at all. The wear was not that great. My skin starts to look greasy within an hour of applying and by 3-4 hours the foundation is starting to break up a bit. At the 5 hour mark, it just does not look good. There are not too many shades to choose from so I ended up choosing the shade Beige I'm all the rage. Anything else was too dark or too light. If you have normal skin to dry skin it will probably work better on you but I think you can absolutely find a drugstore option that can give you better results.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

a year ago

I went out shopping for makeup with my daughter before just before Christmas. I’ve never purchased Benefit Cosmetics before but she tried on some really nice Benefit powder foundations and I ended up getting a small sample of this liquid foundation in Ivory: Believe in Me from Boots. The colour match was a complete slam dunk. Despite temperate days in England with lots of misty weather, my skin can feel very dry and this foundation is very dewy and moisturizing. I have way too many half-used up foundations so I didn’t really need another one. But define need. I decided the “Benefit” outweighed the risk. Hello Flawless has a great delivery system with a plastic container that was easy to throw into a handbag plus the colour and texture were great so I talked myself into the purchase. I was afraid I was a bit hasty but it’s now my favourite foundation. I’ve used it straight out of the bottle without any primer or moisturizer but on days when my skin is dry, I pop on some moisturizer with SPF and put a layer of the Hello Flawless over it. I can see how it would be too dewy for some skin types. It’s also not a heavy foundation and it won’t cover major flaws but I was looking for something that was a cross between a TM and a foundation and this one is perfect. Good wearability. The colour just gets more natural as the day goes on. I’d give it 4.5 right now and a 5 if it doesn’t break me out.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

This is one of the first foundations I used up entirely. The shade toasted beige is dark for me but works for me in summer when I'm more tan. I gives me a natural looking dewy finish and lasts quite well after finishing with a powder and spray. Not HG, but quite good nonetheless!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I’m shocked this foundation has such a low score. It’s sitting up there with my other HG foundation, NARS luminous. I bought this to try out when I do makeup for mature age skin (mua) for weddings, for women wanting a very natural look. I’m impressed. Incredibly staying power obv when used with a good primer and setting powder, still leaves a dewy finish and looks flawless but natural. Love it!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I have mixed feelings for this. The good thing is that the foundation looks undetectable on the skin. It just looks like your real drewy skin. It is silicon-based, so it glides over your pores and gives you an airbrushed poreless finished. It never breaks apart and looks cakey. Great. But it has zero oil-control ability. I have combination to oily skin, and it (on its own)makes me oilier than usual. The other con is that it's not transfer-proof. No matter how you powder it, it won't set, making it very awkward with your boyfriend's white T-shirt_(:⁍」∠)_

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

2 years ago

I have dry skin. Immediately when I applied this foundation I was like daamn, this is wet. It never set on my face and it just seemed to get shinier the longer I wore it sooo, I went in with a setting powder and then a hydrating spray. Definitely helped set the foundation and gave it a matte finish. Could also be because my skin is dry so powder just always looks matte. I hate using a setting powder with my face because it ends up looks so so dull. So my over all opinion is "EH". There is better foundation but if you have a good setting powder and want spf I'd say get a sample and give it a try!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

I love Benefit's Hello Flawless powder, so I assumed I would love this foundation. Definitely do not love. The shade range is quite awful--I'm an NC 20 and went with Plush & Precious Petal, but I do find that it oxidizes and never fully "sets." It is beautifully lightweight and gives a light dewy glow. But if you have oily skin, I have found that no matter what primer is used under it, it will always sit on top of the primer like a film, and will separate throughout the day. I have tried to love this foundation during the winter months as well, but sadly with the heat & humidity where I live, it is just not an option for me. It offers light to medium coverage, is not buildable, and wears more like a BB cream. If you have drier/clear skin and are looking for a lightweight, everyday foundation, this may be a good option. Sadly, for my skintype and issues, it did not work.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

2 years ago

I purchased this foundation since I was needing something more lightweight for daily wear, and this foundation ended up being perfect. It feels lightweight on the skin, similar to a BB cream, but still gives great coverage, which I love. I apply it with a damp beauty blender, then add some highlight above my cheekbones, and it seriously makes me glow. It has a more dewy finish, so it would not be ideal for those with oily skin. I have found a new staple in my makeup bag and will be repurchasing.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

My skin is oily during the summer and combination during winter/autumn/spring. This foundation is quite greasy which can be annoying and the lightest shades aren't very pale (lightest shade can become quite orangey during the day), but apart from that the foundation is nice, it doesn't settle in dry patches or enhance any lines. Its quite pretty but definitely not perfect.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral