BeneFit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

BeneFit Cosmetics

Active Ingredients / Ingredients Actifs : Octinoxate 5.49 %, Titanium Dioxide 2.37 %. Other Ingredients / Autres: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone,Isododecane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Pentylene Glycol, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Prolinamidoethyl Imidazole, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, BHT. [+/- : CI 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dixoide)].

I was given this product from one of my friends for a birthday present and I couldn't wait to try it. I have oily combination skin which is very acne prone. So I am very picky when it comes to wearing foundation. However this one is AMAZING. It gives me a great coverage with out looking cakey and doesn't clog my pores or breakouts. It is very easy to blend and looks very natural and gives a very brightening affect on your skin.

100% LOVE

on 10/18/2016 11:01:00 AM

I bought it because Lisa Eldridge was recommending it in one of her videos, and have been using it on and off for more than a year. It is very simple to use, good packaging and everything. But it's a bit too heavy on the face, and sticky, and actually makes pores appear larger....I also think it's responsible, partly at least, for my skin's excessive production of oil. Definitely not the best choice one could make!

To Read all 481 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/10/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Have been hunting for a good foundation with SPF to use on a regular basis that I can buy at the drugstore. This was one of the few I could find (in Canada) that had an SPF number directly on it. This foundation is sort of middle of the road in terms of price - not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. I have very dry, sensitive, pale skin with lots of pink undertones.

- the bottle lasted me through a good six months of mostly daily use
- product generally gave a nice matte finish without being cakey during a humid summer
- colour was just dark enough for my very pale but summer-tanned skin
- good coverage of natural redness in cheeks

- no matter how much moisturizer I put on (experimented with both underneath and on top), this product would dry out some section of my face, to the point of flaking
- the flaking often took awhile, so I would leave home flawless and look like I'd rolled in shredded coconut an hour later

While I did make sure to use all of it up before buying something else, I can't imagine wearing this foundation in the colder/drier months and will not be purchasing it again.

I think this is a really great foundation for dry skin particularly. It's medium coverage with a natural looking dewy finish. It covers redness reasonably well. It's creamy and feels nice on the skin. It's quite expensive but a little seems to go quite far. However, the colour range is fairly limited and I've heard that it does not work well for anyone with oily skin.

on 9/19/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Coverage : light to medium with one coat.

Texture : thin and creamy at the same time. Really easy to apply.

Finish : I get a luminous / dewy finish with this foundation which I love BUT it’s not suitable for my combo skin, I get oily after few hours and the foundation seems to become heavier.

Shades : there is really great shades for yellow undertones like me. I’m around NC 43,5 in Mac and I have this in Toasted beige which is just a bit too light (really similar to MUFE HD 153) but since the undertone is so perfect, I don’t mind. I can easily warm it with a setting powder (which I have to use anyway with this luminous foundation).

I won’t buy it in the future because it makes too greasy.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Good: Good staying power and coverage, only 2 pumps needed to cover the whole face. Nice range of shades present,

Bad: a bit too expensive for what you get,

I was looking for a medium coverage foundation and the SA at the store recommended this in Petal. I did not quite like this as it made my T-zone looked extra oily after several hours and the foundation would slide off if I did not set it with powder. Application wise was not too bad - I use the beauty blender or my fingers, both works fine!

The thing I really liked about this foundation was the packaging! Super easy and fuss free!

on 8/28/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very very very oily skin and wearing this made me a little oilier if I didn't put any press power over it. I got the the shade "I'm all the rage" beige. It matched my skin perfectly. PROS- • matched my skin perfectly. • might give you a glow. • has a pump. • every time you pump some product out, there's this thing that will push up all the product at the bottom so you won't waste any product. CONS- • made me oily. • not the best for the summer. • smells like sun screen (only if you sniff the bottle, you can't really smell it if it's on your face,) TIPS- • I like applying this with a damp beauty blender or a dupe not all of us are rich like King Kylie. • blend down to the neck. • use a primer ( just my personal preference ) *Note* I'm not a professional makeup artist I'm actually 13.

on 8/21/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin is oily and I got a sample of this in August. It has a dewy finish with a light to medium coverage. It did not irritate my skin, did not migrate or rub off. For me, it was a nice foundation but I would not wear this foundation in the summer. I think, for me, this foundation would be good in the cold, winter months when my skin is drier. It is quite dry where I live and in the winter months it's worse. This foundation is quite expensive ($47 CAD) for what you get really. I might try it in the winter but that price is quite steep. I don't mind paying for a quality product but it better be spectacular. My recommendation is to always get a sample before you buy. Everyone's skin is so different.

having enjoyed their palest powder version of this (i'm pure 4 sure ivory) during previous summers when i had a bit more color, i recently decided to give the liquid formulation a few tries. thankfully i did not purchase a bottle of this product; to Benefit's credit they did give out a sample of this (at least here in the UK, not sure about back home in the USA.)

my initial attraction to this liquid foundation was the fact it has SPF 25 and it was boasted as being lightweight. i should have known right then and there that, for the price point, one cannot put a sun protection factor over 20 in a liquid formulation without some heaviness, potential pore-clogging, and irritation (depending on the sun protection ingredients used in the product, of course.)

after 4 separate occasions of trying to wear this foundation, and getting painful cysts beneath the skin the morning after a day of wear, i've come to realise that for my combination sensitive skin, this product is more trouble than it's worth. normally i never get anything remotely close to acne under or around my eyes but this one gave me a spot 1/2 an inch beneath my right eye. no other product has ever done that to me.

on to wear: it depends on how you apply it, the formula is very slick. if you want a dewy look this will definitely provide one. based on my experimental experiences, i'd suggest using a primer as it as a tendency to migrate and melt off the face. a setting powder used over this is superfluous in my opinion, best to anchor this down with a primer than a setting powder. it does oxidise as well, something the powder version of Hello Flawless never did on me. i find applying powder products over this to be troublesome - this foundation never really "sets" so when applying things like blush, liner, or some brow products it felt like trying to use watercolors over a fresh acrylic painting. just a mess. expect it to migrate (even with a primer) unless you keep your face stone-cold expressionless all day. regular facial movements and expressions will create cracks in the foundation that you will need to re-blend throughout wear.

i'd recommend "i'm pure 4 sure ivory" to people with normal, tolerant skin that need/prefer yellow undertones to their foundation. if you have redness, the yellow undertone in this particular shade will even that out. in my case the yellow undertone was so dominant it made me look jaundiced, like i had liver failure - it's clearly quite heavily pigmented. the coverage is medium to full-ish, and i'm sure can be sheered out or built up depending on application method (though i shudder to think what it would feel like wearing more than one layer of this on your face - one layer made me beyond uncomfortable and it transferred to my hair when the wind blew. not my best look!)

unfortunately, just as with the powder (which i love but cannot wear anymore) i'm so pale that even this, their lightest shade, was far too dark on me (despite the sales associates claims that it would be a "perfect" for my skin tone.) for reference i'm an "N3" in MAC Studiofix powder+foundation / "Alabaster" in Bobbi Brown foundation / "Siberia" in Nars foundation - that type of pale. if you fall in to the spectrum of these shades as well, i would not suggest any of the powder or liquid foundations from the Benefit line; their palest offerings run too dark and oxidise, exacerbating the problem.

on a positive note, despite the strikingly obvious shade issue (and resulting painful breakouts) i will say that it made my face look gorgeous for the first hour of wear. if your skin is tolerant to most cosmetics/chemical sunscreens, and they make a shade match for you in this foundation range, this is a pretty affordable liquid foundation that requires very little to do the job, has a decent sun protection factor included, will give you a "glow" (you won't need highlighters anywhere with this stuff), that comes in hygienic packaging.