BeneFit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

BeneFit Cosmetics

3.0

Active Ingredients / Ingredients Actifs : Octinoxate 5.49 %, Titanium Dioxide 2.37 %. Other Ingredients / Autres: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone,Isododecane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Pentylene Glycol, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Prolinamidoethyl Imidazole, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, BHT. [+/- : CI 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dixoide)].

on 8/21/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin is oily and I got a sample of this in August. It has a dewy finish with a light to medium coverage. It did not irritate my skin, did not migrate or rub off. For me, it was a nice foundation but I would not wear this foundation in the summer. I think, for me, this foundation would be good in the cold, winter months when my skin is drier. It is quite dry where I live and in the winter months it's worse. This foundation is quite expensive ($47 CAD) for what you get really. I might try it in the winter but that price is quite steep. I don't mind paying for a quality product but it better be spectacular. My recommendation is to always get a sample before you buy. Everyone's skin is so different.

having enjoyed their palest powder version of this (i'm pure 4 sure ivory) during previous summers when i had a bit more color, i recently decided to give the liquid formulation a few tries. thankfully i did not purchase a bottle of this product; to Benefit's credit they did give out a sample of this (at least here in the UK, not sure about back home in the USA.)

my initial attraction to this liquid foundation was the fact it has SPF 25 and it was boasted as being lightweight. i should have known right then and there that, for the price point, one cannot put a sun protection factor over 20 in a liquid formulation without some heaviness, potential pore-clogging, and irritation (depending on the sun protection ingredients used in the product, of course.)

after 4 separate occasions of trying to wear this foundation, and getting painful cysts beneath the skin the morning after a day of wear, i've come to realise that for my combination sensitive skin, this product is more trouble than it's worth. normally i never get anything remotely close to acne under or around my eyes but this one gave me a spot 1/2 an inch beneath my right eye. no other product has ever done that to me.

on to wear: it depends on how you apply it, the formula is very slick. if you want a dewy look this will definitely provide one. based on my experimental experiences, i'd suggest using a primer as it as a tendency to migrate and melt off the face. a setting powder used over this is superfluous in my opinion, best to anchor this down with a primer than a setting powder. it does oxidise as well, something the powder version of Hello Flawless never did on me. i find applying powder products over this to be troublesome - this foundation never really "sets" so when applying things like blush, liner, or some brow products it felt like trying to use watercolors over a fresh acrylic painting. just a mess. expect it to migrate (even with a primer) unless you keep your face stone-cold expressionless all day. regular facial movements and expressions will create cracks in the foundation that you will need to re-blend throughout wear.

i'd recommend "i'm pure 4 sure ivory" to people with normal, tolerant skin that need/prefer yellow undertones to their foundation. if you have redness, the yellow undertone in this particular shade will even that out. in my case the yellow undertone was so dominant it made me look jaundiced, like i had liver failure - it's clearly quite heavily pigmented. the coverage is medium to full-ish, and i'm sure can be sheered out or built up depending on application method (though i shudder to think what it would feel like wearing more than one layer of this on your face - one layer made me beyond uncomfortable and it transferred to my hair when the wind blew. not my best look!)

unfortunately, just as with the powder (which i love but cannot wear anymore) i'm so pale that even this, their lightest shade, was far too dark on me (despite the sales associates claims that it would be a "perfect" for my skin tone.) for reference i'm an "N3" in MAC Studiofix powder+foundation / "Alabaster" in Bobbi Brown foundation / "Siberia" in Nars foundation - that type of pale. if you fall in to the spectrum of these shades as well, i would not suggest any of the powder or liquid foundations from the Benefit line; their palest offerings run too dark and oxidise, exacerbating the problem.

on a positive note, despite the strikingly obvious shade issue (and resulting painful breakouts) i will say that it made my face look gorgeous for the first hour of wear. if your skin is tolerant to most cosmetics/chemical sunscreens, and they make a shade match for you in this foundation range, this is a pretty affordable liquid foundation that requires very little to do the job, has a decent sun protection factor included, will give you a "glow" (you won't need highlighters anywhere with this stuff), that comes in hygienic packaging.

To Read all 473 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have lighter skin I do not recommend this foundation. I bought the shade Petal and it was SO dark and orange. The foundation is awful. Coverage is light (which was ok with me BUT I was looking for med coverage when I bought this) and it made my skin look oily despite its "oil-free formula." It kinda slides around on your skin also...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I think it's important to note what kind of foundation this is / which category it fits in as a foundation to be able to give it a fair review. Just a little note: I bought this on impulse, without prior research or hearing anything about it. I just saw it on the benefit counter, swatched it, and fell in love. I bought it immediately.

I'll be honest though. I was very disappointed with this in the beginning...mostly because I expected it to be a fancy medium-full coverage, flawless foundation for your "big days." But after a few days of wear, I realised it's something else completely. The coverage is light-medium, i thought it was too dewy, and it didn't make my face look "made-up" enough when I used it for an event at the time to test it out.

So reality did not meet expectations and I wanted to cry. But since it was so expensive, I was determined to finish it up still - I wore this everyday to work for a month in place of my Ellana mineral foundation...that's when I started to see the beauty of this product.

I realised this wasn't meant to completely hide and conceal problem areas of your face to create a pristine "mask" for the rest of your makeup. It's not the foundation for a full face of makeup. It's not meant to be your go-to foundation for that "made-up look." It's simply meant to make your skin look better. Healthier. Younger. More radiant... making it perfect for everyday wear. Sure you can still see bit of post-acne marks on my skin when I use this but because of the weightless texture, finish, and how it sits on your skin - I'm not quite sure how to explain it but it makes me look somewhat "blooming" everytime.

One day I misplaced it and realised how much I actually preferred it over my usual "daily" foundation - I went to work very late because I was searching everywhere for it!!! LOL. Will definitely repurchase :)

This foundation really is bad - I used to work at benefit and hated it so much! It falls off really quickly. We'd have customers try it, buy it, then come back saying it stayed on for about half an hour so they wanted a refund.

It seems like it worked for some people, so maybe it's just people with skin like me that can't get on with it. To be honest, I'm not hugely into liquid foundations anyway :)

I got this today and I regret It a lot I have put it on ebay.
It's absolutely rubbish and a waste of £26 it's not at all flawless and it gets cakey.
Don't but it.

i dont like this product. the coverage is low. the packaging looks so cheap and its so expensive.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i really love the product . it feels super light on my face and it cover my spot and acne

on 4/19/2016 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love Benefit Cosmetics and own a large amount of their products. I bought this foundation mainly because of the word "oxygen" in the title, thinking it would be good for my dry skin. I was right! I'm a big fan of liquid foundations and I was very impressed with this one. I would consider it light to medium coverage which some people may not be happy with but it covers any redness I have pretty well. I use a damp Beauty Blender to apply it and it never dries out my skin. Definitely recommend!

on 4/17/2016 10:43:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation, since I LOVE the Hello Flawless powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin. This foundation goes on slick, and I didn't care for the oily feel of it. It dried, however, and did not feel oily after a few minutes. It left a dewy, lol, almost sparkly finish to my skin! The coverage was just OK; I had to add concealer. It did blur minor imperfections, however, it only lasted a few hours before I needed a touch-up. It does not claim to be long-wearing, but I thought that for the price, it would last all day. I would not buy this again, but I do love the powder foundation.