wet n wild Wet Cement

Wet CementWet Cement

4.6

on 6/22/2012 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought Sonia Kashuk polish in Tauped, but I was disappointed that dry on the nails it didn't maintain the bottle color -- went browner and darker. I tried Wet Cement instead and like it much better. It's a great formula that goes on exactly where I want it and levels like a dream, not thick or watery, perfect. I got opaque bottle color in two coats and it dried quickly and lasted well on my hell-on-manicure hands. The wide brush would be a mess with any polish formula that's not as nice as this, but because the formula is so easy to work with it's fine, and personally I find the wide curved tip of the brush to be perfect for painting up to my cuticles without smearing them. The tapered bottle cap is a really comfortable brush handle to use.

Wet Cement is not as true a gray as the name suggests; it's a neutral pale browny-purple taupe that goes with a lot of things and isn't too dark or too light. It holds the same color well between inside and outside light.

on 9/4/2012 6:26:00 PM

I'm obsessed with this line of nail polishes right now. I love them all. Wet Cement is a purpley greige, with maybe a little brownishness to it, on the darker side of the greys. These greiges and taupes have been popular for a while so there are tons of dupes and it's not the most unique of any of them but it's pretty and neutral and it''s 2 bucks.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this polish. It's a pretty, rich greige colour, and I love the wide brush, it makes for a really easy, even application. My only complaint was that the colour was not totally opaque after two coats (on top of a clear basecoat) and needed a third coat of colour, which I generally try to avoid, but this polish dried really fast and it was easy to control how thick or thin of a layer was applied, so it ended up not being much of a drawback. I've previously purchased I Need a Refresh-Mint from this line, which stained my nails, so I've been reluctant to try any of the other colours, but I think I will now since the Wet Cement is so lovely!

on 11/3/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a really good dupe for the China Glaze nail polish in Below Deck, and its so much cheaper! I saw this nail polish in Walmart for about two dollars and thought I would take a chance on it! It turns out I really I love the Wet 'n' Wild Megalast nail polishes. The brush and the consistency are really great! I hope they come out with more colours!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went out and bought a full-sized bottle of this after getting a mini in a $1 holiday set. I love this shade - a mauve brown taupe cream. I find it to be work-appropriate, but still interesting. The grey tones don't clash with my warm skin tone. Looks less grey and more neutral/purple with one coat, but you will probably need two coats to get an even application. The formula is just okay - can be a little thick, and streaks up if it's not completely dry, which can take some time - but I'm willing to have to deal with that in exchange for a unique but wearable shade at a low price.

on 11/17/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this stuff. I got it for only $1.99 US at either CVS or Jewel. It's a perfect cool cocoa-gray (slightly purple in some lighting), great with my skin tone and wardrobe. The finish is just slightly glossy. I apply two coats for the saturation I like. I wore this for nearly a week without any chipping or fading, and the flat brush makes it easy to apply. A steal!

on 2/20/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like all colors in the Megalast nail line - this one is amazing as well. Every time I put on polish from WnW's megalast line - I always say, "This formula is fricken amazing." It applied so easily, no bleeding onto my cuticles - and this color, Wet Cement - is very beautiful. I thought it might be like my other taupe/greige colors, but it's not. It leans more purple on my skin tone vs. brown. Love it. Doing tons of typing at work - and still chip free. I wish I could find these in store and buy all the colors. They are hard to find.

Popular Polishes