wet n wild Wet Cement

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/15/2014 12:35:00 AM

First of all, this does NOT look like "wet cement." I somehow thought that this would be a lighter, more taupe colour, given that, if you actually see it, in person, it DOES look lighter in the bottle and somewhat more like "wet cement."
Secondly, that's not REALLY a complaint because, in one coat to smooth opaque, over a base coat of butter LONDON, this came out to a smooth chocolate like brown which, although a little taupe, looks a WHOLE lot like my SpaRitual "Death By Chocolate" at $10 a bottle cheaper. This is EXTREMELY pigmented (which I didn't expect in the $1.99 a bottle price range).
LOVE the colour. LOVE the shine. LOVE the wide brush, virtually streak proof application. Fairly fast drying (Well, I used Seche Vite as I was in a hurry but one coat seemed dry in about 10 minutes)
Wasn't sure I'd need a topcoat but I am DEATH on manicures and pedicures so I put a Seche Viche Top Coat over it. A WEEK later I see no chips (WHOA?) Now, I was laid up two days with the flu, but still, I was active for 5 days and most manis are down in 3 days on me (chip city on the ends).
And this is 3 Free, just like the more expensive brands (of course, I kind of kill that with the Seche Vite but it's actually my most bullet proof fastest drying top coat so, if I am in a hurry, I go for it.)
I see this as more of a pedi colour during the summer (given that it is so dark on me) but a definite for Fall and Winter wear. And I will be buying more.

Gorgeous taupe creme nail color. 2 coats and it is opaque and lasts just as long as any of my OPI or Essie polishes. I hope they create some more sophisticated colors in the line because it is beautiful and I love the brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with this formula and brush and decided to buy this color even though I already have it in another off-brand. The formula and the brush are just fabulous. The brush is like a paddle and is fairly wide. You could do a thing where you stroke once and your pinky nail is done. If you have narrower nails you may have trouble. But, really, the formula is the perfect consistency of being thin enough to work with but thick enough that it levels itself out and looks smooth. So I work with the wide paddle brush to cover my nails completely and it works just fine. I always use base coat and top coat and love the results. This is very on-trend gray/taupe/purple color. I get tons of compliments on it wherever I go! I love that i dont have to worry about what colors im wearing with this polish because it really goes with everything. i can wear red, pinks, purples, etc. and the polish never clashes. It is slightly edgy in my conservative work environment. Two coats is good, and depending on thickness, a third coat can be helpful. Love love and have been wearing almost continuously.

on 3/23/2017 6:09:00 PM

Wet Cement is a part of W'n'W's Megalast range. It's a taupe, cream polish.

I love Megalast range, as these polishes come with ManiCurve Pro Brush, which are wide and rounded, making it easy to get around the edges cleanly and cover the nail in a couple of strokes.

Unfortunately, this colour didn't work for me - it looked too brown and unflattering. But, I thought the formula was great - I had a perfect coverage in 2 coats. I wouldn't be repurchasing Wet Cement, but I wouldn't hesitate getting more Megalast polishes.

Popular Polishes