wet n wild Wet Cement

wet n wild Wet Cement
Wet CementWet Cement

on 11/17/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this stuff. I got it for only $1.99 US at either CVS or Jewel. It's a perfect cool cocoa-gray (slightly purple in some lighting), great with my skin tone and wardrobe. The finish is just slightly glossy. I apply two coats for the saturation I like. I wore this for nearly a week without any chipping or fading, and the flat brush makes it easy to apply. A steal!

on 4/15/2014 12:35:00 AM

First of all, this does NOT look like "wet cement." I somehow thought that this would be a lighter, more taupe colour, given that, if you actually see it, in person, it DOES look lighter in the bottle and somewhat more like "wet cement."
Secondly, that's not REALLY a complaint because, in one coat to smooth opaque, over a base coat of butter LONDON, this came out to a smooth chocolate like brown which, although a little taupe, looks a WHOLE lot like my SpaRitual "Death By Chocolate" at $10 a bottle cheaper. This is EXTREMELY pigmented (which I didn't expect in the $1.99 a bottle price range).
LOVE the colour. LOVE the shine. LOVE the wide brush, virtually streak proof application. Fairly fast drying (Well, I used Seche Vite as I was in a hurry but one coat seemed dry in about 10 minutes)
Wasn't sure I'd need a topcoat but I am DEATH on manicures and pedicures so I put a Seche Viche Top Coat over it. A WEEK later I see no chips (WHOA?) Now, I was laid up two days with the flu, but still, I was active for 5 days and most manis are down in 3 days on me (chip city on the ends).
And this is 3 Free, just like the more expensive brands (of course, I kind of kill that with the Seche Vite but it's actually my most bullet proof fastest drying top coat so, if I am in a hurry, I go for it.)
I see this as more of a pedi colour during the summer (given that it is so dark on me) but a definite for Fall and Winter wear. And I will be buying more.