wet n wild Wet Cement

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/23/2017 6:09:00 PM

Wet Cement is a part of W'n'W's Megalast range. It's a taupe, cream polish.

I love Megalast range, as these polishes come with ManiCurve Pro Brush, which are wide and rounded, making it easy to get around the edges cleanly and cover the nail in a couple of strokes.

Unfortunately, this colour didn't work for me - it looked too brown and unflattering. But, I thought the formula was great - I had a perfect coverage in 2 coats. I wouldn't be repurchasing Wet Cement, but I wouldn't hesitate getting more Megalast polishes.

on 2/20/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like all colors in the Megalast nail line - this one is amazing as well. Every time I put on polish from WnW's megalast line - I always say, "This formula is fricken amazing." It applied so easily, no bleeding onto my cuticles - and this color, Wet Cement - is very beautiful. I thought it might be like my other taupe/greige colors, but it's not. It leans more purple on my skin tone vs. brown. Love it. Doing tons of typing at work - and still chip free. I wish I could find these in store and buy all the colors. They are hard to find.

on 10/23/2015 2:56:00 PM

Love this color for fall! Like the wide brush (pro brush) as it is easy to apply. Seems to last as long as other colors in the megalast line. The price is great at $1.99 ... got mine on sale for 1.19 at rite aid. Happy Fall everyone 😊🍂🍁

on 12/19/2012 4:24:00 PM

I had high hopes for this nail polish but unfortunately it fell short of my expectations. The color itself is interesting but the quality is not there. I put on two coats but the color did not even out with the second application; it's very thin and cheap looking. On the plus side it dries very quickly. Me personally - I would rather shell out a few more bucks for a more quality polish.

on 8/30/2012 10:23:00 AM

This is my favorite polish right now. It's the perfect strike between a nude polish and a dark grey polish. Whether it be on my fingers or toes, I always get compliments on this shade. It instantly ups up the classiness of any look and makes you look really polished. I really enjoy this line of Wet n' Wild polishes, the brush is thick and wide so just one to two strokes is enough for full non-streaky application. I can't really speak of the staying power of this alone as I always use my Seche Vite top coat!! (which makes it look super shiny and clean)

Gorgeous taupe creme nail color. 2 coats and it is opaque and lasts just as long as any of my OPI or Essie polishes. I hope they create some more sophisticated colors in the line because it is beautiful and I love the brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with this formula and brush and decided to buy this color even though I already have it in another off-brand. The formula and the brush are just fabulous. The brush is like a paddle and is fairly wide. You could do a thing where you stroke once and your pinky nail is done. If you have narrower nails you may have trouble. But, really, the formula is the perfect consistency of being thin enough to work with but thick enough that it levels itself out and looks smooth. So I work with the wide paddle brush to cover my nails completely and it works just fine. I always use base coat and top coat and love the results. This is very on-trend gray/taupe/purple color. I get tons of compliments on it wherever I go! I love that i dont have to worry about what colors im wearing with this polish because it really goes with everything. i can wear red, pinks, purples, etc. and the polish never clashes. It is slightly edgy in my conservative work environment. Two coats is good, and depending on thickness, a third coat can be helpful. Love love and have been wearing almost continuously.

on 6/22/2012 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought Sonia Kashuk polish in Tauped, but I was disappointed that dry on the nails it didn't maintain the bottle color -- went browner and darker. I tried Wet Cement instead and like it much better. It's a great formula that goes on exactly where I want it and levels like a dream, not thick or watery, perfect. I got opaque bottle color in two coats and it dried quickly and lasted well on my hell-on-manicure hands. The wide brush would be a mess with any polish formula that's not as nice as this, but because the formula is so easy to work with it's fine, and personally I find the wide curved tip of the brush to be perfect for painting up to my cuticles without smearing them. The tapered bottle cap is a really comfortable brush handle to use.

Wet Cement is not as true a gray as the name suggests; it's a neutral pale browny-purple taupe that goes with a lot of things and isn't too dark or too light. It holds the same color well between inside and outside light.

on 3/8/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

nice opaque gray in two coats.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a great "greige" polish. Prior to this, my fave was OPI YDKJ. This is $1.99, has a better brush, and better staying power than the OPI. These new WnW polishes are really amazing. They last for a long time, don't chip, and have a great wide brush that makes application very easy. This color may be more red- toned than some other greige polishes, which is not my preference, but I enjoy the easy application, staying power, and price do much that I'm overlooking this!

Popular Polishes