Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

3.6

on 9/24/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Hmm, this is an unusual one. I expected an oriental mixture of coffee and roses but I don't get any of that. The opening is intensely green but not bitter, I'd say completely neutral in terms of sweetness and quite fresh. Surely not contemporary though, could by an early '90s scent by Clinique or Kenzo.
The angelica, magnolia and mandarin are noticeable. Then the roses slowly start to blossom, they are red and velvety. I tried hard to detect the coffee and it might be there but either is just a hint or I'm imagining things. Everything is really well blended, the woods really take over the drydown and last!
Quite an interesting fragrance but wouldn't recommend blind buying.

on 2/14/2006 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know very much about the notes that make up perfumes, so I can't get too technical in my review...however I had to rate this perfume because it's my all-time favorite. I smelt it for the first time on a sample card in a magazine and got it for christmas two years ago. The gold bottle it so pretty and the perfume, I cannot do it justice. I recommend that you try this out for yourself if you are looking for something sensual, not really flirty. This perfume is wonderful.

UPDATE: 2012- This is still my all time favorite perfume. 6 years later. I have never had any of the 'coffee' scents that others have noted. It's not fruity or foody. It smells very appropriate for a 20s women (which I am). This is nothing at all like red door or donna karen or anything heavy which I'd imagine an older person would be used to. Also; I can only order this from amazon. I don't see it sold in stores :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This fragrance is so beautiful and haunting, best suited for fall or winter weather IMHO. It's what I would consider on the borderline between green floral and gourmand, the same type of fragrance that Noa by Cacharel is. It has a green note (Angelica) which I love, and is centered around a rose heart, with a distinct coffee absolute note that provides an wonderful gourmand character, along with the vanilla. The cedar is very evident in the base; it combines well with the coffee and the angelica, rose and vanilla. I can't stop smelling my wrist, it's that good. I tend to like fragrances that not everyone does; but I like what works for me. This does.
The bottle is absolutely stunning, it will be the prettiest one I have now, and that says a lot.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Cute little eggshaped bottle, but wasn't crazy about this. I don't smell the vanilla or coffee in this, which I would hoping would be predominant. The dry down smells like Burberry London on me, which I'm not fond of at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I probably wouldn't have paid full price for this, but I'm certainly glad that I own it. I hate the scent of coffee, but for some reason, this really works on my skin. The coffee is there, but L'Or does not smell *like* coffee. It is a great, easy to wear floriental. Update- this has ended up not working out for me at all. It's just too floral for me. I wish it had more coffee/spices and less flowers.

on 9/9/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, nice right outta the bottle. Real nice. But it's schizophrenic to me...like a creamsicle pop, can't commit to fruit, can't commit to cream.

Poor thing. I enjoyed the smellfest but wouldn't want this full-time.

on 2/1/2004 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely, somewhat unusual scent--on me, it is not just another spicy oriental, though it definitely is in that family. There is a cafe-au-lait/caramel note to the fragrance, though not too sweet. Very nice, and the packaging is just lovely.

Popular Fragrances