Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.8

on 12/20/2012 8:37:00 PM

I have worn this almost exclusively for 11 years. I found it first in London when it was first introduced. I am devastated to find it is discontinued. On the the fragrance is perfect. Strangers stop me to ask what scent I am wearing. I have 6-8 bottles stockpiled in a cool dark place. I don't know what I am gong to do when I can no longer obtain it. I keep checking on a weekly basis to see what I can find. I may try Amazon UK to see what they might have. It definitely my signature fragrance.

on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Tart fruits with light florals over a woody amber base with the merest hint of coffee to keep it from being a fruity floral. It's far lighter than the base notes make it sound. It almost reminds me of Kelly Caleche in that same herbal chamomile tea feel. Light but layered. Very nice, though I won't buy it as it's not my type of thing.

on 5/7/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

[EDP 50ml]
The beautiful bottle attracted me at first sight.
It's Fruity at the begining. Then it goes to honey, vanilla & mocha in a creamy base on me. Sweet, but not too much. The scent brings me happiness. Love it.

on 4/20/2006 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great smelling stuff, rather unique. Coffee and baby roses in a cream base. Comforting and safe.

on 1/8/2005 1:14:00 PM

I don't smell any coffe in this at all. I agree with the reviewer who compares it to Burberry and it also reminds me a little of D&G "Light Blue" but creamier, and also of Joop "All About Eve".

I love the bottle as well!

L'Or smells fruity and sweet when first sprayed on. The blend does have a lot of layers. so it is quiet interesting how it develops on my skin. However, I tried and tried, and cannot smell the coffee part at all.

I would say this sweet scent fits better for night, and the winter.

It lasted about 4 hours on my skin

I LOVE THIS SCENT.. it is all i use now... i don"t like floral scents tooo much >> i enjoy this kind of unusual scent, kinda musky and sweet... with kinda coffee, vanilla, FLAVORS mixed in. the packaging could be better... but it"s what's inside that counts right?

on 6/2/2003 1:05:00 PM

First off I have to say the bottle is amazing, I absolutely love it and if I had no sense at all I'd buy it solely for the bottle. :o)

Some of the notes listed on the perfume emporium site are: pink bays, tangerine, lichee, kiwi, angelica, absolute coffee, cedar on iris, invaluable wood. It has that gourmand quality, the coffee notes, however, did not become apparent on my skin. Oddly enough it starts out smelling like Mira-bai on my skin (could almost swear there was a cassis top note) and smells like Casmir in the the dry down. It's fruity, with vanilla and a hint of woodiness in the base. I'd recommend anyone who likes or is interested in Burberry, Casmir or Mira-bai give this one a sniff. Since I already have those, L'Or is just too similar to justify the expenditure, but that bottle makes it so tempting. ;o)

on 4/6/2003 8:28:00 AM

I didn't care for this scent. It's slightly sweet, with a faint coffee note that I did not care for. It's a bit fruity and while I do typically love fruity scents, this did not appeal to me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Where is my coffee? I was more than a little disapointed in this, I kept expecting the coffee to kick in and add some life, but instead L'Or de Torrente starts off as a fruity, rosey blast...and then quickly dries down to a mix of roses and sweet cream on me. Pretty, light, uncomplicated...and ultimately, uninteresting.

Popular Fragrances