Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.6

on 12/23/2006 9:02:00 AM

I so wanted to get the coffee notes in this scent. The bottle is very pretty, the scent lasts a long time. At first it smells like Hillary Duff's With Love & Avon's Extraordinary, but then it drys down to a powdery rose with woody notes.

on 4/17/2006 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

smells just like Chopard Mira-Bai. Sweet & exotic. I have difficulties describing this scent, but both make me think of mediterranean summers, spanish temperament, spicy oranges, sangria. I don't think it has any of those ingredients though... Summer evening scent I'd say, but I wouldn't wear it.

on 2/14/2006 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know very much about the notes that make up perfumes, so I can't get too technical in my review...however I had to rate this perfume because it's my all-time favorite. I smelt it for the first time on a sample card in a magazine and got it for christmas two years ago. The gold bottle it so pretty and the perfume, I cannot do it justice. I recommend that you try this out for yourself if you are looking for something sensual, not really flirty. This perfume is wonderful.

UPDATE: 2012- This is still my all time favorite perfume. 6 years later. I have never had any of the 'coffee' scents that others have noted. It's not fruity or foody. It smells very appropriate for a 20s women (which I am). This is nothing at all like red door or donna karen or anything heavy which I'd imagine an older person would be used to. Also; I can only order this from amazon. I don't see it sold in stores :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This fragrance is so beautiful and haunting, best suited for fall or winter weather IMHO. It's what I would consider on the borderline between green floral and gourmand, the same type of fragrance that Noa by Cacharel is. It has a green note (Angelica) which I love, and is centered around a rose heart, with a distinct coffee absolute note that provides an wonderful gourmand character, along with the vanilla. The cedar is very evident in the base; it combines well with the coffee and the angelica, rose and vanilla. I can't stop smelling my wrist, it's that good. I tend to like fragrances that not everyone does; but I like what works for me. This does.
The bottle is absolutely stunning, it will be the prettiest one I have now, and that says a lot.

on 9/9/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, nice right outta the bottle. Real nice. But it's schizophrenic to me...like a creamsicle pop, can't commit to fruit, can't commit to cream.

Poor thing. I enjoyed the smellfest but wouldn't want this full-time.

Popular Fragrances