Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Filtered by hair type : Other
 Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.1

L'Or de Torrente is an easy to wear oriental that is suitable for adult women of nearly any age. Not too spicy, not too sweet, comforting & warm, unoffensive. Stays close to the skin. In my opinion, it's a nice "mom" scent to wear around teens & other adults.

I think the rose in L'Or is pretty darn fabulous & unusual. A real pleaser. If only L'Or was about roses, but it's not. L'Or is all about coffee. Every once & awhile I get a whiff of the coffee, which changes character as it drys. But also, once & awhile I am picking up something just a tad astringent like coffee is, but I think it's the cedar. L'Or develops into something like bourbon or dark rum on me before settling into its base, which is weak & bland. A lackluster ending to a nice start.

I like L'Or de Torrente, but not enough to purchase a full bottle or additional products (gels, lotions, etc), which I would need if I decided to add it to my rotation.

on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Tart fruits with light florals over a woody amber base with the merest hint of coffee to keep it from being a fruity floral. It's far lighter than the base notes make it sound. It almost reminds me of Kelly Caleche in that same herbal chamomile tea feel. Light but layered. Very nice, though I won't buy it as it's not my type of thing.

on 8/28/2009 2:07:00 AM

I've read all the reviews and I agree with all of them, yes even the ones that love and hate this. It's a weird perfume and it's one of those that can come off as so different on everyone. Some get mainly coffee, some get no coffee - how can that be possible - it's the same scent?? Anyway, this scent seems to have alot of layers going on and I think what you smell mainly is due to your own chemistry, which explains everyone's different experiences - from rotten eggs, to creamy coffee, to spicy fruits! One thing is agreed though, it has alot of sillage and is very long lasting. And also it reminds me alot of Mira Bai, but this is definetely stronger. It basically opens quite fruity on me (mandarin/kiwi), there are definetely some spices and rose, and a some kind of gourmandy thing going on, but I wouldnt exactly say coffee, I can't really pinpoint it but its some honeyed gourmand concoction. I can (faintly) smell the cedar and woods in the base. I don't get much vanilla either. I can see why this is gag-worthy for some and I believe it is the roses - not just the roses but the way this single scent mingles with the others creates the faintest hint of rotten. I could still wear this though - at night, in winter and just a spray will do.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lately I've been augmenting my supply of this with swapping, because it's so wearable. I've gotten compliments from men ("very fresh smelling") and can wear it to the office without being concerned that people will be put off. The roses in this are very subtle I'd say, and I don't get much powder (I don't like powder).

Another reviewer said this was like Mira Bai, and kind of like Light Blue, which are both in my collection and favorites. If you buy this and don't like it, email me for a swap!

on 1/8/2005 1:14:00 PM

I don't smell any coffe in this at all. I agree with the reviewer who compares it to Burberry and it also reminds me a little of D&G "Light Blue" but creamier, and also of Joop "All About Eve".

I love the bottle as well!

on 6/2/2003 1:05:00 PM

First off I have to say the bottle is amazing, I absolutely love it and if I had no sense at all I'd buy it solely for the bottle. :o)

Some of the notes listed on the perfume emporium site are: pink bays, tangerine, lichee, kiwi, angelica, absolute coffee, cedar on iris, invaluable wood. It has that gourmand quality, the coffee notes, however, did not become apparent on my skin. Oddly enough it starts out smelling like Mira-bai on my skin (could almost swear there was a cassis top note) and smells like Casmir in the the dry down. It's fruity, with vanilla and a hint of woodiness in the base. I'd recommend anyone who likes or is interested in Burberry, Casmir or Mira-bai give this one a sniff. Since I already have those, L'Or is just too similar to justify the expenditure, but that bottle makes it so tempting. ;o)

on 2/8/2003 11:29:00 PM

At first, I thought "Yes! A passionfruit fragrance that doesn't turn acrid on me!" But unfortunately, all I got was passionfruit! Oh, and pencil shavings. No Coffee, no vanilla, no caramel...just passionfruit and pencil shavings! :(

Popular Fragrances