Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.2

on 4/22/2011 9:12:00 PM

I initially bought this because I noticed the notes in the perfume, as well as the gorgeous packaging gift set that I purchased. The perfume is a little sweet, but not too sweet, and I do pick up the coffee scent, although it's more like coffee with cream. Very, very pretty, but does not last long on me even when layered with the body lotion.

on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Tart fruits with light florals over a woody amber base with the merest hint of coffee to keep it from being a fruity floral. It's far lighter than the base notes make it sound. It almost reminds me of Kelly Caleche in that same herbal chamomile tea feel. Light but layered. Very nice, though I won't buy it as it's not my type of thing.

on 7/13/2010 2:24:00 PM

I reviewed this about two years ago, then deleted my review because I thought my bottle might have gone bad--not fair to rate a perfume based on spoiled juice. I'd gotten the dreaded "rotten egg" note others have mentioned. For some reason I tried it again today, and it smells fine. Same bottle. Skin chemistry is strange. I still wouldn't repurchase this, as the rotten eggs might return! It's also a bit too "been there, done that" in spite of the unusual coffee note (it's very faint--I'd love more coffee in this; it's even weaker than the coffee note in Cacharel Noa). It reminds me of both Noa and Tresor--same sweet peachy rose in the heart, deeper than Noa, lighter than Tresor, with Noa's hint of greenness. There's also a lot of Casmir and/or Hanae Mori in the drydown--sweet fruity-florals with synthetic, pencil-shavings-wood notes in the drydown, but L'Or isn't as super-sweet as either of those, and better for year-round wear (though perhaps not on the hottest days). There's a deeper rose note weaving in and out, a lovely winey red rose--I'd love to pluck it out and wear it on my collar!--but it isn't interesting enough to make up for the bland synthetic sweetness.

on 8/28/2009 2:07:00 AM

I've read all the reviews and I agree with all of them, yes even the ones that love and hate this. It's a weird perfume and it's one of those that can come off as so different on everyone. Some get mainly coffee, some get no coffee - how can that be possible - it's the same scent?? Anyway, this scent seems to have alot of layers going on and I think what you smell mainly is due to your own chemistry, which explains everyone's different experiences - from rotten eggs, to creamy coffee, to spicy fruits! One thing is agreed though, it has alot of sillage and is very long lasting. And also it reminds me alot of Mira Bai, but this is definetely stronger. It basically opens quite fruity on me (mandarin/kiwi), there are definetely some spices and rose, and a some kind of gourmandy thing going on, but I wouldnt exactly say coffee, I can't really pinpoint it but its some honeyed gourmand concoction. I can (faintly) smell the cedar and woods in the base. I don't get much vanilla either. I can see why this is gag-worthy for some and I believe it is the roses - not just the roses but the way this single scent mingles with the others creates the faintest hint of rotten. I could still wear this though - at night, in winter and just a spray will do.

on 12/23/2006 9:02:00 AM

I so wanted to get the coffee notes in this scent. The bottle is very pretty, the scent lasts a long time. At first it smells like Hillary Duff's With Love & Avon's Extraordinary, but then it drys down to a powdery rose with woody notes.

on 4/20/2006 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great smelling stuff, rather unique. Coffee and baby roses in a cream base. Comforting and safe.

on 4/17/2006 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

smells just like Chopard Mira-Bai. Sweet & exotic. I have difficulties describing this scent, but both make me think of mediterranean summers, spanish temperament, spicy oranges, sangria. I don't think it has any of those ingredients though... Summer evening scent I'd say, but I wouldn't wear it.

on 2/14/2006 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know very much about the notes that make up perfumes, so I can't get too technical in my review...however I had to rate this perfume because it's my all-time favorite. I smelt it for the first time on a sample card in a magazine and got it for christmas two years ago. The gold bottle it so pretty and the perfume, I cannot do it justice. I recommend that you try this out for yourself if you are looking for something sensual, not really flirty. This perfume is wonderful.

UPDATE: 2012- This is still my all time favorite perfume. 6 years later. I have never had any of the 'coffee' scents that others have noted. It's not fruity or foody. It smells very appropriate for a 20s women (which I am). This is nothing at all like red door or donna karen or anything heavy which I'd imagine an older person would be used to. Also; I can only order this from amazon. I don't see it sold in stores :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I probably wouldn't have paid full price for this, but I'm certainly glad that I own it. I hate the scent of coffee, but for some reason, this really works on my skin. The coffee is there, but L'Or does not smell *like* coffee. It is a great, easy to wear floriental. Update- this has ended up not working out for me at all. It's just too floral for me. I wish it had more coffee/spices and less flowers.

on 9/9/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, nice right outta the bottle. Real nice. But it's schizophrenic to me...like a creamsicle pop, can't commit to fruit, can't commit to cream.

Poor thing. I enjoyed the smellfest but wouldn't want this full-time.

Popular Fragrances