Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

2.7

on 9/24/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Hmm, this is an unusual one. I expected an oriental mixture of coffee and roses but I don't get any of that. The opening is intensely green but not bitter, I'd say completely neutral in terms of sweetness and quite fresh. Surely not contemporary though, could by an early '90s scent by Clinique or Kenzo.
The angelica, magnolia and mandarin are noticeable. Then the roses slowly start to blossom, they are red and velvety. I tried hard to detect the coffee and it might be there but either is just a hint or I'm imagining things. Everything is really well blended, the woods really take over the drydown and last!
Quite an interesting fragrance but wouldn't recommend blind buying.

on 12/28/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

it smelled rather nice in a small testing tube. good thing i did not splurged on it - it smells simply bad out of the bottle. like an old dusty attic full of long stored linens, ripped blankets and broken toys. someone mentioned it reminded them of the grandmother's home. yes, it does and not in a good way. putting it on you too will smell like a very old woman, someone who bought her mink coat sometimes last century.
not the image most of us want to project, n'est pas

on 4/17/2006 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

smells just like Chopard Mira-Bai. Sweet & exotic. I have difficulties describing this scent, but both make me think of mediterranean summers, spanish temperament, spicy oranges, sangria. I don't think it has any of those ingredients though... Summer evening scent I'd say, but I wouldn't wear it.