Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.3

L'Or de Torrente is an easy to wear oriental that is suitable for adult women of nearly any age. Not too spicy, not too sweet, comforting & warm, unoffensive. Stays close to the skin. In my opinion, it's a nice "mom" scent to wear around teens & other adults.

I think the rose in L'Or is pretty darn fabulous & unusual. A real pleaser. If only L'Or was about roses, but it's not. L'Or is all about coffee. Every once & awhile I get a whiff of the coffee, which changes character as it drys. But also, once & awhile I am picking up something just a tad astringent like coffee is, but I think it's the cedar. L'Or develops into something like bourbon or dark rum on me before settling into its base, which is weak & bland. A lackluster ending to a nice start.

I like L'Or de Torrente, but not enough to purchase a full bottle or additional products (gels, lotions, etc), which I would need if I decided to add it to my rotation.

I tested both version, the Eau de Toilette and the Eau de Parfum and all I have to say is: Very different.
EDT: A crisp, fruity concoction without coffee. I gave it away.
EDP: Lovely, feminine, floral, sweet (but not too much) and I can detect the coffee note.

I own so many fragrances I love much more, so this frag is not a must-have, but I can recommend the Eau de Parfum, not the EDT.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lately I've been augmenting my supply of this with swapping, because it's so wearable. I've gotten compliments from men ("very fresh smelling") and can wear it to the office without being concerned that people will be put off. The roses in this are very subtle I'd say, and I don't get much powder (I don't like powder).

Another reviewer said this was like Mira Bai, and kind of like Light Blue, which are both in my collection and favorites. If you buy this and don't like it, email me for a swap!

on 1/8/2005 1:14:00 PM

I don't smell any coffe in this at all. I agree with the reviewer who compares it to Burberry and it also reminds me a little of D&G "Light Blue" but creamier, and also of Joop "All About Eve".

I love the bottle as well!

on 10/18/2004 11:44:00 AM

On me the rose notes were very powerful and long lasting, I kept hoping it would change with the drydown, but it really didn't. Smelled a lot like Grandma's rosewater mixed with Ivory soap. I got none of the musky/coffee notes. Product is *extremely* long lasting. I sprayed it 1x over a week ago and the jacket I was wearing at the time still wreaks of it--even tho I've worn it almost daily since then.

on 3/17/2004 5:13:00 PM

So many thanks to bela for sending me a sample of this scent! I had been intrigued by the scent ever since I saw the beautiful bottle for it. The juice is almost as good as the packaging.

I'm not a huge floriental fan, but this blend of rich roses, coffee, warm florals and something that smells of caramel is just grand. It was warm and feminine without overpowering me (or those around me) at all. Definitely something I will want around to keep me warm in the wintertime. continued >>

on 6/2/2003 1:05:00 PM

First off I have to say the bottle is amazing, I absolutely love it and if I had no sense at all I'd buy it solely for the bottle. :o)

Some of the notes listed on the perfume emporium site are: pink bays, tangerine, lichee, kiwi, angelica, absolute coffee, cedar on iris, invaluable wood. It has that gourmand quality, the coffee notes, however, did not become apparent on my skin. Oddly enough it starts out smelling like Mira-bai on my skin (could almost swear there was a cassis top note) and smells like Casmir in the the dry down. It's fruity, with vanilla and a hint of woodiness in the base. I'd recommend anyone who likes or is interested in Burberry, Casmir or Mira-bai give this one a sniff. Since I already have those, L'Or is just too similar to justify the expenditure, but that bottle makes it so tempting. ;o)

on 2/8/2003 11:29:00 PM

At first, I thought "Yes! A passionfruit fragrance that doesn't turn acrid on me!" But unfortunately, all I got was passionfruit! Oh, and pencil shavings. No Coffee, no vanilla, no caramel...just passionfruit and pencil shavings! :(

Popular Fragrances