Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Filtered by age: 44-55
 Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.7

on 5/10/2009 5:22:00 PM

I was directed to this product after doing a search for something similar to Mira Bai. Even though this does not smell like it at all, it still has the foody/gourmand elements that are appealing to me. This is more floral than expected but very rich foody elements that I love. This is longer lasting than Mira Bai and the sillage is so much better. I think neferttiti's review described my feelings as well.

And the bottle is beautiful!!!

on 2/9/2003 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading Pilpul's lyrical review and noting the laudatory commentary on the MUA message board and in a recent LA Times magazine article, I had to try L'Or de Torrente. I rushed over to Nordstrom in the middle of lunchtime like a crazed harridan. Unfortunately, my hurried trip seemed ill-fated, because this is one of those fragrances that I was not initially crazy about. I agree with some of the other MUA reviewers: at first whiff, L'Or de Torrente presented itself like any other run-of-the-mill scent sold at your local department store. So, I asked my toughest perfume critics, my husband and our daughter, what they thought. And, surprisingly, they both agreed that they liked it. Hmmm, what was going on? My people do not mince words when they don't like a fragrance I am testing! I decided to give it another try.

To my amazement, L'Or de Torrente started to bloom with my body chemistry. Not only can I detect the sweet florals, but I am, also, picking up that elusive coffee note there's been so much talk about. On me, it's actually more of a butterscotch-like coffee note with a pinch of vanilla, that's not "foody" smelling at all. Mingled between the florals and the coffee, I can sense one more thing. It must be the sparkling fruity note, perhaps the tangerine. In my opinion, an incredible finish to a unique and beautiful fragrance. I think this one is a keeper!

on 12/9/2002 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

"A haute couture fairytale, extreme femininity and elegance. The fragrance combines sparkling blackcurrent leaves and tangerine, angelica and magnolia leaves, rose and coffee essence, precious iris on cedarwood and rich vanilla orchid. Entrancing and charming, it creates a memory that lasts forever as a luxurious and refined fragrance," is one of the descriptions of this fragrance. No matter how many times I try this or how long I leave it on, the coffee just does not emerge on me. It also has very poor staying power on my skin. I really wanted to like this because the bottle which has a 12K gold leaf print silk screen design is to die for, but it is just very plain on me and none of the notes stand out, except for the cedar which I don't like. On me it is just a rather drab, average blend of them all. In fact it actually takes on a rather unpleasant acrid note on my skin. Plus it has that common, nothing unique, department store clone smell that I dread. I only have the miniature, and many think they smell different, but I have never found this to be true unless they were past their prime as many minis can be. So although the bottle is gorgeous, on me the fragrance is not.