NARS Gaiety

NARS Gaiety
GaietyGaietyGaiety

4.5

7/10/2013 - talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, octyldodecyl stearate, silica, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol. (The rest are color pigments - too many to type.)Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75740 (Carmine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 45370 (Orange 5), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

My favorite baby pink blusj!

Gilda and Gaiety were my first Nars blushes and I bought them completely blindly off the narscosmetics.eu site just based on online reviews (we unfortunately do not have Nars in Finland ). After trying out Nars blush, I now truly know what a good blush is! One day I hope to own most of them :)

Gaiety is a beautiful cool matte pastel pink color. It looks very bright in the compact, but on the skin it turns into this dolly like cute pink fresh flush. Despite the color being matte, there is zero signs of chalkyness when you put the blush on your face, no matter how many layers you go for (although it will give you clown cheeks if you opt for too many layers!)

The lasting power is very good and pigmentwise a little goes a long way. It is not as pigmented as say Gilda, but the pigmentation is nevertheless very good! The color is especially perfect for those with paler complexions. Price is quite steep (30+€) as it is for all Nars products, but I find it well worth it; this will last you a long time even if you use it every single day.

The packaging is the typical minimalistic Nars compact, which I adore! The only thing I'm not too crazy about (and I guess pretty much 99% feel that way too) is the hard rubber like texture, which attracts dirt and finger prints like crazy. But it's also easy to clean up with a baby wipe! The compact is also very sturdy. Let me tell you, I have dropped my Nars blushes like a million times, and they have never broken (*knocks on wood*) and I guess that is because of the rubberized case.

on 5/6/2016 2:29:00 AM

This is expensive, but oh my gosh, do I love it. I picked it up on a whim. I'm usually a Wet N Wild, ELF, Milani, whatever high-end sample I have kind of person. This was so bright I thought it would look ridiculous. Not at all! I have pale, Irish skin with red undertones and this just looks wonderful. I couldn't believe it. It's replaced Orgasm for me. Makes me look more awake. Yes, it's pricey, but I'm pretty sure it's going to last me 20 years, even using it every day. And I do. Even on the days I stay home. I love it that much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favourite and most used blush, probably the only one in my collection I would repurchase if it got lost or finished (I have never finished a blush to date).
It looks like a super bright, almost neon, matte pinky purple in the pan but when I apply it it just looks like a completely natural pink flush. I have cool olive undertones that warm up a bit when I'm tanned and its totally natural looking whether I'm pale or tan. It blends really nicely and is actually surprisingly difficult to over do, at least over powder or matte finish foundations. I find I can build it up slowly and its usually very subtle if applied in only one quick swipe. For reference I am about nc15-20, nars gobi or finland.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really love this colour. it brightens up the face. its intimidating in the pan but so wearable. i feel like it doesnt last that long though but i cant be certain. its nice and soft and easy to apply

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful color but not as pigmented as I hoped for the price. A comparable option is Bobbi Brown Pastel Pink or Pale Pink and they blend much more naturally on the skin.

The blush looks great on pale skin and medium skin but (in my opinion) should perform better for the price.

I love nars blushes !!! This colour looks sooo bright but beautiful in the pan but when I apply it with my bobbi brown blush brush it looks sooo subtle like winter rosy cheeks on fair skin :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

okay why is this shade not raved about?? its amazing!! I bought it like 4 days ago (my first ever NARS blush) and holy smokes im obsessed. The packaging firstly is adorable- so sleek and compact; very ideal for travelling and touch ups. In the pan its a very true barbie pink colour with a satin finish- which i quite like for this colour. If i had one tiny negetive is that i wish it was a bit more pigmented, but overall really easy to blend out for a soft wash of subtle pink. I think the price os fairly reasonable in Australia- $39rrp (mecca maxima) considering it used to be $45. In summary, a really beautiful, high qaulity blush with a subltle satin pink finish. I recommend it to all beginners or people with pale skin. Definite repurchase.

on 7/13/2014 8:30:00 PM

A year ago I lost my makeup bag while traveling. As you can imagine, I was super disappointed as I loved my stash. I decided to NOT buy the same items I already had in an effort to try new things and up my game. Two items in the lost bag were Bobbi Brown Pale Pink and Nars Desire - two of my favorite light pink blushes. In an effort to try something new I bought Gaiety. Well, I ended up returning it. No matter how many times and on different days I tried to get it to work, it never did work. There was just no color payoff for me in comparison with the two former products I had loved. I tried it again last night and it just did NOT show up. It's almost like Chanel's Narcisse - it's "sort of" there if you look really hard, but clearly based upon my love of Bobbi Brown's Pale Pink and Nars Desire, that is not my style. I was really hoping last night that I'd finally get it to work. When it didnt, and I had to go to my Chanel Turbulent which thankfully I had not lost in the makeup bag, I decided this was going back today. And back it went - I won't miss this product. I had wanted to like it but "there's no there there" and it was just taking up space in my new makeup bag. The positive reviews here on MUA really surprise me. I went back to my original love Bobbi Brown Pale Pink after this disaster. Kevin Aucion (sp?) also has a gorgeous hot pink blush which begins with an M that I've been meaning to try.

on 4/12/2014 7:11:00 AM

One of my most favourite Nars blushes, love the staying powder and the fact that it can look so subtle or so intense...having NC15 skin and possibly paler in winter I go for the subtle approach.

I like to apply this with a stipple brush - very lightly and buff in and build up to the perfect flushed blush colour or application with a fan brush also works well for this blush. The colour does look scary bright (if you are pale) but comes off on the skin if used with a subtle hand as a pretty true pink.

I have a few Nars blushes and for some reason even though I use clean brushes everyday this developed a hard shiny film that I had to scrap off - maybe it got damp somewhere. It's fine now and has not done it again.

Love this enough that it would be a re-purchase.

Just an update to add that I thought this blush looked very similar to my Christian Dior Rosy Glow Blush and indeed it is, on my face and arm swatches they are identical.

on 3/29/2014 12:10:00 AM

I am ghastly white, and I have red tones in my skin. I work in a brightly lit hospital, so I always look super washed out. This blush perks up my face and the colour is gentle enough that I don't look like Jigsaw from the Saw movies. Don't let the look in the pan fool you -- offensive neon pink, very pigmented looking colour. It doesn't blend out this way when you apply it. Even if I seemingly put too much on my blush brush, it has a way of looking subtle yet present.. and like I said, I'm very pale. Wear it to your minimal makeup job and stack on a bit more and wear it out at night. Love it.