Chanel LE VERNIS #533 APRIL

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OMG this is a beautiful color! Reminds me a lot of Rouge Fatal, an old favorite of mine. This is so classy and timeless chic. I love these dark, slightly vintage reds against my fair skin and strawberry blonde hair. My boyfriend loves it too. Will continue to wear this all year round.

on 3/5/2012 2:28:00 AM

Chanel April is a beautiful creamy, blue based bordeaux in the usual good Chanel quality. From looking at the bottle, I had expected the color to be lighter and more dusty than it actually is on the nail, and I tend to agree with the previous reviewer that this color perhaps is better suited for January than April. I think, I had expected this to be more of an "un-red" red - a subtle, very wearable reddish rose that wouldn't be as much in your face as a standard red. That, I think, it's not. However beautiful and interesting the color is, the impression you get is that of bordeaux nails. The color, I have in my collection, that is closest to it is OPI "Just a little Rösti at this" which is a tad darker, but basically the same color.

After the first coat the color on the nail was a nice well pigmented fuchsia. I could easily have stopped after two coats, but I didn't think the color was muted enough so I went on with a third. The third coat did make the color slightly more dusty, but it also made the polish look a bit thick.

I won't repurchase - not because there is anything wrong with neither the color nor the quality, but because I think there are far more beautiful bordeaux polishes out there already. And I do wish Chanel would make that dusty, greyish and muted red I thought this one was. I need it in my collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the usual, great, quality, smoothly applied Chanel nail polish. It wears well, and the color rocks. It is a strange, muted, plum-ish, red---- similar to OPI 20 candles on my cake, but less brown.
It is new for Spring 2012-- but it does not look like "April" it looks like January. Winter-y--- and reminds one of mulled wine. However, i lemmed it for at least a week, and im glad i bought it. The color is gorge.

Chanel released three polishes for Spring 2012 - April, May, and June. cute idea, but only May and June match their months, one a pink, the other a peach/coral.

quality excellent, color beautiful, wears and applies well.

Popular Polishes