Chanel LE VERNIS #533 APRIL

No Image

3.5

on 4/17/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Bought this in March just to wear it in April. The viewer below had it right in calling it a vintage red. At first I thought maybe it was too blah for me or too berry colored. But the shade is actually really classy and has a softness too it that makes it very feminine and pretty. I use two coats (with a base and top coat) in order to get a shade that matches the bottle. Can't really describe it, except to say it is a dusky red rose that looks almost garnet. I find myself reaching for it more lately than any of my other favorite colors. Would definitely repurchase, but have to take one lippie off for the price. Chanel does great polishes, but almost $30 is insane.

on 5/7/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do love this, and will wear it a lot, and probably repurchase if I ever run out. But I knocked one lippy off as it takes 3 coats to achieve the dusty, muted, interesting colour you see in the bottle. With two coats, it's pretty much opaque, but you get kind of a boring rose-red colour. With three, it's one of those interesting, can't-quite-work-it-out colours that you can't stop looking at - a mix of dusty red, bordeaux, purple and brown. Love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK maybe I remember the 80's too well or maybe it's that I work in a place caught in the 80s but this colour just completely reminds me of the 80s when the colours started to break away from the red trend. I do not love it at all. Again, my own personal opinion, but I was bored just looking at it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the usual, great, quality, smoothly applied Chanel nail polish. It wears well, and the color rocks. It is a strange, muted, plum-ish, red---- similar to OPI 20 candles on my cake, but less brown.
It is new for Spring 2012-- but it does not look like "April" it looks like January. Winter-y--- and reminds one of mulled wine. However, i lemmed it for at least a week, and im glad i bought it. The color is gorge.

Chanel released three polishes for Spring 2012 - April, May, and June. cute idea, but only May and June match their months, one a pink, the other a peach/coral.

quality excellent, color beautiful, wears and applies well.

Popular Polishes