Chanel LE VERNIS #533 APRIL

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OMG this is a beautiful color! Reminds me a lot of Rouge Fatal, an old favorite of mine. This is so classy and timeless chic. I love these dark, slightly vintage reds against my fair skin and strawberry blonde hair. My boyfriend loves it too. Will continue to wear this all year round.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

April is an ironic name for a colour released in the spring collection because this is a lovely autumn colour (which actually works out well for us Aussies where April is autumn)

It's a hard colour to describe. Is it plum? Is it red? Is it pink? It seems to fall in all those categories but my description would be that it is plum with a bit of brown in it. To be honest the colour changes depending on how many coats. It's a delicate rosy-red with one coat, a rosy-plum with a second and a rosy-berry with a third. In any case, it's a classic, elegant colour that one would expect from Chanel.

This applies very smoothly and is self levelling. It has it's own beautiful gloss but a top coat helps (if nothing else to protect from chipping)

Will definitely buy again as I think it's a nail-polish staple colour

on 3/5/2012 2:28:00 AM

Chanel April is a beautiful creamy, blue based bordeaux in the usual good Chanel quality. From looking at the bottle, I had expected the color to be lighter and more dusty than it actually is on the nail, and I tend to agree with the previous reviewer that this color perhaps is better suited for January than April. I think, I had expected this to be more of an "un-red" red - a subtle, very wearable reddish rose that wouldn't be as much in your face as a standard red. That, I think, it's not. However beautiful and interesting the color is, the impression you get is that of bordeaux nails. The color, I have in my collection, that is closest to it is OPI "Just a little Rösti at this" which is a tad darker, but basically the same color.

After the first coat the color on the nail was a nice well pigmented fuchsia. I could easily have stopped after two coats, but I didn't think the color was muted enough so I went on with a third. The third coat did make the color slightly more dusty, but it also made the polish look a bit thick.

I won't repurchase - not because there is anything wrong with neither the color nor the quality, but because I think there are far more beautiful bordeaux polishes out there already. And I do wish Chanel would make that dusty, greyish and muted red I thought this one was. I need it in my collection.

Popular Polishes