Essence get big lashes volume boost mascara

3.4

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), AQUA (WATER), CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, SILICA, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, BISABOLOL, TBHQ, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

I use the waterproof version and it's my favorite mascara. I'm surprised it has bad reviews. I have thin, ashy colored lashes and this mascara makes them long, thick, and dark like I'm wearing fake lashes. After wearing it for a long day into night, there is a little flaking but I think it's because I wear 3 coats because I like a super dramatic look. The waterproof version does not smear. Great mascara for the orice.

I used the waterproof Get Big Lashes and initially loved it, the brush gave tons of volume and there was no smearing or flaking. However, as time went by I started noticing that the next day after I used it my under-eye area would be really swollen, pink, irritated, and would then continue to become dry and flaky. Initially I though it was my eye make-up remover but I've been using it for years and this had never happened before. I stopped using make-up for a week and then, reluctant to think it was this mascara since I liked it so much, I used it again...with a different eye-makeup remover. Again I got allergies, diagnosed as eczema and was recommended to stop wearing eye-makeup until it healed. It's been a pretty annoying process, and it sucks because this was probably my new favorite mascara. Gonna have to start shopping for hypoallergenic products because you cant trust what makeup companies are putting int heir products. I'd never had a problem until now.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Good one

Where's the Big? Where's the Volume? This mascara was a letdown.

Applies smoothly, no clumps. And no smudging or flaking either. So two lippies instead of one. But this is NOT a dramatic, volumizing mascara as advertised.

Jordana Best Lash is a million times better than this. Wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

At first I thought this was pretty good for a cheap mascara. The brush sold me but not the formula. It's aaaaaight you get what you pay for....it's $4

I'm starting to use products by Essence and Catrice since I only want to use cruelty-free make up brands. Besides this, these brands are very affordable, such as this mascara. I had read good reviews about this mascara so I decided to give it a try.

My lashes aren't short, but I always need to curl them before I apply mascara, otherwise it won't make any difference. This mascara didn't work for me AT ALL, even after I curled my lashes. It doesn't hold my curls and my lashes just go back to their original form after I apply it. It seemed as though i had just applied water to my lashes. I'm guessing they don't work for me because my lashes aren't long enough. Maybe for people with longer lashes it might work. I find that only waterproof mascaras hold the curls for me.

Overall: the price is good, it's a cruelty free brand, but for my lash type it didn't hold the curls, nor did it make any difference in their appearance. Maybe a waterproof version of this brand would have worked for me

The packaging is the worst. It breaks and leaks very easily

🚨Warning if you have allergies or allergic to products this brand may not be for you.🚨 After l begun using this mascara my eyes started to water in time they begun to itch and look sore. l thought it was my hay fever, l ended up having red swollen undereye bags my lids where red and skin was flaking off my husband who is a Dr diagnosed me with Egzema and to stop using whatever new product l was trying. its been 6 weeks anf the soreness redness and swelling had gone away thanks to medicated creams. This mascara is crap does nothing for eyes lashes, flakes and smudges. no length no curl the only thing it does is Egzema. 😠

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought it for less than $5 and it makes my lashes look light and separated. It's also so cheap and waterproof (i havent really tested the waterproof factor to harshly though).
A definite con for this mascra though is that it flakes pretty bad and irritates my eyes. great for under $5 but i hesitate to use it because of the flaking.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a basic mascara. I have very straight lashes and it doesn't do anything for them other than make them black, even when I use an eyelash curler. And it isn't the blackest mascara, either, so my lashes just end up looking somewhat underwhelming.

It would be good for someone with naturally thick, curly lashes, but for anyone who needs some assistance in that department - I'd go for something else.

One gripe I have is that the wand is huge and it's very difficult to get the product on the lashes without smearing it all over your eyelid as well.