La Roche-Posay Redermic R

La Roche-Posay Redermic R

3.9

Aqua / Water, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Triethanolamine, Isohexadecane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, Retinyl Linoleate, Adenosine, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 1/31/2018 4:03:00 AM

This is the first retinoid product at the young age of 43 (so yes, I started late..!).

I have been using it for four months and am half-way through the tube, so maybe I need to use more.

Verdict I did see improvement in brightness and feel within one month of use and my skin is certainly smoother. Further, it did not irritate or break out my (not sensitive) skin. However, I do think that my skin is definitely drier now and I think it's because of the product as this was the only change in my routine.

Using this has also made me religiously use an SPF 50 sunscreen every single day, so this was a positive side effect! I will stop using it from late spring onwards, though, just in case.

I am not sure that I would repurchase, however I would certainly recommend this to anyone who wants a beginners retinoid product.

I absolutely love this product! It's the first time that I wanted to write a review about a beauty product that I use - and I've used a lot so far! I have acne prone skin, a bit sensitive after years of treatments and a few expression wrinkles. I decided to introduce myself to retinoids to prevent, as possible, aging skin. I bought LRP Redermic R two months ago and I've been using it daily but only before bed time. In the morning, I apply a serum enriched with viamins and collagen, LRP Hydraphase intense with hyaluronic acid on top and last but not least sunscreen, since here in Greece the sun is always shining! I religiously, have a facial every two months (jet peel which is absolutely favorite in Europe) and in between I use Estee Lauder Perfectly clean purifying mask. Well, for the first time in my life I love my skin!!! It seems like my skin is gradually renewing. I had no reaction to retinol, no pimples, no rash no nothing. The only thing I got was good skin texture, reduced fine lines and fading scaring/pigmentation.

on 9/15/2017 2:26:00 AM

I've been using this every third night for a few months now and really love it. I have aging dry skin with sun damage which was getting dull and I had a fair bit of texture on my cheeks. I started a regime of TO products, chemical exfoliaters, vitamin c and this and am really happy with the results. The texture is gone, my skin is softer and much brighter, I love it. I only use a pea sized amount after cleansing and then apply a moisturiser and rosehip oil on top. My skin is less dry than it was previously and I like the mild formulation of this. I'm able to use this every third night very happily and am pleased with the results.

on 7/31/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin: I'm 39, I have had mild to moderate, but very persistent acne for most of my life. I still have hormonal acne that I try (not always successfully) not to pick at, so a certain amount of scarring, mostly in the form of stubborn reddish pigmentation. Dehydrated combo skin, sometimes quite oily in the T-zone, that's is probably part of the reason why I don't really have any lines or wrinkles to speak of yet. I really can't say whether Redermic R does anything to fine lines.

I can, however, say that it's quite effective against my acne, after using it for about two months. I do not use it daily, about every other or every third night depending on what my skin feels like. I alternate between Redermic R, La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo and giving my face a break with just moisturizer. Other products: MAC Cleanse Off Oil and/or LRP Effaclar H cleansing cream, generic hydrating glycerin toner for dry skin and LRP Effaclar H moisturizer, all of which I've used for much longer - most of them a few years. Once a week or so I use an exfoliating glycolic acid toner (currently Mario Badescu, which is a bit too rough on my skin) instead of the treatments.

I don't have no acne, but I haven't had skin this consistently nice and clear since I hit puberty, which is a huge deal to me. Haven't had one of those huge, deep and painful cysts since I started using it, the ones that have showed signs of appearing just kind of deflated. The typical hormonal acne along my jawline is nearly gone most of the time. I think the texture of my skin is slightly improved, too - smoother, a tiny bit less bumpy. I have less to pick at, I scar less and it goes away faster. This combination of products seems to work really well for my skin, and Redermic R makes a difference.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's one of the most popular Retinol cosmetics in France where I got it from. La Roche Posay along with Vichy and Avene are expert skincare brands that I love and try to incorporate into my skincare routine on a daily basis and I'm always happy with the results. THIS however had 0 efficiency on me whatsoever. I finished the tube and the product did not live up to its expectations / marketing lines. It didn't even out my skin tone or make my forehead line less visible. I'm so disappointed especially considering the price.

on 6/25/2017 4:53:00 PM

I love this product, after about two weeks I noticed improvement in my facial hyperpigmentation. I started using it as a spot treatment 2x/ day and after a few days used it before bed on my entire face. You only need a small drop. As the other reviews suggested I use a moisturizer on top and of course over the day a SPF 50 (kiehls tinted mineral sunscreen, highly recommended!)

Generally I have good skin for my early 30's and use normally Elizabeth Arden prevage line although I have to say, I'm in love with La Roche posay products and considering a permanent switch!

on 6/23/2017 9:41:00 PM

This is a mild, less irritating retinoid if you are sensitive to tretinoin. I've used Retin-A off and on for years, but it was really harsh on my skin and I decided to take a break. This seems to help keep my skin pretty clear, although I haven't noticed a reduction in fine lines or tighter-looking pores. I've used it for about five months and I'm probably going to go back to tretinoin; while this is more gentle, it's also less effective. A little bit expensive for a drugstore product, but a tube lasts several months.

on 5/11/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My first foray into retinoids - I've really noticed a difference. It takes about 6 weeks of continued use to see results but it's worth it. Skin looks smoother, more even in tone and I hardly ever get blackheads/breakouts since I started using it - I feel like it does a bit of very mild resurfacing while I sleep. I know there are better/more powerful vitamin A products out there but this has been a great introduction - mild but with results. Also, Boots seem to always do deals on this so it's not as expensive as others.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another good product from LRP. I am not a fan of the packaging, the metal squeeze tube they favour using for many of their products eventually breaks, I don't know why they continue with this method of application but there must be a reason - perhaps it has something to do with protecting the efficacy of the active ingredients? Aside from the annoying metal tube, the product itself is good. I received a generous sample (always a good idea when trying something new) and a little goes a long way. I don't know that I used more than a pea sized amount for my entire face. The formula absorbs easily and does not remain tacky on the skin. I did not detect any scent and I did not experience any irritation while applying or wearing this (overnight) which I was thankful for as I do get itchy and feel a sting from the Effaclar Duo so I use that very sparingly, only when I get a breakout.

The Redermic R feels soft and smooth on the skin but I don't use this every day, rather alternate this with other products (like Jouviance Glyco Laser5). I am blessed with good genes so I'm only now experiencing fine lines on my forehead and some unfortunate dark spots from years of sun exposure. I've really benefited from LRP products and this one is no exception. LRP offers quality ingredients for your skin care regime.

Have been using this for almost a month and love what it has done to the texture of my skin. noticeable improvement in fine lines and has helped a bit with dark spots. Makes my skin very soft but I would definitely recommend a moisturizer over if dry or in drier climate.