La Roche Posay Redermic R

La Roche Posay Redermic R

Aqua / Water, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Triethanolamine, Isohexadecane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, Retinyl Linoleate, Adenosine, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum / Fragrance.

Another good product from LRP. I am not a fan of the packaging, the metal squeeze tube they favour using for many of their products eventually breaks, I don't know why they continue with this method of application but there must be a reason - perhaps it has something to do with protecting the efficacy of the active ingredients? Aside from the annoying metal tube, the product itself is good. I received a generous sample (always a good idea when trying something new) and a little goes a long way. I don't know that I used more than a pea sized amount for my entire face. The formula absorbs easily and does not remain tacky on the skin. I did not detect any scent and I did not experience any irritation while applying or wearing this (overnight) which I was thankful for as I do get itchy and feel a sting from the Effaclar Duo so I use that very sparingly, only when I get a breakout.

The Redermic R feels soft and smooth on the skin but I don't use this every day, rather alternate this with other products (like Jouviance Glyco Laser5). I am blessed with good genes so I'm only now experiencing fine lines on my forehead and some unfortunate dark spots from years of sun exposure. I've really benefited from LRP products and this one is no exception. LRP offers quality ingredients for your skin care regime.

Have been using this for almost a month and love what it has done to the texture of my skin. noticeable improvement in fine lines and has helped a bit with dark spots. Makes my skin very soft but I would definitely recommend a moisturizer over if dry or in drier climate.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2015 8:34:00 AM

I've just started using this after doing some research on the best ingredients to make wrinkles and fine lines disappear. I have noticed a big difference in one week of using this only at night. I do have only very fine lines on my forehead but the improvement is clear.

I'm sensitive skin and I'm a bit hesitant to use retinol products but am grateful that I took the risk with la Roche-Posay Redermic R. I never have adverse reaction and I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I love how I can quickly see the visible result. My fine lines are fading and I'm amazed that it can be as fast as 2 weeks. I only use it at night since it is photosensitive. Apart from my fine lines fading, my comedones are also clearing up. This product is a total must have. Im glad I discovered it.

on 4/1/2015 3:12:00 PM

I have been using this product for about a month and I have really noticed a difference in my complexion. I use this mostly as a preventative age treatment as I am in my very late 20s and wish to condition my skin.

I started lightly, about 2-3/week then at week two, I applied every night. I braced myself, knowing that there would be an adjustment period. And indeed there was. Almost immediately, the skin around my mouth and nose became very dry and fragile. I applied nivea creme abundantly at night to hydrate intensely and it really worked.

Next came a phase of acne along my hairline and forehead that was a tad unsightly. But it has gone away and I am now left with tighter skin and diminished pores.

on 12/20/2014 2:46:00 PM

I like this serum because it really does help to reduce the look of fine lines around my eyes. It is not moisturizing enough to use on its own, so I layer this under other products. This works great under eye makeup and does not contribute to creasing. I will repurchase.

on 12/13/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff. Helps smooth out my wrinkles and keeps my breakouts at bay. I bought 6 tubes on my last trip to Paris, because they are so much cheaper than in Canada. $56 Cdn at Shopper's Drug Mart. France was 24 euros. Otherwise I get small samples free from my MD, whenever their LaRoche Posay rep comes.

on 9/19/2014 5:55:00 PM

This is the first time I have used a retinol product apart from a few years ago I tried using prescription retinoid and my skin couldn't tolerate it. I have been using this cream for about 6 weeks and my skin has definitely improved. I have fairly sensitive skin so built up very gradually using it every 3 nights, then every other night and after a few weeks I started using it every night. I have had no problems so far and my skin looks fresher and feels really soft. It has also improved the oily skin on and around my nose and I am having less breakouts. Would definitely recommend it! I still have loads left in the tube as I only use a small amount... I also use Philosophy vit C booster powder in the mornings.

on 8/17/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. This pale yellow retinol lotion comes in a metal tube, which is pressed to release the lotion. Instructions say to apply once a day to wrinkled areas. I've been using it every night for six weeks, over a serum. I haven't experienced any irritation or dryness, but the depth of my wrinkles remains the same.

on 7/22/2014 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm a fan of many french drugstore brands, including La Roche-Posay. Unfortunately, this eye cream didn't produce any noticeable results. My skin is in very good condition, and I have very few fine lines around the eye area. I had read great things about this eye cream, and gave it a try. I've been using it for a month and haven't noticed any improvement in the little fine lines or slight darkness under my eyes.

Fortunately, it does provide enough hydration for daytime use, and isn't too rich to apply under-eye concealer over it. That said, I definitely wouldn't use it as a night eye cream. There are far better eye creams out there. Shiseido Benefiance isn't much more (maybe $50) and 10x better.

I think this eye cream is well suited for those in their 20s. I'm in my mid-30s, and need more anti-aging and preventative benefits from skincare products.