OPI Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI?

OPI Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI?
OPI - Dutch Ya Just Love OPI?

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This colour is a very unique purple. It is a true purple - not too red or blue - filled with bronze microshimmer. The shimmer is more prominent in the bottle than on the nail, though will show up on the nail in direct sunlight or artificial light. The purple base colour also has a slightly muted quality to it. The formula is nice, it is slightly streaky and patchy on the first coat, but evens up perfectly on the second coat. Two coats is all you need to reach full opacity and to get rid of any streaks or sheerness. I recommend using thin coats of this polish for best results. It has good lasting power and I didn't suffer from chipping or tipwear. It dries to a nice finish, not as shiny as I would like though so I would recommend top coat. This is a really awesome purple and the shimmer makes it so special. This is definitely one any purple lover needs to add to their collections.
However it is a 100% dupe of Zoya Tru. You do not need both!

I really like this purple. It is a "grown up" purple. Not too shiny and kind off matte finish. For me it does look at little dull so a topcoat is a must. Also It has a gold mixed into it which when looking at your finished nails comes off as a streak at times. I kept going over it thinking I missed a spot but it was just the angle....

on 10/6/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

COLOR: Great purple for warm skin tones. A *true* purple ( not blurple, gray-ple, or any other newfangled purple). Didn't give it a second thought when the Holland collection first came out; I figured it would be just another purple -- a little too cool or juvenile or not versatile enough to wear more than a couple of days. But after ogling endless online and in-store swatches, I bought it because this particular shade of purple (more plummy than blue), coupled with the super-fine, subtle copper micro shimmer, elevates it a notch. It's not a shimmer purple, it's not a frost purple, it's a polished purple with a little dimension to it. A more sophisticated shade. The Holland collection overall was a beauty.
APPLICATION & WEAR: As usual, OPI's formula is top-notch. No streaks, awesome cream with quick opacity. I am wearing two coats with Seche Vite top coat, and manicure lasts a full work week with no chipping, before I switch to a new color.

I like this, its a sparkly vampy dark purple color and under different lighting it can look like a different color. For example in the sun it looks like a grape purple and the gold shimmers are very noticeable, but indoors away from sunlight it looks like a deep almost black purple without shimmers. Nice color but would not repurchase simply because its just not really a versatile color like pinks or neutrals.

on 11/8/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Different than I expected, but I love this color! The bottle makes it out to be lighter than it is. Under light it's a nice grape shade, but it's very dark indoors. It surprised me, but I like it nonetheless. It needs two coats so that it doesn't look streaky, but it dries pretty quickly. Definitely recommend this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LOVE this polish! It's perfect. My all time favorite. :)

on 10/1/2012 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this purple. Initially bought it as a part of Sunny fingers and toes kit in a mini bottle. It is very easy to put on, color is pretty and opaque in one coat, bronzy shimmer is very subtle, so I still consider it office appropriate color. I don't think I will repurchase, but mainly because I have too many polishes to go through already.

on 5/19/2012 12:42:00 PM

At first glance at the pictures online I thought it was going to be similar to OPI Funkey dunkey. Boy was i wrong. It's better, more pretty. Loooks so good for me, which is rare for a purple. I think it's not too dark, not too light. Just nice. 2 coats needed only for complete opacity.

on 8/13/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a perfect purple. Very similar to "Funky Dunky" from OPI's Shrek Collection, but this one has like a goldy shimmer to it.
Here's the breakdown:
Colour: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5
The colour is a gorgeous medium purple with a hint of gold shimmer. Very very pretty.
The application was very good. Completely opaque in two coats, quick drying time.

Incredible color, changes depending on what lighting youre in, I love it and its worth a try!

Popular Polishes