Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

2.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This basically sits on your lips. Doesn't nothing for dry chapped lips. I would not buy this again. I do like that it has no colour, parabens, flavour or strong smell.

Terrible. I received 4 of these in a sample bag. I normally like the Burt's Bees lip balm, but this one made my lips sting and after a day of use my lips were so dry. A week later I came back to try it again - same thing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Saw this up on the featured page and it reminded me how poor quality this product was!! I actually like the normal burts lip balm but this one was such a disappointment!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This messed up my lips SO BAD!!!! I woke up with dry lips and used this at work. When I got off of work my lips were horribly chapped. Bleeding, flaking and painful. Straight to the trash

This is the worst chapstick I have ever used! Please do not waste your money buying this product. I have dry lips and this stuff only lasted me a good 30 seconds... And I'm serious! It's just like taking some hair grease and rubbing it on your lips, the same kind of hair grease. Just an all-around piece of garbage don't ever buy this I wouldn't even recommend looking at it. Doing that alone cause my eyes to dry out. The worst chapstick ever!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't know what people are talking about in these bad reviews. This balm is great. I have severely dry lips, and this is a wonderful option to treat extreme dryness. I don't mind he greasiness, because it goes on clear and this ensures that my chapped lips aren't super obvious (no yucky collection of balm on the dried skin/ cracks on my lips). I'll keep buying as long as it is relatively inexpensive.

I don't find any of the Burt's Bees lip balms to be bestew very much moisture on my lips. They all give a temporary fix & then my lips go to feeling a little bit worse than they did before I applied the balm.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't see how this is any different from the other Burt's Bees lip balms. Moisturizes decently in the 15 minutes before it wears off. Still looking for something better.
Probably the wouldn't buy again just because it wears off so fast. I am having to apply this 4-5 times a day just to keep my lips feeling halfway normal.

**EDIT** Okay, so after a week of using this product I've changed my mind a little. No, the staying power isn't very good. But this honestly does moisturize my lips better than the other balms that I have.
I tried a JR Watkins balm that was really heavy and didn't wear off quickly. But thats allll it did. My lips still felt chapped and flaky after it wore off.
With this one, there is definitely a noticeable difference. I will keep using!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised to see so many bad reviews. This lip balm is the best! Like others have mentioned it is more slippery and oily but I love that. It leaves your lips very glossy and smooth. And it is very moisturizing and healing. I used to only use eos lip balm (those cute little sphere shaped ones) and I like this way better. I actually prefer the oily texture vs a waxy texture like most lip balms have. I have nothing bad to say about this lip balm :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This lip balm was an odd experience. The ingredients look amazing. When I put it on, I could have imagined this, but my lips immediately looked a slightly more flushed and plump. I also felt a mildly irritated sensation - very mild and spotty, though, it wasn't enough to make me want to remove it, but it did make me wonder if continued use would lead to a sudden bad reaction. So the few days that I used this, I enjoyed putting it on as it slips on almost like oil rather than a lip balm, and it stays wet/moist - but it didn't seem to sink in. It didn't make my lips feel conditioned - they felt tight as they would if unconditioned, but with an oily layer on top. When I rubbed my lips flakes of (presumably dry/dead) skin would slough off of my lips - it was like an exfoliater, even though my lips hadn't seemed flaky before putting it on. But of course, you don't want to sit there with rough/grainy feeling lips, but if you wipe them off, all of the lip balm comes off, as it hasn't sunk in at all. It wasn't great for me as my go-to lip balm due to the oily/unconditioned feel, but I liked the idea of using it as a lip treatment for exfoliation...however that slight irritation I felt around my lips has me worried that I might react to it later and break out. So I am keeping it....and if my lips need exfoliation, then I may use it once in a blue moon, but I don't want to risk regular use.

Update: So...I don't know if this is definitely related, but a couple of days after I stopped using this product, my my lips broke out in a rash? Tiny bumps all over my lips, very rought/dry, especially toward the edges - that lasted for a few days, I used l"yes to" lip balm with vaseline on top several times a day to moisturize, and my lips are close to normal now. Reducing this review to just one lippie.