Clarins Ever matte

Clarins Ever matte

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT : TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2,3 % INACTIVE INGREDIENTS : CYCLOPENTASILOXANE - AQUA/WATER - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - ALCOHOL - HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER - PEG/PPG-20/15 DIMETHICONE - MAGNESIUM SULFATE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - SILICA - POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - GLYCERIN - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - LIMONIA ACIDISSIMA WOOD POWDER - METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - PEG-10 DIMETHICONE - STEARIC ACID - DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN - DIANTHUS CARTHUSIANORUM FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - DIMETHICONOL - HYDROXYETHYL UREA - DIMETHICONE/ VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PHENOXYETHANOL - LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - ALGIN - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - POTASSIUM SORBATE - SODIUM HYDROXIDE - CITRIC ACID - TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE - CHRYSIN. ± / MAY CONTAIN: [CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE - CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/IRON OXIDES - CI 77019/MICA].

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: invisible on skin; covers imperfections; doesn't dry skin, doesn't transfer.

Cons.: string scent; peachy color; doesn't control shine; pricey; mask feeling.

I only started to like it when people started saying "you look fresh". And it wasn't like "your makeup looks nice". It seems that even my husband doesn't notice that I am using foundation! That's why 4 stars, but I don't like anything else about it.....it feels like a mask, it smells so bad, it doesn't cover everything, doesn't stay on long; it runs out of a tube, tube's lid is inconvenient to use and many more things that I hate about it, but "you look fresh" comment makes me stick with it for now until I find anything better.

Pretty good overall, but not as matte as I was expecting/would've liked. If my skin weren't combo and oily in places I think I would've liked it better.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/24/2016 6:39:00 PM

This foundation was awful. Not matte at all and oxidized horribly. I've never had a matte foundation look so greasy on me.
I did love the packaging. I prefer a squeeze tube over any other type of packaging.

on 5/14/2016 4:26:00 PM

I've always thought I'd never find a foundation that's both light and natural but still offers a good coverage and a nice finish. Well this one does. It controls the shine, yet it's not too matte and does not look cakey at all. Also, it's great for sensitive, allergic skin, as it is super gentle, super creamy. As for the colours, Sand is perfect for my fair, neutral skin. It's not too yellow, nor to pink.
The beautiful packaging reflects the product. It's so...airy.
5/5

ps: Definitely not for those seeking perfect, full coverage and a very matte finish. This is suitable for those ladies who are more into natural, light makeup.

This has been my go to foundation for a long time. I love the consistency and it has a lovely fresh smell that makes me feel like I'm getting a facial. I wouldn't describe it as a matte finish though, more semi-matte, but I love the finish and it is a great colour match for me (103 Ivory). I use it with Clarins translucent pressed powder and it stays put all day, with a bit of oiliness seeping through midday, but I would expect that from any foundation and i touch up with powder. My only problem with it is it doesn't give me as much coverage as I would like anymore but this isn't marketed as a full coverage foundation, and I still come back to this because I love the natural look it gives for everyday wear. Overall I find it a very good foundation.

I have to say im pleasantly surprised. Initially i was never wowed by this foundation but every time id want a break from others id pick this up and wonder why i dont reach for it more often. So aftr three months im writing this review. Its a creamy kind of consistency and it isnt really matte at all, however, having said that my skin doesnt get as shiny as it does with my other more full coverage matte foundations. I dont need to wear a moisturiser with this i just set it with a translucent setting powder (dior forever).The colours are quite neutral to me. I have the shade ivory 103 which is a good replacement for mac studio fix nc15 but more neutral and peachy looking, less yellow. I think i will always keep this as a failsafe weekend foundation for when i cant be bothered but still need medium coverage and hydration and dont want to make my acne worse. It almost feels like its good for my skin so if you suffer from breakouts its worth a try. Just dont expect high coverage or a matte finish its nothing like double wear for example.

on 12/5/2015 1:56:00 PM

HG FOUNDATION! I do like this product so much because is light-midium coverge and never breaks me out, totally recommend it!

on 11/27/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I’ve tried a lot of foundations and BB creams and always they make me either really shiny or super dry with heavy coverage (I have combination skin). I’ve tried a few Clarins products and was intrigued when I saw this was for oily skin and wasn’t heavy, researching I saw that Lisa Eldridge recommended it for oily skin on one of her videos and I was sold. I think this is my favorite foundation ever: it doesn’t feel heavy but covers well my redness, it’s generally matte through the day but doesn’t feel or look heavy, the smell of cucumbers is nice, not TO expensive, has SPF, the packaging looks nice, my skins loves it and the color is almost right (I would prefer it a tad more yellow). Overall I love it, I used it for two months straight and loved how it looks (right now I’m using others because I have them and it’s a little dry for a matte foundation).

on 10/23/2015 2:26:00 PM

Far too thick

on 8/22/2015 3:23:00 PM

wow this is pretty amazing. it's what I wanted the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid to be. Both look like skin, not shiny or too matte, while being pretty weightless on the skin. This one, however, also makes my skin look better , while the estee lauder one kinda makes it look worse than it actually is?! not a lot of coverage, but cancels out my mild redness with one thin layer, and i add an extra layer on the blemishes.

NC20 and I use this in Sand.