Clarins Ever matte

Clarins Ever matte

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT : TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2,3 % INACTIVE INGREDIENTS : CYCLOPENTASILOXANE - AQUA/WATER - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - ALCOHOL - HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER - PEG/PPG-20/15 DIMETHICONE - MAGNESIUM SULFATE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - SILICA - POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - GLYCERIN - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - LIMONIA ACIDISSIMA WOOD POWDER - METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - PEG-10 DIMETHICONE - STEARIC ACID - DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN - DIANTHUS CARTHUSIANORUM FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - DIMETHICONOL - HYDROXYETHYL UREA - DIMETHICONE/ VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PHENOXYETHANOL - LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - ALGIN - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - POTASSIUM SORBATE - SODIUM HYDROXIDE - CITRIC ACID - TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE - CHRYSIN. ± / MAY CONTAIN: [CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE - CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/IRON OXIDES - CI 77019/MICA].

on 9/24/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eh. So wish I could say this is the most amazing thing I've ever used. Clarins is my go to brand for all things skincare so I decided to have a bash with their makeup. I am on what seems to be a never ending and frustrating hunt for my HG foundation. I have disturbingly oily skin, to the point where after 3-4 hours my entire face is a hideous oil slick. I decided to go for ever matte in the hope I would be ever matte
Pros:
Colours are great - I have very cool pale NC15 skin and the palest shade is spot on for me, really gorgeous match
The formula is fabulous, blends beautifully with a damp beauty blender, builds nicely if required
Doesn't oxidise IF you use primer - I just stress that if you don't prime and have oily skin, this is going to be a rusty mess 10 minutes after you apply
Powder (I use clarins ever matte) sits nicely on top and it doesn't cake
Pump applicator - always my favourite
Nice heavy and robust glass bottle
Has a typically gorgeous clarins floral smell - I know some people really hate how perfumed clarins is but I love the scents in their products
On initial application gives a flawless and stunning matte complexion which lasts for a good hour
Cons:
Will and I repeat will oxidise on oily skin with no primer
I hate the fact that the bottle is frosted glass -I suspect the glass is coated inside too, because one day I thought I had a tonne left and the next I was totally out
I ran out of this crazy fast. I'm not sure why but I used this sparingly and still ran out in two months. For the price this is a problem
Transfers really badly. I can see it all over my car interior and I am very careful not to touch my face where possible
And the big one - it isn't ever matte. Maybe if you have lovely peachy normal and flawless skin it is ever matte, but on my skin it look WET not just greasy after an hour of wear which is such a shame. It sits heavily on my under eye and just vanishes into thin air on the rest of my face - not a good look at all.

I appreciate that whilst I will never find a foundation that makes me matte for 10 hours straight, an hour is not good enough especially given the price and the fact it seemed to run out very very quickly. Il stick to clarins skincare as I swear by it but I don't think I would rush to buy this foundation again. In number the pros outweigh the cons but the fact that it just doesn't work has really put me off. Shame really.

on 8/4/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on my second bottle and this is my go-to foundation in the summer. Got it in 105 nude, don't think they sell lighter versions, at least not in Sweden. Too dark to use in the winter unfortunately. But it gives a perfect finish that last on me for many hours. Perfect for my acne-prone, oily summer-skin, doesn't break me out either. So happy I found this.

on 8/3/2016 4:42:00 PM

I'm basing this review on a sample I got after crying my heart out when I learned my HG Clarins UV Plus Tinted Sunscreen is now discontinued. *DIES* I've been told this matte foundation is the closest one to the UV Plus product, as it's sheer and matte as well, but more buildable which could be useful for winter when my skin tends to be more red. I tried the product 3x and while it gets oily faster than the UV Plus around my nose (this is a problematic area for me and EVERY foundation will get oily, some after only 30 minutes), it's nothing a blotting and powdering can't fix. If I can't find a backup of my HG online, I'll probably get this foundation instead.

on 7/31/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a lovely skin like foundation. It has a medium-full buildable coverage that doesn't look cakey. With LM translucent powder on top this lasts me a good 14 hours & keeps the oilies at bay. All this & it manages to look natural too. A definite repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: invisible on skin; covers imperfections; doesn't dry skin, doesn't transfer.

Cons.: string scent; peachy color; doesn't control shine; pricey; mask feeling; doesn't cover anything!.

I only started to like it when people started saying "you look fresh". And it wasn't like "your makeup looks nice". It seems that even my husband doesn't notice that I am using foundation! That's why 4 stars, but I don't like anything else about it.....it feels like a mask, it smells so bad, it doesn't cover everything, doesn't stay on long; it runs out of a tube, tube's lid is inconvenient to use and many more things that I hate about it, but "you look fresh" comment makes me stick with it for now until I find anything better.

Update: I realized after trying it for over 2 months, that it doesn't cover anything and melts off your skin. Maybe for someone with normal skin and no imperfections it is good, but not good if you need coverage, because there is none...and the smell...no!

Pretty good overall, but not as matte as I was expecting/would've liked. If my skin weren't combo and oily in places I think I would've liked it better.

on 5/24/2016 6:39:00 PM

This foundation was awful. Not matte at all and oxidized horribly. I've never had a matte foundation look so greasy on me.
I did love the packaging. I prefer a squeeze tube over any other type of packaging.

on 5/14/2016 4:26:00 PM

I've always thought I'd never find a foundation that's both light and natural but still offers a good coverage and a nice finish. Well this one does. It controls the shine, yet it's not too matte and does not look cakey at all. Also, it's great for sensitive, allergic skin, as it is super gentle, super creamy. As for the colours, Sand is perfect for my fair, neutral skin. It's not too yellow, nor to pink.
The beautiful packaging reflects the product. It's so...airy.
5/5

ps: Definitely not for those seeking perfect, full coverage and a very matte finish. This is suitable for those ladies who are more into natural, light makeup.

This has been my go to foundation for a long time. I love the consistency and it has a lovely fresh smell that makes me feel like I'm getting a facial. I wouldn't describe it as a matte finish though, more semi-matte, but I love the finish and it is a great colour match for me (103 Ivory). I use it with Clarins translucent pressed powder and it stays put all day, with a bit of oiliness seeping through midday, but I would expect that from any foundation and i touch up with powder. My only problem with it is it doesn't give me as much coverage as I would like anymore but this isn't marketed as a full coverage foundation, and I still come back to this because I love the natural look it gives for everyday wear. Overall I find it a very good foundation.

I have to say im pleasantly surprised. Initially i was never wowed by this foundation but every time id want a break from others id pick this up and wonder why i dont reach for it more often. So aftr three months im writing this review. Its a creamy kind of consistency and it isnt really matte at all, however, having said that my skin doesnt get as shiny as it does with my other more full coverage matte foundations. I dont need to wear a moisturiser with this i just set it with a translucent setting powder (dior forever).The colours are quite neutral to me. I have the shade ivory 103 which is a good replacement for mac studio fix nc15 but more neutral and peachy looking, less yellow. I think i will always keep this as a failsafe weekend foundation for when i cant be bothered but still need medium coverage and hydration and dont want to make my acne worse. It almost feels like its good for my skin so if you suffer from breakouts its worth a try. Just dont expect high coverage or a matte finish its nothing like double wear for example.