Clarins Ever matte [DISCONTINUED]

Clarins Ever matte  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT : TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2,3 % INACTIVE INGREDIENTS : CYCLOPENTASILOXANE - AQUA/WATER - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - ALCOHOL - HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER - PEG/PPG-20/15 DIMETHICONE - MAGNESIUM SULFATE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - SILICA - POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - GLYCERIN - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - LIMONIA ACIDISSIMA WOOD POWDER - METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - PEG-10 DIMETHICONE - STEARIC ACID - DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN - DIANTHUS CARTHUSIANORUM FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - DIMETHICONOL - HYDROXYETHYL UREA - DIMETHICONE/ VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PHENOXYETHANOL - LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - ALGIN - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - POTASSIUM SORBATE - SODIUM HYDROXIDE - CITRIC ACID - TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE - CHRYSIN. ± / MAY CONTAIN: [CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE - CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/IRON OXIDES - CI 77019/MICA].

on 2/6/2017 5:29:00 AM

I haven't been searching for a HG foundation for long; I've probably gone through 6 different types. I have combo skin and just started to break out a fair bit (dang it) as I am in my middle-to-late teens. I last was using the Rimmel Lasting Finish (which you just can't go wrong with; so cheap, so good) and was switching it up occasionally with my too-dark Chanel Mat Lumiere. But then I did a bit more research, and found out about this beauty. I read about it and searched reviews, video and written, and watched a few 'best foundations for combination skin' videos, and turned out Lisa Eldridge recommended it for her top combo foundations along with a very good explanation about it. Well, I was just about sold! I bought it and have only been using it for two days, hence why I can't give five lippies, since I haven't used for long enough, but I'm pretty sure this is my HG and I am so pleased! It keeps me more matte than any of my others, the coverage is LOVELY (matte, not dewy but not dry-looking, evening, non-patchy) and I can even concentrate it on areas if I want to get a fuller coverage! So far, very good! Oh, and also, I love it wayyyy more than my Chanel! Only cons so far: Needs more shades, the lightest is a tiny TINY bit too dark and too yellow for me, and there aren't enough shades for girls with deeper/deep skin tones. Sure, by the end of 12 hours, I have a fair bit of shine around my nose, but only light shine everywhere else, if anything just looks like dewy foundation, which I also love! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! Hope I continue to love it as I keep using it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this twice now, I really like this clarins foundation I have very oily/acne prone skin and this seems to work really well with my skin. It feels light on my skin and gives a medium coverage which looks very natural, I'm usually a estee lauder double wear girl so im used to a full matte coverage however, full long lasting foundations that are worn everyday causes my skin problems, such as brakeouts. This ever matte foundation is a great choice of foundation if you wear makeup everyday it doesn't block my pores or course brakeouts its pretty good at keeping my oil at bay too, I apply this around 7pm and its still on in the morning when I finish work (yes I work nights) only blotting once adding a little powder, and I look great. (I use the clarins ever matte powder also) quite pricey but I don't mind as this foundation works well on my skin and doesn't cause brakeouts or block my pores. I've tried other clarins foundations but this one is by far the best for oily/acne prone skin. its so natural my skin can actually breathe, would definitely repurchase this again. the packaging is great too and the product lasts me 3-4 months using it everyday.

on 8/3/2016 4:42:00 PM

I'm basing this review on a sample I got after crying my heart out when I learned my HG Clarins UV Plus Tinted Sunscreen is now discontinued. *DIES* I've been told this matte foundation is the closest one to the UV Plus product, as it's sheer and matte as well, but more buildable which could be useful for winter when my skin tends to be more red. I tried the product 3x and while it gets oily faster than the UV Plus around my nose (this is a problematic area for me and EVERY foundation will get oily, some after only 30 minutes), it's nothing a blotting and powdering can't fix. If I can't find a backup of my HG online, I'll probably get this foundation instead.

on 8/4/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on my second bottle and this is my go-to foundation in the summer. Got it in 105 nude, don't think they sell lighter versions, at least not in Sweden. Too dark to use in the winter unfortunately. But it gives a perfect finish that last on me for many hours. Perfect for my acne-prone, oily summer-skin, doesn't break me out either. So happy I found this.

on 7/31/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a lovely skin like foundation. It has a medium-full buildable coverage that doesn't look cakey. With LM translucent powder on top this lasts me a good 14 hours & keeps the oilies at bay. All this & it manages to look natural too. A definite repurchase.

on 9/24/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eh. So wish I could say this is the most amazing thing I've ever used. Clarins is my go to brand for all things skincare so I decided to have a bash with their makeup. I am on what seems to be a never ending and frustrating hunt for my HG foundation. I have disturbingly oily skin, to the point where after 3-4 hours my entire face is a hideous oil slick. I decided to go for ever matte in the hope I would be ever matte
Pros:
Colours are great - I have very cool pale NC15 skin and the palest shade is spot on for me, really gorgeous match
The formula is fabulous, blends beautifully with a damp beauty blender, builds nicely if required
Doesn't oxidise IF you use primer - I just stress that if you don't prime and have oily skin, this is going to be a rusty mess 10 minutes after you apply
Powder (I use clarins ever matte) sits nicely on top and it doesn't cake
Pump applicator - always my favourite
Nice heavy and robust glass bottle
Has a typically gorgeous clarins floral smell - I know some people really hate how perfumed clarins is but I love the scents in their products
On initial application gives a flawless and stunning matte complexion which lasts for a good hour
Cons:
Will and I repeat will oxidise on oily skin with no primer
I hate the fact that the bottle is frosted glass -I suspect the glass is coated inside too, because one day I thought I had a tonne left and the next I was totally out
I ran out of this crazy fast. I'm not sure why but I used this sparingly and still ran out in two months. For the price this is a problem
Transfers really badly. I can see it all over my car interior and I am very careful not to touch my face where possible
And the big one - it isn't ever matte. Maybe if you have lovely peachy normal and flawless skin it is ever matte, but on my skin it look WET not just greasy after an hour of wear which is such a shame. It sits heavily on my under eye and just vanishes into thin air on the rest of my face - not a good look at all.

I appreciate that whilst I will never find a foundation that makes me matte for 10 hours straight, an hour is not good enough especially given the price and the fact it seemed to run out very very quickly. Il stick to clarins skincare as I swear by it but I don't think I would rush to buy this foundation again. In number the pros outweigh the cons but the fact that it just doesn't work has really put me off. Shame really.

on 5/24/2016 6:39:00 PM

This foundation was awful. Not matte at all and oxidized horribly. I've never had a matte foundation look so greasy on me.
I did love the packaging. I prefer a squeeze tube over any other type of packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: invisible on skin; covers imperfections; doesn't dry skin, doesn't transfer.

Cons.: string scent; peachy color; doesn't control shine; pricey; mask feeling; doesn't cover anything!.

I only started to like it when people started saying "you look fresh". And it wasn't like "your makeup looks nice". It seems that even my husband doesn't notice that I am using foundation! That's why 4 stars, but I don't like anything else about it.....it feels like a mask, it smells so bad, it doesn't cover everything, doesn't stay on long; it runs out of a tube, tube's lid is inconvenient to use and many more things that I hate about it, but "you look fresh" comment makes me stick with it for now until I find anything better.

Update: I realized after trying it for over 2 months, that it doesn't cover anything and melts off your skin. Maybe for someone with normal skin and no imperfections it is good, but not good if you need coverage, because there is none...and the smell...no!

on 5/14/2016 4:26:00 PM

I've always thought I'd never find a foundation that's both light and natural but still offers a good coverage and a nice finish. Well this one does. It controls the shine, yet it's not too matte and does not look cakey at all. Also, it's great for sensitive, allergic skin, as it is super gentle, super creamy. As for the colours, Sand is perfect for my fair, neutral skin. It's not too yellow, nor to pink.
The beautiful packaging reflects the product. It's so...airy.
5/5

ps: Definitely not for those seeking perfect, full coverage and a very matte finish. This is suitable for those ladies who are more into natural, light makeup.

Pretty good overall, but not as matte as I was expecting/would've liked. If my skin weren't combo and oily in places I think I would've liked it better.