Santa Maria Novella Honeysuckle

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

on 9/28/2011 11:17:00 AM

Gorgeous classic Eau de Cologne with a larger than usual component of honeysuckle. It's much more concentrated than your usual EDC, such as 4711 or Jean Marie Farina, and lasts beautifully. It is, as previous reviewer noted, summer in a bottle. As with many SMN fragrances, there's a very gentle musk note in the base. As it dries down, the bright citric top softens and a more floral center takes over. Gorgeous packaging, crazy pricing due to import restrictions.

Oh Caprifoglio!First of all I'm a Santa Maria Novella fan!I adore the classy packaging,it makes me feel like a Renaissance lady!Caprifoglio smells like summer to me!I'm Mediterranean and neroli colognes are a staple for me and honeysuckle blooms every summer in my garden.Caprifoglio is the perfect summer eau de cologne.A classic neroli eau de cologne with honeysuckle.It is refreshing and so chic for a hot summer day.It reminds me of summer and of my childhood when my mum scented me with orange blossom water!Just a whiff and you'll be in a mediterranean garden....

on 10/24/2008 7:41:00 AM

Honeysuckle??!! Really??!! Well, on my skin, it smells nothing like honeysuckle. It's a pretty neroli scent, that after some minutes turns into a Coppertone paradise.
SMN Honeysuckle is beautiful, very feminine and uncomplicated - I can visulalize a pretty girl with a warm and cheerful personality (and great sense of humour) wearing this fragrance.
I don't like neroli scents in general, but the "Coppertone" drydown deserves 4 lippies. Lovely!

on 9/1/2005 5:32:00 PM

If Caprifoglio is based on a Renaissance formula, it was surely created by some very forward thinking perfumer who must have intuited the scent of Coppertone from the distant future and realized how beautifully a hint of Coppertone would blend with honeysuckle. This is a gorgeous green honeysuckle scent, but to my nose there is a distinct touch of Coppertone blended into it. I'm not finding it to be particularly soapy on my skin as other reviewers have, but perhaps my interpretation of the soapy note they perceive is the Coppertone scent I pick up on.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I agree with the previous reviewer's comments about the Honeysuckle being soapy. I'm not a fan of this at all and it could be because I prefer my honeysuckle to smell more like the real flower and as a soapy impression.

on 8/2/2003 5:01:00 PM

Wow, I love this! It smells so heavenly, clean yet warm and floral-y at the same time. It smells so beautiful...I got a roll-on decant of this in a swap, and would definitely purchase the full-sized one (if I can find it!).

Popular Fragrances