Santa Maria Novella Honeysuckle

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

3.5

on 9/1/2005 5:32:00 PM

If Caprifoglio is based on a Renaissance formula, it was surely created by some very forward thinking perfumer who must have intuited the scent of Coppertone from the distant future and realized how beautifully a hint of Coppertone would blend with honeysuckle. This is a gorgeous green honeysuckle scent, but to my nose there is a distinct touch of Coppertone blended into it. I'm not finding it to be particularly soapy on my skin as other reviewers have, but perhaps my interpretation of the soapy note they perceive is the Coppertone scent I pick up on.

on 6/11/2003 1:30:00 PM

Beautiful, sweet, yet not too heady. What more could one ask? While there are a few SMNs which violently disagree with me, I am becoming more and more intrigued by the colognes, as they are reasonably priced and well-made for the most part.

The smell of sunshine! This is bottled summer for me -- a lovely, fresh and true honeysuckle that melds and mellows beautifully on the skin.

on 10/3/2002 1:45:00 PM

I got a sample of this courtesy of Sweetpea, and I was very excited as I had not tried any of the SMN fragrances yet. This one was kind of disappointing. It started with a green/honeysuckle note that was pretty, but soured quickly on me. It smelled utterly nasty and sour, but was gone in 1/2 hour. I thought the perfume had faded completely, but then...it came back!!! I gave it 2 stars instead of just 1 because when the scent came back, it had a delicate and beautiful smell to it. Not true honeysuckle, but quite pretty. This didn't last too long either, though, unfortunately.

Popular Fragrances