Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.9

on 3/30/2017 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad bronzer for the price. I found these at Target initially, then found them again at a Ross or TJ Maxx, surprisingly. The light bronzer looks great with my light/medium skin (kind of a weird in between skin tone). When I am tan in the summer, the regular bronzer looks fantastic as well. Feels nice on my skin.

If you're heavy handed, make sure you blend it out or you could end up looking like Donald Trump. Orange and unappealing.

I do find the light on the compact to be a neat idea, but a little useless. I tried it a few times, with no luck. The lighted mirror makes the packaging a little bulky in comparison to other products. I do like the storage underneath the makeup for a brush or other small items.

on 5/6/2016 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I have very fair cool skin tone it was actually impossible for me to find any bronzer. With all shades and brands I tested before I was looking like an orange pumpkin, muddy, sometimes even red.
I bought this few days ago. I must admit that at this moment my skin is not the most beautiful one, I have few red spots on my cheeks but I am also prone to get such thing as a part of my allergy to herbs at this time of the year and I do not know this time if it is the reaction to herbs or to this bronzer.
However, first time in my life (I have the lighter shade) I do not look orange and muddy and I notice some nice warmth in my face. I put it with light hand and just blend it well all over my face giving accent to top of the nose and cheeks. I just hope that it will not break me out.

Update: after few months of wearing it every day all I can tell is that it is so far the best bronzer I ever tried!!!

on 9/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

When I bought this I thought it was going to be too dark for my skin tone because I'm very pale but it wasn't bad at all. All I had to do was tap my brush to get rid of excess powder before applying it to my face. It gives me a sun kissed look which is exactly what I was looking for. The price is pretty reasonable too. I would still like to purchase other bronzers just to experiment but if I don't fins anything better than this I will definitely repurchase it.

This review is for the PH matchmaker ph Powdered powder in light . I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a bronzer or a face powder foundation? This seems to be a bit of an issue with this brand , they produce many similar looking and named products that are in actuality different.
On my skin (MAC NC 10-15) it looks a smidge dark for a foundation all over powder and it does have some sparkles that I find somewhat noticeable. In a pinch this'll work but it will have a few twinkles on the face, personally I prefer a completely matte powder, as I tend towards oily to combination skin. This product may be workable as a bit of a highlight on the cheeks or a blender toner for over applied dark contour not sure yet I'll have to play with it.
I like the packaging ( the super bright LED light is going to be great for plucking hairs. I got this in a value pack at a local discounter so divvying up the price per item was around $3.50-$4. Acceptable for a splurge-y impulse buy though I wouldnt have tried it if I had not found it on sale. I also bought the bronzer from this ph line which I'll review separately .

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Color Refrence - NC 30 currently, NC 15 - NC 20 without a tan.

I truly wanted to love this bronzer. I usually love Physican's Formula, and the cool packaging and the claim that it "matched" to your skintone had me sold. I essentially paid 15$ for a lit up mirror. I really dislike the fact that there is so much glitter in this bronzer. It's very noticable when you're in the sun, tons of gold flecks that can accentuate the texture of dry skin or any blemishes that are raised on the skin. I also do not like the color at all, i feel like it is definitely on the orange spectrum and unnatural looking. I thought maybe I was putting too much on, or not blending it out good enough, but I have been using a light hand and buff it out for minutes and I still can't manage to make it look natural. Boo.

on 9/12/2012 10:34:00 AM

A bronzer that is on the lighter side for me (NC30), but subtle enough to add dimension to my face. I found out the hard way that this is quite powdery but after the first application, I've learned to gently tap my brush instead of swirling.

I enjoy the way it blends smoothly into my skin and does not turn orange at all on me. It is a more subtle bronzer and even the shimmer does not readily show up that much. I've been using for about a week now and haven't had any break-outs.

Packaging is bulky but the lighted mirror is a cute idea.

on 3/21/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought the regular Bronzer because that's all they had in the beginning by me but it was a little too dark for me right now. When I found the Light Bronze, I scooped it up. I like the product THAT much to buy both. I'm not a double buyer so that says a lot! Neither of the colors are orange or muddy looking, just a perfect shade of bronze with a bit of shimmer.